Wrestling Forum banner

Report: Rey Mysterio very likely to leave WWE when contract ends

5282 Views 45 Replies 34 Participants Last post by  Sheik
Well if Rey leaves it'll be a small loss to the WWE. I wouldn't be shocked if TNA tries to have him work part time there. Anways, Rey jobbing to Del Rio on his way out works for me.

Thoughts on Rey likely leaving?

Wrestlezone.com

WrestleZone has exclusively learned that WWE is under the impression that when Rey Mysterio's contract expires with the company in a little less than a year, the popular luchador will not be renewing.

"Rey feels his time in WWE is up," a key WWE insider told us this evening,"his performance in the Elimination Chamber is a perfect example of Rey being used in the right fashion by WWE management. He really worked hard to get Edge over the right way, even though it's obvious there are no big plans for Rey at Wrestlemania."

WrestleZone was also told about a creative meeting in which a suggestion was made that since Alberto Del Rio is the #1 contender to the World's Heavyweight Championship, consideration should be given to Rey Mysterio winning the title, and making the championship match at Wrestlemania a match between two Mexican nationals.

"The thought was to appeal to the large Latino community in Atlanta," we were told, "and to attempt to promote the match the same way UFC promoted Cain Velasquez's fight against Brock Lesnar."

WrestleZone was told the pitch was never even made to WWE Chairman Vince McMahon, because both Raw lead writer Brian Gewirtz and Smackdown lead writer Michael Hayes have been told Mysterio "will most likely not be re-signing after his current deal is up."

We have been told WWE would like to do some sort of merchandise agreement with Mysterio, but the negotiations haven't gotten to that stage yet.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

· Registered
865 Posts
That would explain why he didn't win Chamber...
That does give me a little bit more faith in the WWE to know they would have chosen logically had Rey wanted to resign

^^^ this is talking purely with a major IF attached

· Registered
6,114 Posts
Personally, this would be a big loss for WWE. I respect the hell out of Mysterio. As for the potential mania match with Del Rio in this meeting, it would have given 'Dashing' Cody Rhodes the short end of the stick there definitely so I'm glad WWE didn't go down that route. Rey has put over Del Rio enough. Now it's time for Rey to help put over guys like Rhodes, Swagger, Ziggler, Barrett etc. Still, Mysterio gone will leave a gap for a luchadore which is probably why they signed Mistico.

· Banned
266 Posts
Rey out-Mistico in,i look forward to it,especially if Mistico keeps his saint gimmick

· Registered
587 Posts
Well if Rey leaves it'll be a small loss to the WWE. I wouldn't be shocked if TNA tries to have him work part time there. Anways, Rey jobbing to Del Rio on his way out works for me.

Thoughts on Rey likely leaving?
'small loss'

It would be a massive loss, just in terms of merchandise for the wwe, let alone the loss of something different amongst the sea of generic 'wrestlers' with generic finishers they churn out right now.

9,981 Posts
I could DEFINITELY see Rey in TNA.

Can't say I'd complain either. Rey Rey in the X Division would be awesome.

Also, the schedule would be so much better for the tired guy.

Not to mention how huge of an asset he would be to that company.

· Registered
608 Posts
Na na na na, na na na na HEEEEEEYYY Goodbye!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.