Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
101 - 120 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Completely pointless but not a big deal either, getting anti-PC people mad is like 90% of the reason they do shit like this at this point

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Completely pointless but not a big deal either, getting anti-PC people mad is like 90% of the reason they do shit like this at this point
Nah, you have to be self-aware for that. They do this stuff because they actually believe this stuff.

·
Registered
119 Posts
If they really felt this was necessary, they should've gone with:
WWE Mens NXT Champion
WWE Womens NXT Champion

In other words, add Mens instead of removing Womens.

·
Registered
961 Posts
tbh, I don't see what the problem is. I always thought it weird that they had to specify it's the women's title. They don't specify it's the men's.

It's pretty obvious what title it is unless it's a man fighting a woman (which isn't going to happen in WWE). They don't specify in other sports. If you're the champion, you're the champion.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Im a fan of Becky and I think she is great but its kinda funny how she backtracks on the first thing she said.

On Backstage she said "We have to remove the word "Womens" from womens division."

Yet, she says here she wasnt saying remane the womens divison.

So which is it? Do you want to rename the "womens division" or not?

·
I'm the world's greatest superhero. I can do whate
20,354 Posts
Eh, not that it matters really, but it looks cooler without the "women's" label. It's not like you need it anyways, since you can easily tell the men from the women.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
I like womens wrestling, but no way in hell would I ever want to see 10 womens matches. Time for her to stop taking it too far here.

The women are getting as much "equal opportunity" as they are going to get, so they should just eat what's served on their plate. There is always going to be more male matches simply because there are more male wrestlers working the company than females. If they would have given the females their own show by now (you could have used the WWE Main Event time slot for a full-fledged womens wrestling show, nobody cares about WWE Main Event and it should be killed off and changed anyway), you wouldn't be hearing this so much.

But it's kind of BS that the ladies think they aren't getting enough time on TV anyway, with exception of NXT which has a boatload of women that hardly get a TV spot.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Surprised Ladyballs herself hasn’t started piping up taking credit for this (unless she does it on Raw, with it being Mania build up). Not really a coincidence they started this on the show her Hubby looks after. I’m also not really sure what the point was, it’ll be forgotten about within a few days to weeks as with everything just like name changes when they sign up talent.

·
Registered
278 Posts
If it's just called nxt championship then what's the differentiation from the men's championship to stop a guy from competing for it?

It would be like taking the cruiserweight/lightweight name out of a championship belt which is meant for only a certain weight class to able to compete for.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
If it's just called nxt championship then what's the differentiation from the men's championship to stop a guy from competing for it?

It would be like taking the cruiserweight/lightweight name out of a championship belt which is meant for only a certain weight class to able to compete for.
Heh, let's see that....

They want to start something, they want "equal opportunity", okay, let's let Dijakovic or Cameron Grimes challenge Rhea in February.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
People do realize UFC has done this already? Their champions are introduced in the octagon as "UFC featherweight champion" or "UFC strawweight champion" and not "UFC women's featherweight champion". And that's a legitimate sport so the claims that no real sport does this is false.

I agree with the decision and don't see the fuss or confusion over it, but as always with WWE the timing of the decision is suspect. They could have done this a long time ago if they wanted to remove gender exclusivity, but they did it in a week where Impact gave a woman the world title, AEW had their first intergender match, and Becky made a statement on it on national TV on a show controlled and produced by FOX. Even when a decision they make is the right call, it always come off as reactionary and WWE doing something in response to something someone else did and them wanting to take some of the spotlight for themselves.

·
Premium Member
4,070 Posts
Get woke, Go broke.

NXT may nosedive because of this pandering.

Hopefully they learn their lesson and never listen to Becky again.

·
Southern Pride
2,906 Posts
It wasn't too big of a deal to even change it in the first place. It's still the Women's NXT Championship though because thats who competes for it.

I get the point that Becky is making and thats totally understandable but as much effort as she wants to make for women to have as many matches, that ultimately depends on the women themselves and how well all of them are used. Which means more than a handful.

I wonder if Tessa Blanchard winning the Impact World Championship has inspired this name change by the way.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
People do realize UFC has done this already? Their champions are introduced in the octagon as "UFC featherweight champion" or "UFC strawweight champion" and not "UFC women's featherweight champion". And that's a legitimate sport so the claims that no real sport does this is false.

I agree with the decision and don't see the fuss or confusion over it, but as always with WWE the timing of the decision is suspect. They could have done this a long time ago if they wanted to remove gender exclusivity, but they did it in a week where Impact gave a woman the world title, AEW had their first intergender match, and Becky made a statement on it on national TV on a show controlled and produced by FOX. Even when a decision they make is the right call, it always come off as reactionary and WWE doing something in response to something someone else did and them wanting to take some of the spotlight for themselves.
It most certainly is reactionary, and the difference is WWE is doing it to tell us "we don't have to refer to the name of the belt as a ladies belt" even though it obviously is "because we feel calling it a woman's belt is lowering it's value to a patriarchal, male dominant sports entertainment", or else there wasn't anything wrong, all this time, with having 'women's' titled on that belt until someone in the office got a stick up their ass about it.

UFC in comparison doesn't do it for that reason, they just never did it in the first place. Without having to say it, anybody watching UFC already realizes one is the men's belt, the other's the women's belt. And yes, of course we can still use that for NXT, but that doesn't change the attempt at reactionary political sexism here hovering over it.

Some of you on the forum can hand me the "not everything is a conspiracy" line now. Sure, but not everything isn't either.

101 - 120 of 120 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.