Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Wrestling Observer is reporting that Eric Bischoff was described as being upset at the media coverage of the final rating for last week's 10/14 edition of TNA Impact. As reported earlier, while the show drew one of its highest ratings since earlier this year in January, quarter hours told a different story and showed a steep decline until the end of the show. We noted yesterday in our weekly TV ratings report that there was some good news and bad news with the rating.

The good news was that factoring in DVR viewership, it showed an 11% increase and took the total viewing audience to 2.1 million viewers. The bad news was that by the end of the show, 25% of the audience tuning in at the beginning had already tuned out and never came back. Apparently someone in TNA had informed Dixie Carter that while the rating was high, things didn't look good with the quarter hours at all. This upset Bischoff who felt the show was a huge success no matter what the ratings said as they set up six months worth of angles.

One TNA source added, "Don't you love it how Eric Bischoff says he has nothing to do with creative when numbers are down or the show sucks, but is the first one to congratulate himself on twitter/facebook when Impact or Reaction does a good number? He's not going anywhere, but Dixie is on to him and enough people have complained that he has lost a lot of his clout."
Yeah Bischoff is the most responsible for the bad that happens in TNA.

·
Registered
11,567 Posts
A lot of wrestlers support the Observer including Foley and Ric Flair. So am not doubting their sources. It's probably true.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Dixie Carter is responsible for TNA being a pile of crap not Bischoff.
This is true. After all, she's responsible for hiring Bischoff in the first place. :p (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

·
Premium Member
27,697 Posts
A lot of wrestlers support the Observer including Foley and Ric Flair. So am not doubting their sources. It's probably true.
This.

Bischoff has always been the kind of guy that distances himself when there is failure, but is the first applaud himself when there is success. This isn't nothing new.

The Sheikuation™;8973115 said:
So what the fuck exactly is the point of this report?
Bischoff slander.

·
Banned
6,893 Posts
So what the fuck exactly is the point of this report?
Essentially, Meltzer has never liked Bischoff because Bischoff is one of the few in the business to call Meltzer out on his endless stream of bullshit. So Meltzer likes to run down Bischoff at every opportunity he gets, no matter how minor the provocation, because he knows the mindless sheep who hang on his every word will climb aboard the bandwagon.

So essentially, this is just another case of Meltzer needing to get the fuck over himself and jump down off that high horse he rode in on.

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
I don't think it's fair to blame either Hogan or Bischoff for the poor ratings to be honest here because they were only brought into the company to be nothing more then observers.

The soul blame here should go to both Dixie Carter.

·
Damn Fine Cup of Coffee
12,954 Posts
"Don't you love it how Eric Bischoff says he has nothing to do with creative when numbers are down or the show sucks, but is the first one to congratulate himself on twitter/facebook when Impact or Reaction does a good number?"

VINTAGE BITCHOFF!!!!

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
"Don't you love it how Eric Bischoff says he has nothing to do with creative when numbers are down or the show sucks, but is the first one to congratulate himself on twitter/facebook when Impact or Reaction does a good number?"

VINTAGE BITCHOFF!!!!
Maybe it is vintage Bischoff but look what he and Hogan have to work with here? TNA at it's core is nothing more then a gloried Indy fed with a TV deal period.

How's Bischoff supposed to build the company up with the rescission that's going on in America today? Hell even McMahon's suffering under it as well.

·
Registered
55 Posts
the prediction by wrestling observer for bound for glory was totally wrong, and i never read a report from them that was positive for tna, no matter what they do they write always with a negative undertone, you can clearly see they have personal issues, but its not them to fault or any wrestling site, what it the people who like sheep need to be told whats good and whats not, they need those websites to give their ok to watch any product, cause they dont have an own opinion, i watch both wwe and tna, i watched both wcw and wwe, at first i am a wrestling fan, than i like certain wrestler, no matter where they are, and the storylines, i dont care about vince or dixie, I CARE FOR MYSELF, i watch what entertains me,not what entertains meltzer...people make your own opinion, dont be a soldier of vince or dixie watch what entertains you or shut up a use your time with something you like,cause you dont do demage to tna or wwe all you do is you destroy yourselves with the anger.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Does anyone have a link to the quarter hour ratings?

I'd like to take a look and see why Easy-E's "correct" response to a 1.4 rating should have been to huddle in a corner and cry.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Bischoff is involved in creative, just in a small way. He looks at Russo's scripts, makes some notes on a few things and when they're good for him, they get approved.

Of course he's not going anywhere right now, but he'll be out the door sometime in 2011 along with Hogan. The problem is that Dixie Carter is hiding the fact that bringing those two guys have mostly failed to make an impact in TNA because of the various problems TNA has right now, not to mention that she can't even get a replacement person to help the company because of her control freak nature. Praising an overall 1.3 rating? They got a few consistent ones in 2009 when Jeff Jarrett and Dutch Mantell were booking.

Complaining over falling ratings? I'm sure Russo booked an awful Shore segment involving someone from Jersey Shore where nobody gave a shit about, even the cast members hated it and I doubt it's because they've been told to, they got the same shit at BFG.

Bischoff right now is fucking useless and is only around to be the on-air man and so his silly shows can get on Spike. A good reason why TNA's creative has been awful in terms of utilising talent and the storylines is because he's approving them and he's talked to Russo on what things should be. Why would 2010 be completely opposite compared to 2009?

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
bisch is just purely a dick. he always makes excuses, nobody in tna knows how to take responsibility for anything. they need to grow the fuck up.

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
Presentation is everything. The aesthetic changes to the product will prove to be a great long-term investment. Eric deserves credit for it. TNA is starting to look like a big company. Give it time, ratings will come.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Same old shit here.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts