Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From Adam Martin and Wrestleview.com: http://www.wrestleview.com/viewnews.php?id=1283547180

More releases are expected to be taking place over the next 30 to 60 days within TNA Wrestling according to a strong TNA source that Wrestleview.com spoke with this week. While the numbers can always change over time, around six talents are expected to be cut and it may not happen all at once. As it has been over the last year, the cuts would be another cost-cutting measure for the company.

The cost-cutting in TNA will not stop there. Were told that individuals within TNA are also being coached on certain language in how they will discuss restructuring contracts with talent or as the source put it, "It is double speak for you can stay, but at a reduced pay scale." This same source also went into detail over the frustration over pay scale with talent. "They're paying some of these guys $400 a shot and they have to pick up hotel, car rentals, gas, food, etc."

In addition to cost-cutting measures expected to take place over the next month or two, frustration over the direction of the television product is another big concern. The general feeling among many within TNA is that Vince Russo has no idea what he is doing and that the show has, in the words of a key source, "turned into the Dixie Carter Kiss Ass Show." This feeling is due to Russo writing her into a majority of the segments on Impact in the last two months. Some talent are even joking that Impact has become the "Dixie Carter Show" starring Dixie Carter and wrestlers who happen to be there.

"The talent think Russo is writing her into the show as a way to protect his job. The entire makeup of the company has completely changed since Eric Bischoff and Hulk Hogan have entered the company. It is very uncomfortable working there. The regular TNA talent feel as though Russo and Dixie have literally ramrodded the old ECW crew in on top of them. They make more money than a lot of the TNA guys and there's a lot of resentment in the locker room," added the source. One joke that made the rounds recently backstage was the recent fight/charity challenge by Jim Cornette to Vince Russo in how that would draw a bigger PPV buyrate than the next TNA PPV would this Sunday.

·
Banned
8,557 Posts
Yeah like the last time there were supposed to be released...months ago..

Also the ECW guys barely make more money than the KOs, this report is BS.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Six releases aren't enough. Get at least 10-15 out the door with Orlando Jordan, Lacey Von Erich, Rob Terry, Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff being my preferences.

As for Russo, he's obviously trying to keep his job with the threat of being replaced by someone else. Just fucking bin him already at Bound for Glory. If he wants to get involved in wrestling again, he can make his own thing which involves every match on a pole.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,967 Posts
Sounds fake but based on reality. If you get me.

I'm pretty sure that the releases will be talented young guys, rather than the guys that we all know are dead weight.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I'm not sure I believe the stuff about lacking creative direction. TNA's storylines recently have seemed to be a lot more long term and more thought out than they were earlier in the year. And its also highlighted by the amount of action that happens in the ring as opposed to backstage on Impact.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Anyone in the IWC could make up this kind of stuff. The roster cuts might be coming but the rest just sounds like typical dirtsheet BS.

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
Another false report. If they really wanted to cut costs they wouldn't keep bringing in useless hacks like Dreamer and Orlando Jordan. And didn't they just sign Carlito?

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
While the numbers can always change over time, around six talents are expected to be cut and it may not happen all at once. As it has been over the last year, the cuts would be another cost-cutting measure for the company.
This is code for "since we are pulling this stuff out of our asses we are throwing an expected number in case we are wrong"

I don't believe it.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Also the ECW guys barely make more money than the KOs, this report is BS
Well I'm sure Dreamer got a decent paycheck to come to TNA and guys like Rhino, Stevie and Raven probably make as much as the regulars. Since they were all regulars before this angle started. Most of the guys making barely more then the Knock outs were the guys they brought in for Hardcore Justice. But I agree there will be cuts at some point. TNA can't continue with this size roster, especially if they wanna bring in new talent.

·
Registered
784 Posts
"The talent think Russo is writing her into the show as a way to protect his job."
Biting insight, that's been about as obvious as the identity of the biker chick.

Whether you believe the rest of this report or not, you'd better believe that Dixie's increasing involvement was down to something other than a desire to put her sparkling promo skills on-air.

I remember Cornette at the start of the year, in one of his more lucid moments, predicting this would be exactly what would happen - Dixie pushed as an on-air character with promo time. And it has.

·
GIANTS
2,647 Posts
Yeah like the last time there were supposed to be released...months ago..

Also the ECW guys barely make more money than the KOs, this report is BS.
Probably BS, but I'm sure their is a lot of frustration in the TNA locker room....they brought in Hogan citing "change" and really it's gone downhill from there.

I expect more talents to be released when this ECW shit is done, Raven, Stevie, and OJ are on the chopping block I guess.

I expect released...soon :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure that the releases will be talented young guys, rather than the guys that we all know are dead weight.
Young guys? Name some if you will, I found that interesting...because I think the ECW guys and guys like OJ/Terry/Young could get the cut soon.

I really do hope they start getting rid of the dead weight soon.
:agree:

"Take out the trash!"

These 'the lockerroom is frustated' reports are ridiculous
I'm sure there issome frustration, since Hogan/Bischoff have done jackshit for the company.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts

serious question- I hear a lot about the 'talented youg guys' who arent getting the chance or are going to get cut. Who are they exactly? All of the ones I can think of are doing good stuff on tv at the moment (although lethal has been MIA lately). Is it like eric young and red, guys like that? I never get it when people talk about the 'young guys'

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
serious question- I hear a lot about the 'talented youg guys' who arent getting the chance or are going to get cut. Who are they exactly? All of the ones I can think of are doing good stuff on tv at the moment (although lethal has been MIA lately). Is it like eric young and red, guys like that? I never get it when people talk about the 'young guys'
More in the sense of the young guys getting a lack of individual focus and development than outright not being featured. Hell, John Morrison and R-Truth are on RAW practically every week when they aren't injured, but they pretty much have the least amount of character or personality on the roster, including the lowercard jobbers. The only ones that do seem to getting this at the moment are Abyss, the Motor City, and AJ Styles. Most of the other young guys are on TV, but a sudden disapperance of any of the other guys I didn't mention would be pretty inconsequental, including Pope and Anderson unfortunately.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts