Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since WrestleMania 28, morale has reportedly been declining within WWE. WrestleMania 28 was considered a blockbuster show that delivered, and they that was followed up with the big return of Brock Lesnar.

But now the general feeling is that things are already "back to normal" and the company has no direction with their storylines.
Source: The Wrestling Observer

What do you think of this?

·
Banned
5,125 Posts
Usual speculative report that comes out every year in May/June.
Doesn't make it wrong. You go from The Rock and Brock Lesnar to John Cena Vs. Johnny Ace and then John Cena Vs. The Big Show in two months. That's a pretty big fucking drop off.

Not to mention the overall negativity surrounding RAW going to 3-hours.

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,453 Posts
They are doing like 4 million viewers now. Second hour ratings for RAW go down and so does total viewership. The product is boring and lazy right now. Every wrestler knows from history and instinct that the 3 Hour RAW concept is a ruinous one.

The summer is a doldrums time for the company anyhow. Nothing really picks up until 2 or 3 weeks from SummerSlam. John Cena is worn out physically and as a character. All the one off feuds that he does just reek of desperation and are lousy in quality.
The Johnny Ace storyline stinks. It is wrestling writing at its most base and lazy. Big Show/Cena fighting again sounds awful.

To do 1.4 million WrestleMania buys and then go to Over The Limit that could easily do sub 100,000 has got to be a spirit-crushing Fall From Grace level moment.

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts
It doesn't surprise me at all if it's true, which I bet it is because thing are so bad, I don't see how it couldn't be. They have no creative direction, they book last minute, the youth movement is over and new stars are back to doing nothing, they don't care about their titles, the GM gets bigger storylines than the wrestlers, etc. It's a complete mess right now and they need to make some serious changes.

·
Premium Member
15,552 Posts
I wonder if this is because of more power being given to Triple H?

Maybe guys thought the Punk shoot would lead to changes but instead, they are constantly being deprived of main event spots or any decent booking.

Could be worse, they could be in TNA.

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
Not surprised. They went from being extremely exciting on the Road to Wrestlemania and the return of Brock Lesnar to being as horrible as last year after Wrestlemania until Money in the Bank. I can only hope they got something in store for the summer and the rest of the year, I don't think we can bear this boring directionless show for very long if they continue the way they are doing right now.

·
Premium Member
44,439 Posts
I normally read stories like this about TNA.

Oh well. It sounds very unsubstantiated and speculative rather than anything concrete, as most reports like this do.

·
The Knight
1,746 Posts
Feels very much like the kind of report anyone could come up with.

Raises a fair point, regardless of whether it's true or not, though. WWE at the moment is very directionless. Sometimes I get the impression Creative plan Cena's storylines and then leave the rest to be pulled from a hat. There's plenty of talent on the rosters that just gets wasted because they have no concrete/meaningful feud. It's not like it's hard, either. Something as simple as a babyface interview that a heel interrupts and disagrees with; they have a match, heel wins by cheating, rematch on PPV. You could do it with Miz and Ryder. Or anyone. But at the moment it feels like everyone's just floating around with no direction or reason to be on the show. If I was a guy in the locker room, my morale wouldn't be that high. If your name isn't Cena or possibly Orton/Punk chances are they have nothing for you.

·
Nah, I’m your king now.
4,135 Posts
I actually believe this one. This is why I never get over excited for anything anymore. I just know the WWE will fuck it up and we'll be right back to the same direction less, mediocre, and lazy programming.

·
Registered
560 Posts
WWE does not give a shit about the quality of their wrestling product. It hasn't been attended to like a legitimate wrestling promotion in several, several years. People need to stop calling it a soap opera, it's not. A soap opera has character and story development. The WWE has become a variety show with recurring characters.

What bothers me... what really fucking bothers me is that I'm not even sure the people in charge know why it's bad. I really, really don't think they have even the slightest clue. You don't need returning big names, celebrity guest hosts, or twitter. You need good booking.

In fact I wouldn't be surprised if saying the word "booking" backstage has probably become grounds for termination.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts