Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Current Impact Wrestling star Alberto El Patron (aka Alberto Del Rio) was in Stamford, Connecticut last week at WWE Headquarters to film material for an upcoming WWE project involving Rey Mysterio according to a report by PWInsider.com.

Patron also reportedly had a meeting with Vince McMahon according to Mike Johnson. McMahon is said to be still high on Patron and would like him back with the company despite Patron requesting his release in September of 2016, his second run with WWE.

He remains under contract with Impact Wrestling, with his current deal expiring next month. Patron has reportedly been in negotiations with Anthem about renewing, but news of him meeting with McMahon makes the next few weeks even more interesting.

Patron is scheduled for Impact’s Redemption PPV on April 22 in Orlando.

·
Premium Member
17,160 Posts
GTFO :lmao the way dirtsheets and rumors start cracks me up :lmao

fine. bring him back if it really helps reach your Mexican demographic. Just don't bring him back like it's a big surprise which people will care about, unless he answers Reigns open Universal challenge and wins :lmao

But, if this gets us Ricardo Rodriguez then I'd be very happy.

·
Intoner
6,589 Posts
1 - yesterday there waspwinsider report that Eli and Patron signed new Impact Deals

2 - I personally dont want him in Impact

3 - I do anknowledge his starpower and talent, so I dont mind if he stays or leaves tbh

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
I really hope he does not sign with impact. Every match i see him in u can tel he is not happy. He has no passion to be in impact

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
Probably won't lead to anything; but fair play w/the timing to speculate something. Never put it past anyone to return in wrestling.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I did not expect Alberto to go back to WWE. Both sides don't seem to like each other. Not sure whether or not we will see him go back, but I don't think he's going to be sticking around Impact. If history is any evidence of what to except, well, you know. I'm a fan of ADR as a performer, but after the last year or so, I don't like him as a person. *Waits for gremlins.*

·
Registered
10,161 Posts
I've liked Del Rio since his debut, he never bored me and I always enjoyed watching him. I'd love it if he came back to WWE and became a main eventer again.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Great news for Impact & LU fans.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Maybe if he goes back he and Paige will get back together and WWE will exploit their rekindled relationship to make a reality TV show

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
The reason he looks so depressed is because he's not high on cocaine right now. He;s only happy when he's coked out of his mind starting fights with random people at airports.

Reactions: They Call Him Y2J

·
Smokin' Da Good Stuff
2,770 Posts
I always had my personal suspicions that he was high on drugs as his pupil size was very suspicious
He has done nothing but bitch and moan since being in IMPACT he's on a high wage contract, maybe they could give lashley, moose, Eli and the developing talent a bit more as they offer the company a better return on there money....

As for him going bk to wwe , well that's a good bit of speculation and I personally doubt if he is using drugs he will get to go back unless Vince has stipulated him going in the wellness program first, then if the rumors are true about Paige and when they acknowledge she can't perform in Ring and providing adr can stay clean , then the wwe creative and management behind the scenes might give them there own tv show as Paige is adored by Vince and wrestling fans and it might work.

He has a talent so why would he waste it , baffles me, he has public platform that most would love to have And to let it go to waste is such a big F.U. to all the fans who pay there hard earned money to watch a product that is transition and could use his talent to help it at the moment and build a successful foundation for future development in ring performers to build on

To me it seems ex wwe "Stars" and I say that with trepidation just flounder in IMPACT with a few working hard and the rest just picking up there paycheck and living on there reputation, well that's a great way to inspire future generations ,

Sorry for the rambling peeps
Have a good day

Carter✌✌✌✌✅???

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
He has two values for Impact: he is the only recent former world champ from WWE that is on the market, and he is one of the biggest Latino stars out there.

Patron is more valuable to Impact expanding their demographics and landing a better network than anyone not named John Cena.

·
HEADBANGA
22,515 Posts
They are still lacking in a bonafide Latina star and he's the only one worth grabbing other than Rey at the moment. I'd rather they just wait and make Cien Almas their top Latin star than use Alboreto for the third time.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Why would Vince want him back after what he said about WWE and HHH. Triple H won't be happy if he returns. Alberto stated he was so "miserable" during his last WWE run and couldn't leave fast enough.

Most of all how will Paige feel if he does return. Putting them on separate shows away from each other.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts