Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
The Torch reports that Keller has info that 2-3 more main roster talents will be onboard soon. Oh boy,....who could it be?
My first thought is that Finn Balor’s ability to outearn his guarantee just evaporated. House shows and merch are the two accelerators in a WWE contract, and NXT house shows are limited and run in small venues. I get bad for him.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
11,312 Posts
I can see any of these main-roster names moving to NXT soon:

- Aleister Black
- Asuka
- Cesaro
- EC3
- Kairi Sane
- Sami Zayn
- Samoa Joe
- Shinsuke Nakamura

·
I know I'm dope, but don't wet that.
12,390 Posts
Asuka, EC3, Ember Moon, Liv Morgan, Sara logan Ruby Riott will all probably be returning back to NXT.

·
Registered
466 Posts
If they want to tighten their grip the should spread some main roster stars to NXT UK too. They have so much talent across the board they could easily let the likes of Cesaro and Sheamus or other midcard players go to NXT UK which would not only get more eyes on the show but probably legitimize the brand further.

In terms of current Raw/Smackdown stars to NXT no-one needs it more than the Ascension and EC3. They have been off tv long enough a repackage might work for them in NXT. Wouldn't rule out Finn bringing Gallows and Anderson depending how the draft ends up with AJ.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
I definitely think it's a step down in world wide exposure. It's seen as demotion and in the eyes of non NXT fans, as a failure of said persons main roster run. Sure the talent will be paid the same and will probably have better matches, but they probably get hit on merch sales and will be seen by more a cult following.

I'm surprised Balor took the step down, something must be up there for him to take a step down to a smaller audience.

If I had to chose names that would probably do a year in NXT to help that brand.

Ali- Not doing much right now. Be a good babyface for NXT and can have great matches and would get more screentime with NXT.

Andrade- A talented lad but someone who's stuck in limbo on the main roster, maybe a year or so away and a run in NXT might help him.

Asuka- She's someone who's probably sadly reached her heights with WWE. If she's happy with her lot, and getting paid the same money she does on the main roster. HHH is clearly her main supporter. She could be a good addition in NXT.

Buddy Murphy- A heel run in NXT and maybe as a champ could be good for this talented performer.

Cesaro- A bit like Asuka, probably reached his heights in WWE. If he's happy with his lot and getting paid the same as he would on the main roster. He probably have a better chance for success on NXT.

Ember Moon- She's someone who's got a ceiling in WWE, they won't ever push her to the top. Could be a good addition to the women's division in NXT.

Kairi Sane- It's clear her main roster run has been a flop. They don't rate her. She's someone who has never really felt like a big deal since she joined WWE. But at least NXT gave a shit about her, a feud with Io could be their female version of Gargano/Ciampa. NXT crowd loved her. I think she's someone who as long as you give her a main roster wage who happily do NXT.

Sami Zayn- Someone who just feels there on the main roster. Could do with a run in NXT. You know he have great matches.

Samoa Joe- a bit like Sami Zayn.

Kevin Owens- he wouldn't be a massive loss to main roster as besides the Shane feud, he's barely ever used.

If I was a betting man out of the names I mentioned who I could see taking a step down, i put in bold.

I think Owens would seem as a big coup for NXT. Asuka is just at that point for me personally that her career in WWE is on the wind down. Samoa Joe feels like he's on the last leg of his career. Cesaro is never going to get above mid card on the main roster, would be better suited for NXT. I think those names could perk up some interest for NXT.

·
Baby Yoda
30,041 Posts
Primo and Epico about to be moved to NXT!

In all seriousness, WWEs roster situation is a complete mess.

RAW and Smackdown have talent that they hardly use but it's not like NXT is lacking in talent also. So if they move wrestlers to NXT, then those who have been in NXT already for awhile may not be given time on TV for a long time.

The talent that they are probably willing to move to NXT most likely wont move the needle. I feel like i'm being negative but it's true.
NXT aren't winning this war unless AEW wins it for them or if they just load up with their legends and actual draws which is not sustainable.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Buddy Murphy
No way. I feel like that guy is just getting his legs finally if they would only place him in a worthwhile story. He would be great hovering around the IC picture.

Plus, he gets to be closer to Alexa and moving him back to a place where he struggled for so long would keep them apart.

·
Asuka
96,569 Posts
I hope it isn't Joe or Asuka, with SD getting all the stars it's going to open up opportunities on Raw.
Realistically, they have zero chance anyway, but this will be a huge slap in the face to them.

I kind of expect Asuka, Bray, Owens and Joe to all go to NXT, just to completely make me want to kill myself.

Keep Asuka away from NXT. Far away. I don't want her re-signing with WWE because she's content with her booking on NXT. Go to AEW. As terrible as that alternative is, it's so much better than any other one we have right now. This show is not worth limiting the amount of time she can make YouTube videos.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
No way. I feel like that guy is just getting his legs finally if they would only place him in a worthwhile story. He would be great hovering around the IC picture.

Plus, he gets to be closer to Alexa and moving him back to a place where he struggled for so long would keep them apart.
Didn't they split a while ago though.I think he would be better on NXT show as a top heel and would be used to his strengths a lot better. I just don't see him been used that well on the main roster.Just my opinion.

·
Marking for The Boss and The Queen
3,965 Posts

They broke up a year ago.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
They broke up a year ago.
Noted. I was not paying attention.

I think he would be better on NXT show as a top heel and would be used to his strengths a lot better. I just don't see him been used that well on the main roster.Just my opinion.
If he feuded with Nakamura for instance or they set up just 3 or 4 guys who could wrestle for no. 1 contendership that would be something for Murphy to do. I wouldn't want them to take too many smaller guys off SD either.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
2 to 3 main roster talents. Crap, honestly there are too many to pick from to even guess. Any of those guys chasing R-Truth around are fair game. Cesaro possibly. Nak or Zyan. A decent portion of the ladies.

Crap.. it actually kinda makes me sad to realize how many people the main roster has that they are just doing nothing with...

·
Baby Yoda
30,041 Posts
Can the main roster afford to lose more guys?

Raw is going to look paper thin in the mid, upper and main event scene if reports are true.

21 - 40 of 64 Posts