Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
HHH stays off TV and does nothing but put people over and give to the business when he's involved.

Haters gonna jump on him whenever possible tho. :hunter

·
Banned
14,424 Posts
Bingo.

I completely forgot about that, but yeah, there is no reason in hell Goldberg would want to even be in a segment with Triple H after all that shit.
There's a history there. Goldberg hated him since the days of the MNW, when they were at some kind of event or signing or something together and shit got heated. And I mean, HHH generally has a huge dislike for anyone in the wrestling business who is a bigger star than him. So it's not surprising the way Goldberg's feud with him went, which further added to that bad blood.

I'm pretty sure he came back to WWE because of A) Money and B) Brock campaigned for it, since they're friends. I think the last thing in the world he wanted to do coming back was work HHH again.

·
Baby Yoda
29,753 Posts
There's a history there. Goldberg hated him since the days of the MNW, when they were at some kind of event or signing or something together and shit got heated. And I mean, HHH generally has a huge dislike for anyone in the wrestling business who is a bigger star than him. So it's not surprising the way Goldberg's feud with him went, which further added to that bad blood.

I'm pretty sure he came back to WWE because of A) Money and B) Brock campaigned for it, since they're friends. I think the last thing in the world he wanted to do coming back was work HHH again.
It's that obvious, isn't it?

Hunter is so desperate to get to that next level, but he never will. You either have it or you don't, no amount of kayfabe accomplishments can make up for the lack of 'it'.

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
52,225 Posts
And re: Goldberg, he really should've went out with the SS match. He squashed Lesnar in less than 2 minutes, which is what made Goldberg famous back in the day, squashing everyone on Nitro in a few minutes. He got cheered in a city where not everyone was sure if he would get cheered there or not in part due to his history in Toronto (they've booed him in the past) and his history with ending Bret Hart's career. But he actually does get cheered there. Everyone went nuts. Everyone loved it. Even the 'smarks' approved of it. Everyone's happy. Vince is happy. WWE is happy. Brock is even cool with it. So, what happens next...?

Of course, Goldberg's going to come back and get exposed just like everyone else. :lmao Unbelievable. Instead of leaving on an unbelievably high note, there is now a good chance he will get exposed either on the mic or in the ring...or both and leave on a less than high note. WWE, and apparently Goldberg himself, just can't help themselves. If something goes well once, they then have to over-expose the shit out of it. This happens all of the time with this company these days. They never learn their lesson...ever.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #51

What happened?

·
Baby It's Violence
7,121 Posts

And really, if they asked him to work with HHH, he could just say no and leave. The contract he's on is appearance based right now, so if Vince wants him on a show or to work a match, he's being paid per each one. It's not like he's "required" in any sense of the word to work a certain date, especially against a dude who he probably despises.

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,989 Posts
I don't believe this... at all. Not only is Seth/HHH in the pipeline but so is Goldberg/Brock III, where exactly do they think that was going to take place, Fastlane? This is clickbait to get marks riled up and to get you to listen to some 3 hour podcast, filled with ads, where they end up "discussing" this "rumor" and it amounts to 40 seconds where they basically go "at one point it was considered in a brainstorming session".

·
Baby It's Violence
7,121 Posts
And re: Goldberg, he really should've went out with the SS match. He squashed Lesnar in less than 2 minutes, which is what made Goldberg famous back in the day, squashing everyone on Nitro in a few minutes. He got cheered in a city where not everyone was sure if he would get cheered there or not in part due to his history in Toronto (they've booed him in the past) and his history with ending Bret Hart's career. But he actually does get cheered there. Everyone went nuts. Everyone loved it. Even the 'smarks' approved of it. Everyone's happy. Vince is happy. WWE is happy. Brock is even cool with it. So, what happens next...?

Of course, Goldberg's going to come back and get exposed just like everyone else. :lmao Unbelievable. Instead of leaving on an unbelievably high note, there is now a good chance he will get exposed either on the mic or in the ring...or both and leave on a less than high note. WWE, and apparently Goldberg himself, just can't help themselves. If something goes well once, they then have to over-expose the shit out of it. This happens all of the time with this company these days. They never learn their lesson...ever.
I get what you're saying and on other instances I agree, but I think there's differences here.

