Wrestling Forum banner
121 - 128 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
First program needs to be against a legit, smaller star. Like an AJ or KO. Someone that will bump for him like Fin did. He can go over and be made to look like a big deal before you toss him in front of a Drew or Sheamus or Bobby.

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,965 Posts
First program needs to be against a legit, smaller star. Like an AJ or KO. Someone that will bump for him like Fin did. He can go over and be made to look like a big deal before you toss him in front of a Drew or Sheamus or Bobby.

The only problem with that is that he can toss a title guy around and look like a big deal and some kind of destroyer but once he lines up across the ring from someone bigger(and unless that bigger or similarly sized guy is expendable enough to also bump like a crazy person for him(you aren't going to find that in a Bobby or Drew and likely not Sheamus either)) than him that destroyer vibe instantly disappears.

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
The only problem with that is that he can toss a title guy around and look like a big deal and some kind of destroyer but once he lines up across the ring from someone bigger(and unless that bigger or similarly sized guy is expendable enough to also bump like a crazy person for him(you aren't going to find that in a Bobby or Drew and likely not Sheamus either)) than him that destroyer vibe instantly disappears.
He's not going to be a destroyer on the main roster. It's not possible with the size of the guys. Drew isn't booker like that and neither is Bobby. He just needs to be respectable as a tough guy. He's going to look like a million bucks across from anyone if he keeps his entrance vibe and Scarlett with him. He's just an impressive looking guy and anyone that says otherwise is just being intentionally obtuse.

·
Registered
5,965 Posts
He's not going to be a destroyer on the main roster. It's not possible with the size of the guys. Drew isn't booker like that and neither is Bobby. He just needs to be respectable as a tough guy. He's going to look like a million bucks across from anyone if he keeps his entrance vibe and Scarlett with him. He's just an impressive looking guy and anyone that says otherwise is just being intentionally obtuse.

That's a lot of things he needs to look good besides himself though which is the issue at hand by a wide margin. No is saying he isn't impressive looking but even standing across from Shelton Benjamin he didn't look special without his various accoutrements. Shelton is a low card guy/borderline enhancement talent and looks just as imposing/impressive as Kross and that's not a good sign for Kross. I maintain that if any wrestler NEEDS that many things to be a star or come across like a star it isn't a good sign. Look at the guys who were the biggest stars, Hogan, Rock, Austin, Lesnar, Cena, (Even Undertaker was over as fuck before they leaned into the supernatural stuff and his run as ABA/Big Evil proved that he was just as over without it as he was with it) there is very little in the way of smoke and mirrors involved. At the heart of it they are all just dudes with basic entrances and boatloads of charisma. If Kross isn't a star without Scarlett and the gimmick and the entrance he isn't a a star. I'm not even saying that he needs them but this idea that people have that he can only be a star if all these things are in place is highly alarming.

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
That's a lot of things he needs to look good besides himself though which is the issue at hand by a wide margin. No is saying he isn't impressive looking but even standing across from Shelton Benjamin he didn't look special without his various accoutrements. Shelton is a low card guy/borderline enhancement talent and looks just as imposing/impressive as Kross and that's not a good sign for Kross. I maintain that if any wrestler NEEDS that many things to be a star or come across like a star it isn't a good sign. Look at the guys who were the biggest stars, Hogan, Rock, Austin, Lesnar, Cena, (Even Undertaker was over as fuck before they leaned into the supernatural stuff and his run as ABA/Big Evil proved that he was just as over without it as he was with it) there is very little in the way of smoke and mirrors involved. At the heart of it they are all just dudes with basic entrances and boatloads of charisma. If Kross isn't a star without Scarlett and the gimmick and the entrance he isn't a a star. I'm not even saying that he needs them but this idea that people have that he can only be a star if all these things are in place is highly alarming.
I see what you're saying but let's be honest, besides Roman, there is no one like that right now. And we have no idea how crowds are going to react to most of these guys.

·
Registered
5,965 Posts
I see what you're saying but let's be honest, besides Roman, there is no one like that right now. And we have no idea how crowds are going to react to most of these guys.

Like what? big dudes with muscles? At least a half dozen and that's just factoring in the midcard and higher guys.

I'm honestly curious as to what people see in Kross that makes him such a "can't miss star" especially when so many people are worried about his prospects if he doesn't have his gimmick, entrance, and girl on the main roster. If that train of thought doesn't raise at least a minor alarm for you then you are the one who is being deliberately obtuse.

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
I'm curious as to what people see in Kross that makes him such a can't miss big star especially when everyone is so worried about his prospects if he doesn't have his gimmick, entrance and girl on the main roster.

If that train of thought doesn't raise at least a minor alarm for you then you are the one who is being deliberately obtuse.
I don't think it's as big a deal as you're making it to include the valet and the entrance. Maybe after a good year or two he will be able to ditch Scarlett and be fine. It's not crazy to expect the guy to keep the package we like from NXT. Why see that, be impressed by it, realize it has big potential on main, and then be like "Well let's see how he does without that presentation". For what reason? Makes no sense. If those minor details adds to his overall package, keep them.

And I don't think there is such a thing as a can't miss star anymore. Not sure anyone is saying he's a can't miss. Big potential? Absolutely. Can't miss? No

·
Registered
5,965 Posts
I don't think it's as big a deal as you're making it to include the valet and the entrance. Maybe after a good year or two he will be able to ditch Scarlett and be fine. It's not crazy to expect the guy to keep the package we like from NXT. Why see that, be impressed by it, realize it has big potential on main, and then be like "Well let's see how he does without that presentation". For what reason? Makes no sense. If those minor details adds to his overall package, keep them.

And I don't think there is such a thing as a can't miss star anymore. Not sure anyone is saying he's a can't miss. Big potential? Absolutely. Can't miss? No

You always need to see if it's the gimmick or the performer that is over. It's a matter of figuring out what the ceiling is the performer is.

Even with the same gimmick the presentation will change because he's no longer the biggest guy in the fight on the main roster. He isn't going to look like a beast next to Reigns or Lashley or if/when he returns Lesnar(also guys like Drew, Sheamus, Orton etc) that's a significant portion of his uniqueness that is lost even if he does get to bring his NXT act to Raw/SD.

121 - 128 of 128 Posts