Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Shocking the Shockmaster
4,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
William Regal has agreed to a 42-month contract to remain with World Wrestling Entertainment. This agreement keeps the 42 year old WWE superstar under contract to the promotion until his 46th birthday, reports the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

Source: Gerweck.net

Great to hear, such an under-utilized talent, even if he's off screen, i see him training in developmental or a backstage role. But would love to see him get a decent TV push.

·
Usertitle ist hier
11,699 Posts
At this stage of his career, Regal should wind down and I think he'll end up down in FCW. The WWE has been good to him through his troubles so I feel he may feel the same way.

I do think one day he'll come back here and have a role somewhere in the country, though something of a dream of mine is to see Regal as a trainer and wrestler in Ring of Honor. That would be such a dream as he has such a lot to pass onto guys regarding skills and coping with the pressures of professional wrestling, as he has learned himself.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Don't have to be Titles, just give him a respect Run, give him a great Opponent like Rey, Punk or Jericho and give him a few PPV Matches, i am sure they would be Classic, give him a Storyline, and when he Retires, he could be a Road Agent or a WWE Booker, he is a great mind espcially for the Business, so i think WWE could profit from that.

Reactions: TheLuchador129

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
He can be a great coach for Tough Enough reality show. I don't see him getting any more title belts for the rest of his career, but i can see him getting Goldust-like small programs with several young talents in the roster like Daniel Bryan, Ted DiBiase, Jr, etc.

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
Regal needs to pull a Finlay and become an FCW trainer. He's a good wrestler, and new talent could learn alot from him.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
You know, I think that he may be eventually revealed as the "anonymous" GM. I mean he hasn;t really been on Raw at all the whole time this "anonymous gm" stuff was going on. He has always played that role well IMO.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
He would make a great trainer for up and coming talent, a superstar in the making would benefit from someone with his experience. Would be great to see him in one more high profile feud before he retires.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Good to hear, he's mega popular over here in England. He's so over with us, I know that from personal experience despite only going to one RAW back in 2005.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
You know, I think that he may be eventually revealed as the "anonymous" GM. I mean he hasn;t really been on Raw at all the whole time this "anonymous gm" stuff was going on. He has always played that role well IMO.
It'd be nice to see him get attention, but I doubt it. They've already used Regal as an authority figure on at least two occasions, and I don't anticipate WWE going down that road a third time. He'd be brilliant, however. As long as he found a new name to butcher in the fashion of "Triple Haitch" and "Youmanga."

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
OMG no how could they WWE signed someone over 40 wheres all the abuse for the E for this outrageous action.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Good to hear, he's mega popular over here in England. He's so over with us, I know that from personal experience despite only going to one RAW back in 2005.
damn right, Regal is well over here, the guy's a legend.

I think he deserves the world title, but maybe that's just me

·
Registered
978 Posts
Vince McMcMannequin and Stephanie, for the most part, have successfully turned wrestlers into "superstars". William Regal is NOT a superstar in terms of wrestling popularity, but I guess every performer in the company is considered it, so that must mean John Cena and Randy Orton are Superdupermegastars.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts