Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past several weeks, WrestleZone has been exclusively updating the current backstage plans being talked about for The Undertaker at WrestleMania 27.

According to several sources within WWE, the question of how to book The Undertaker at WrestleMania 27 is still a major backstage discussion amongst the creative team.

From what we've been told, Vince McMahon wants something "very compelling" for The Undertaker at this year's big PPV, and as we previously reported he is apparently down on the idea of having The Undertaker face Kane as he doesn't think the bout will provide a very good return.

At this point, we have been told that John Cena is still a major candidate to face The Undertaker at 'Mania. As we exclusively reported prior to SummerSlam this year, Vince is open to creative pitches for Cena that call for him to turn heel, and we've even been told that should WWE make the decision to turn Cena that Vince wants him to be "the biggest heel the company has ever seen."

Be sure to continue checking back to WrestleZone often as this story remains a major point of discussion backstage in WWE and we will have the latest as it develops.
Source : http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/exclusive-undertakerwmania-cena-heel-turn-talks-continue-114849

Yes I know , if you're response is :

Wrestlezone :lmao
Beleive me , I know you're gonna say that anyway

Its not so much about "ZOMG GAIZ THIS STORY MUST BE 100% TRU!!!1!1one!!1eleven!!1!" but more so , heres a rumor on the table , lets discuss it.

My opinion on this rumor : It would be epic if Cena does end the streak , henceforth becoming the biggest heel in wrestling history. :agree: I personally find the streak quite annoying every year , and if anyone in the WWE is considered credible enough to end it , its Cena.

·
Registered
12,437 Posts
Well, Cena turning heel and ending the streak in a similar way Austin beat Rock at WM17 would probably be the best way to go about it if it had to happen [Cena turning heel and Undertaker losing the streak].

·
Childish Gambino Is #1
6,242 Posts
That's going to take some amazing booking and writing for him to become the best heel in history.
Maybe creative can actually pull something out.
Sorry to bring up "PG", but for the kids and people who really "believe" in Cena to hate him is going to take a lot.
Everyone will love it if it happens, simply because it's fresh.

And I would only be mad because Taker didn't make it to 20-0.
But that's me and I'm kind of obsessive like that (if it's something like this I need a multiple of 5 :D).
It would just feel weird to see 18-1. Haha.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's going to take some amazing booking and writing for him to become the best heel in history.
Sorry to bring up "PG", but for the kids and people who really "believe" in Cena to hate him is going to take a lot.

But that's me and I'm kind of obsessive like that (if it's something like this I need a multiple of 5 :D).
Idea to maintain 20 streak and have heel cena end streak for massive heat

Cena is already a full fleged heel going into WM , still a member of Nexus but 100% willing now he however is put in MITB for some reason

Cena wins MITB

Main event Sheamus Vs. Taker : Taker wins. 19-0

Miz tries to cash in MITB on Taker & fails. 20-0

Cena cashes in the MITB contract he just won like 30 minutes earlier , AND WINS! 20-1 streak ended the crowd goes nuts! :D

·
Banned
4,120 Posts

As a Patriots fan... Trust me, it takes a while to get used to. :cuss:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Undertaker would never agree to end his streak and even if he does,it wont be to Cena as he is already established.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Cena heel? Make it happen, Vince...

Btw, Taker's streak should stay.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts

Cena is already a full fleged heel going into WM , still a member of Nexus but 100% willing now he however is put in MITB for some reason

Cena wins MITB

Cena cashes in the MITB contract he just won like 30 minutes earlier , AND WINS! 20-1 streak ended the crowd goes nuts! :D
Have you even seen Wrestlemania 9?

It's laughable. People HATE face Cena but are already dickriding heel Cena, so far as to have him ending Undertakers streak, which is needless. The streak wouldn't go this far to end on a defeat, it would be a bad, bad, bad move. It would almost make the streak obsolete within itself.

Now Cena being turned into 'the biggest heel in WWE' has huge benefits for us older fans, but younger fans wont buy into it that way. I know it's cliched already, but he makes a lot of money for the kids, and there is nobody to replace him. HBK, HHH & Taker are on their way out all together, and someone like Orton just doesn't have the marketablity, (He's super over, but if he was to sell merchandice to the kids he'd need slogans, catchphrases, eyebrows, middle fingers, 206" pythons and a purple t-shirt.)

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
Have you even seen Wrestlemania 9?

It's laughable. People HATE face Cena but are already dickriding heel Cena, so far as to have him ending Undertakers streak, which is needless. The streak wouldn't go this far to end on a defeat, it would be a bad, bad, bad move. It would almost make the streak obsolete within itself.

Now Cena being turned into 'the biggest heel in WWE' has huge benefits for us older fans, but younger fans wont buy into it that way. I know it's cliched already, but he makes a lot of money for the kids, and there is nobody to replace him. HBK, HHH & Taker are on their way out all together, and someone like Orton just doesn't have the marketablity, (He's super over, but if he was to sell merchandice to the kids he'd need slogans, catchphrases, eyebrows, middle fingers, 206" pythons and a purple t-shirt.)
Orton has his.........insanity?

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts

Cena wins MITB

Nice idea but Miz's contract is only valid for the Raw title. They could have Taker win The Rumble and switch brands but it's a bit contrived and would be too obvious. They'd also need to de-push Cena for several months in order to justify him not being involved in a major match of his own at WM27, I can't see WWE being willing to spend the time necassary in order to acchieve that.

You've come up with a good BTB idea but I can't see it working in the real world.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
There's no way Cena will end the sreak, they taunt as the same way every sinlge year "Next Mania Taker will lose his streak for sure!"

Also, there's no way Cena could become the biggest Heel in Wrestling history.

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
Not until 28. There is not one single person left in the company who could follow up a Cena/Undertaker match if they pull the trigger on that for 27. There's no way Undertaker isn't going to shoot for at least a 20th Mania match.

·
Premium Member
43,668 Posts
Well if they want to turn Cena heel, they need a reason, and they've got a good one.

Ever since he became a top guy, there has always been large portions of the audience that HATE him. Here's a guy who goes out there, tries to play by the rules, be a role model, & be a good rep for the company, yet there are fans that want him to lose every single match & go away. Overtime, Cena gets bitter, and there's your reason for the turn.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
hasn't this already been posted like five times? this has to be at least the fifth "Undertaker streak/Cena heel turn" thread. all the dirt sheets are doing are reporting common fucking sense, why does it feel like news to anyone?

of course it's in the idea books, everyone's certainly THINKING about it. just like they are thinking about any other big match-up/possibility. they keep their options open.

but in all honesty, when wrestlezone reports it, you can usually just chalk it up to fake. so this really holds no water whatsoever.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Well if they want to turn Cena heel, they need a reason, and they've got a good one.

Ever since he became a top guy, there has always been large portions of the audience that HATE him. Here's a guy who goes out there, tries to play by the rules, be a role model, & be a good rep for the company, yet there are fans that want him to lose every single match & go away. Overtime, Cena gets bitter, and there's your reason for the turn.
So basically Tyler Black's heel turn. His was hot-shotted due to him leaving ROH (and I suspect to ensure the fans would be behind Roddy for that one night before he resumed his own heel run) so not exactly the same but similar nontheless :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.