Goldberg was booked perfectly from the moment he stepped back into the ring for the first time in 12 years. His promos felt real, as did his character. He wasn't just Goldberg the physical specimen who could destroy anything in his path, rather he was that and the father fighting to be the hero to everybody, especially his wife and son. But every promo felt special, and every appearance was used exactly how it should be.

So, with Goldberg still remaining insanely hot as one of the few true beloved babyfaces on the roster, I don't see why they could extend it a little bit. I can't see them ruining him much if at all, the dude is working on a per appearance basis, and he's feuding with perhaps the most expensive dude on the roster in Brock Lesnar. There is no way they're doing anything less than making both of them happy in order to get them to continue that feud into Mania season, and if they even thought of trying to script both of them like everybody else, they're stupid.

They know what's worked so far, and hell from what I've heard Brock himself requested that squash to extend their program. If they let Lesnar himself have that big a say, I'm sure there won't be many issues of WWE's creative mucking this up with their greasy hands.

·
Banned
14,424 Posts
And really, if they asked him to work with HHH, he could just say no and leave. The contract he's on is appearance based right now, so if Vince wants him on a show or to work a match, he's being paid per each one. It's not like he's "required" in any sense of the word to work a certain date, especially against a dude who he probably despises.
Yeah, not at all. If he's SQUASHING him in like 1:30 like he did to Brock, maybe he would do it. But if they want a competitive match, or HHH going over, I don't think any dollar amount in the world would make Goldberg say yes based off of his issues.

What happened?
I'd have to get back on you on that with an actual report, because I'm just going off of memory, but it happened back in the late 90s I want to say. Basically the gist of what I said: Goldberg/HHH were at the same event, and they got into a verbal altercation or something.

·
Baby Yoda
29,753 Posts
I don't believe this... at all. Not only is Seth/HHH in the pipeline but so is Goldberg/Brock III, where exactly do they think that was going to take place, Fastlane? This is clickbait to get marks riled up and to get you to listen to some 3 hour podcast, filled with ads, where they end up "discussing" this "rumor" and it amounts to 40 seconds where they basically go "at one point it was considered in a brainstorming session".
Well, you can't really put it past HHH...

The feud with Rollins has lost so much heat and should have ideally been done last year.

A lot of what happened between the too has been long forgotten (Authority stooge and betrayal).

·
Registered
360 Posts
And people really think this will happen? :lol

It is OBVIOUS that the end goal with Goldberg is to have Roman beat him on a match. Goldberg goes over Brock because Brock is no longer fresh and hot and now you have a new unbeatable monster that has much more attention and people's interest and so you have Roman go over him to give him the "rub".

Anyone thinking it will go any other way hasn't been paying attention over the last two years.

·
52,225 Posts
I get what you're saying and on other instances I agree, but I think there's differences here.

Goldberg was booked perfectly from the moment he stepped back into the ring for the first time in 12 years. His promos felt real, as did his character. He wasn't just Goldberg the physical specimen who could destroy anything in his path, rather he was that and the father fighting to be the hero to everybody, especially his wife and son. But every promo felt special, and every appearance was used exactly how it should be.

So, with Goldberg still remaining insanely hot as one of the few true beloved babyfaces on the roster, I don't see why they could extend it a little bit. I can't see them ruining him much if at all, the dude is working on a per appearance basis, and he's feuding with perhaps the most expensive dude on the roster in Brock Lesnar. There is no way they're doing anything less than making both of them happy in order to get them to continue that feud into Mania season, and if they even thought of trying to script both of them like everybody else, they're stupid.

They know what's worked so far, and hell from what I've heard Brock himself requested that squash to extend their program. If they let Lesnar himself have that big a say, I'm sure there won't be many issues of WWE's creative mucking this up with their greasy hands.
Hey, I hope you are right. But I won't 100% believe it until I see it. I've seen current day WWE blow way too many easy things that they shouldn't have blown. So, until I see it with my own two eyes, I won't be 100% sure. Plus, his match with Brock at WM will be alot longer than one minute and 26 seconds. I don't know if Goldberg has it in him to not get gassed if they have a regular match where both guys hit moves on another, both guys have to sell, both guys are bumping in a match where there is alot more than less than two minutes to fill in. We shall see.

·
52,225 Posts
100% the case. Goldberg/Brock is happening at WM. Everyone knows the history of Rollins/HHH, and they will have 2-3 months to rev up the heat for both programs. Both guys have well defined programs going into WM which you can't say for anyone else on the roster..

41 - 60 of 79 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.