Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
9,152 Posts
No way. I feel like that guy is just getting his legs finally if they would only place him in a worthwhile story. He would be great hovering around the IC picture.

Plus, he gets to be closer to Alexa and moving him back to a place where he struggled for so long would keep them apart.
They split up a while ago. Hence why they were separated in the brand split

·
Registered
458 Posts
Man, Owens losing to Shane on the debut of Fox Smackdown would send so many wrong messages, it stupid enough that the WWE might just do it. LOL
Agree fully. If as reported is true that FOX wants a more sports centric product for Smackdown then KO losing to Shane McMahon is going to be a instant turn off for many fans that will just shrug and say "same old crap" and lose interest early.

Ousting Shane McMahon from TV would be a gesture of good will that would increase fans confidence somewhat in the Smackdown product. Also KO is too good for NXT , he can work, he has natural wit and promo ability whereas Balor only has the in ring side of the act down.

However as you said this is WWE the land that common sense often forgets and where nepotism is the rule so I never get my hopes up too high with WWE because they do have a perverse habit of going out of their way to piss off and alienate their fans like no other form of entertainment I have seen.

·
Registered
458 Posts
The ones I am thinking are

Cesaro. Shame because the man is a stud and should have been much better utilised over time but it is clear that they see no major plans for him as they have him taking the L most weeks and he does fit the style of NXT although I think he is far better than NXT personally.

The Riott Squad all 3 members, they will never do nothing with them on the main and NXT need more female acts. I would trade the Riott Squad back to NXT and bring up Toni Storm and Rhea Ripley to the main.

Sami Zayn would be able to be the talented heel that is showcased on NXT and the main has never quite fitted for Sami. He has more to offer than being Nakamura's mouthpiece.

I do not agree that Asuka should be sent back, she is a star even if WWE do not always present her as such and plus she paid her dues in NXT for a long time, it is not fresh, she needs to be in the women's title picture of the new drafted RAW or Smackdown.
I see Buddy Murphy mentioned, again like Asuka Murphy is a special kind of talent that has outgrown crowds of 400. Murphy is the kryptonite to combat Kenny Omega's work on AEW if they let him go all out.
Apollo Crews is another guy that I feel should stay on the main, he looks great,is naturally likeable and is pure power meets good wrestling, he is not a spot fest worker either. Bring out his personality and let him work meaningful matches and he will open a lot of eyes on a sports centric Smackdown.

·
Premium Member
44,224 Posts
If John Cena shows up on NXT, I'll know they've gone too far.

·
Registered
610 Posts
So long as the contracts are not amended this could be really beneficial to the talent involved. Think about it , far removed from the micro managed main roster, tons more freedom in terms of what you can do , Hunter is far more a people person than Vince and to add to it your on a main roster contract on a less strenuous NXT schedule when you shape it in that way ... I anticipate tons of main roster talent wanting to make that jump

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
11,212 Posts
I really hope they don't send Aleister Black back down to NXT. And Asuka is needed on RAW to be a top woman with Sasha. Asuka and Black should both be on RAW as main event stars.

·
Premium Member
4,082 Posts
Looks like RAW and NXT will continue their wildcard while Smackdown would be its own ship. :lmao
It's sad that the main roster is going to be gutted for NXT's sake. So I guess it's now the 3rd brand..just like how they did WWECW before but I do hope they've learned their lesson and make it work this time around.

·
Registered
680 Posts
It is a pretty safe bet that more main roster talent will join NXT. I wasn't at all surprised to see Balor rejoin. He and KO were the key talent when NXT was at its hottest. I wouldn't be surprised to see KO back and trying to get that dynamic back again. Not easy though.

Wholesale return of NXT talent would not look good. It would look like a bunch of failures coming back to repeat a year

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I've had a feeling about Ember Moon doing this since Tyler Breeze moved back to NXT.

·
Registered
229 Posts
EC3, Asuka, Kairi and Ember. Treat NXT as a 3rd brand. A returning John Morrison on NXT?

Io vs Kairi
Asuka vs Ember

Move Shayna to RAW/Smackdown.

·
Registered
15,835 Posts
Anyone but Asuka... we don’t need two division killers on the same roster.

·
My mom thinks I'm cool.
2,116 Posts
I doubt they'd send anyone there who only just got called up this year.

I wouldn't mind seeing Ruby return and reuniting with Dakota and Tegan.

·
Waiting for Kawato
1,047 Posts
Would give a lung to see Asuka, Io and Kairi all on NXT together.

Would give maybe half the other lung to see Sami get back over there too.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
I think if they send back to. NXT but they still have the main roster contract (read: salary) then performer like Asuka will be happy to take it, anyone try to be realistic with the situation, NXT have less live event schedule more than main roster.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts