Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
WWE didn't want her because of a bad attitude and she leaked the results of the Mae Young classics, got fired from Impact and blacklisted from the company, and got blacklisted from Stardom for her racism. Every company should steer clear of her shes bad news all around.
Just knew the recent clash with Impact about her not sending promos. She sounds very unprofessional and entitled. She would be better off in the WWE, they will straighten her out.

This just reminds me of everyone being hyped for Punk coming in, and once he said he won´t go, the AEW fans were like "nah he no good anymore fam", "cm who", "he lost all his mma fights anyways"...

Same goes to Kross and probably when everyone realizes Rusev is not coming either...Just shows that most of the AEW fans dont have their own opinion, just the corporate reactive opinion, once AEW tells them what to think :)
Never cared about Kross or Rusev but yeah I wanted Punk to be in AEW and I lost interest in him once he decided not to come.

Lost 2 MMA fights in a row, second one was painful to watch. Dana outright said he doesnt want him. He still wanted to fight but UFC didnt want him. He still had a buzz because everyone still liked the Wrestling Version of Punk and maybe hoped to see him back one day.

He got another opportunity to regain his stock in what he actually is good at; wrestling, and he decides to waste his big comeback to do a shitty WWE program instead that nobody watches regardless of his involvement. He just proved his worth in the wrestling with such shitty number of viewers. Reportedly even Vince doesn't want Punk. The tables have turned, its not him leaving the WWE, its the WWE not being interested in him.

After all the UFC shit, he would have still been accepted had he revived his rebel character with AEW. It would have helped AEW and Punk himself. Hell, even a surprise return to feud with Triple H would have been better. But I guess he likes to make unpredictable decisions and not what actually makes sense for him.

In short, he wasted all his buzz or excitement attached to his name with each bad decision. I wont call his first fight in UFC a bad decision, but after that this guy has been on a downward spiral of bad decision making and this time the fans cant blame anyone else but him.

He doesn't want to wrestle, openly admitted that he thinks he cant do it anymore. So I think it is justified if fans don't see any worth in him anymore.

·
Angry at refs
3,114 Posts
Sure she is.

Listen, I would rather watch Tessa’s combination of intensity, passion, storytelling and general believability that she is in a fucking FIGHT over any other women’s wrestler.

The facial expressions, the changes in demeanour, the highs and lows emotionally in her matches.

She gets you INVESTED right away and that’s the biggest compliment you can give to the traditional pissbreak segments.
Speak for yourself. Everything I've seen from her has been pretty damn shit.

This just reminds me of everyone being hyped for Punk coming in, and once he said he won´t go, the AEW fans were like "nah he no good anymore fam", "cm who", "he lost all his mma fights anyways"...

Same goes to Kross and probably when everyone realizes Rusev is not coming either...Just shows that most of the AEW fans dont have their own opinion, just the corporate reactive opinion, once AEW tells them what to think :)
Same as above. Speak for yourself. Other than Rusev, who I'd watch anywhere so I don't care where he goes, the rest aren't good. As for Punk, idc what he's doing if he isn't wrestling.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
I known opinion isnt super popular, but I honestly think aew needs to go back to the drawing board with their women's division. There just aren't enough strong pieces to justify having one
This company needs to do a lot more than that.

AEW going forwards needs to decide if they are either:

a) the third coming of WCW

b) a super indy with a tv deal

or

c) if they are a big budget tv show along the lines of Impact Wrestling `11-`13 & LU that happens to do PPVs.

As missing out on major stars like Tessa is acceptable if Dynamite is just an reality tv/cinematic show with a big budget. Is semi-acceptable if they are a super indy, although damaging in terms of credibility, as big indy names are needed in order for fans to know that your still indy. And is absolutely not acceptable whatsoever if they are supposed to be WCW 3.0, as there are certain standards that need to be met - like signing major stars. And once they know what their identity is, be straight with fans as to what their company is about.

They are currently trying to be all three, and it isn't working.

·
Registered
872 Posts
This company needs to do a lot more than that.

AEW going forwards needs to decide if they are either:

a) the third coming of WCW

b) a super indy with a tv deal

or

c) if they are a big budget tv show along the lines of Impact Wrestling `11-`13 & LU that happens to do PPVs.

As missing out on major stars like Tessa is acceptable if Dynamite is just an reality tv/cinematic show with a big budget. Is semi-acceptable if they are a super indy, although damaging in terms of credibility, as big indy names are needed in order for fans to know that your still indy. And is absolutely not acceptable whatsoever if they are supposed to be WCW 3.0, as there are certain standards that need to be met - like signing major stars. And once they know what their identity is, be straight with fans as to what their company is about.

They are currently trying to be all three, and it isn't working.

that was the plan from jump though. Everyone is acting so surprised, but from the beginning they have stated they would try and offer a little bit of everything. It seems like some people forgot when all of those things weren't things they liked..

Women's division isnt working though. We agree on that at least

·
Registered
23,973 Posts
I mean even someone like Big Swole, who had a lot to say about Tessa, said that she should come to AEW to get better. Now Tessa’s problems aren’t just related to the other women and she’s a potential headache no matter how you slice it. But, I would still try to make a play for her and be confident in the structure of the company that you make sure it’s a positive investment.

That is of course if the rumors are true. And like I’ve said before, I don’t expect either company to bring her in any time soon.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
that was the plan from jump though. Everyone is acting so surprised, but from the beginning they have stated they would try and offer a little bit of everything. It seems like some people forgot when all of those things weren't things they liked..

Women's division isnt working though. We agree on that at least
The jambalaya of styles isn’t working. Unless jambalaya is a new style in pro wrestling now.

Personally, I’d choose option c. The cinematic and telenovela approach from LU for character and storyline development, and early 2010s Impact Wrestling’s reality tv production for backstage and offset segments – where we saw how events and actions affected the wrestlers & their friends and families, face and heel alike – would be a far fresher presentation in today’s environment.

NXT is doing WCW 3.0 better anyways.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
If they're not interested in signing Tessa at all then they must not be serious about their women's division especially when her father Tully works for the company. Or maybe Tessa and her father aren't getting along.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Never cared about Kross or Rusev but yeah I wanted Punk to be in AEW and I lost interest in him once he decided not to come.

Lost 2 MMA fights in a row, second one was painful to watch. Dana outright said he doesnt want him. He still wanted to fight but UFC didnt want him. He still had a buzz because everyone still liked the Wrestling Version of Punk and maybe hoped to see him back one day.

He got another opportunity to regain his stock in what he actually is good at; wrestling, and he decides to waste his big comeback to do a shitty WWE program instead that nobody watches regardless of his involvement. He just proved his worth in the wrestling with such shitty number of viewers. Reportedly even Vince doesn't want Punk. The tables have turned, its not him leaving the WWE, its the WWE not being interested in him.

After all the UFC shit, he would have still been accepted had he revived his rebel character with AEW. It would have helped AEW and Punk himself. Hell, even a surprise return to feud with Triple H would have been better. But I guess he likes to make unpredictable decisions and not what actually makes sense for him.

In short, he wasted all his buzz or excitement attached to his name with each bad decision. I wont call his first fight in UFC a bad decision, but after that this guy has been on a downward spiral of bad decision making and this time the fans cant blame anyone else but him.

He doesn't want to wrestle, openly admitted that he thinks he cant do it anymore. So I think it is justified if fans don't see any worth in him anymore.
Most of this forum were so behind Kross and Scarlett when they were rumoured to be AEW bound and suddenly Rusev is this super talent now that he's a free agent. Punk was the golden boy for a while as well and now we can add Tessa to the "Meh she's not that good anyway" list.

Your criticisms of Punk and what you feel are his bad decisions aren't really thought out well though. I'm not sure what he got paid for the FOX deal but he presumably made big money by doing minimal work and not taking any bumps. I'm sure Punk sees that as a win as opposed to coming to AEW and sharing the backstage area with the likes of Marko Stunt and Luther.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Most of this forum were so behind Kross and Scarlett when they were rumoured to be AEW bound and suddenly Rusev is this super talent now that he's a free agent. Punk was the golden boy for a while as well and now we can add Tessa to the "Meh she's not that good anyway" list.

Your criticisms of Punk and what you feel are his bad decisions aren't really thought out well though. I'm not sure what he got paid for the FOX deal but he presumably made big money by doing minimal work and not taking any bumps. I'm sure Punk sees that as a win as opposed to coming to AEW and sharing the backstage area with the likes of Marko Stunt and Luther.
I am sure many people here wanted Kross and want Rusev. I just said I wasnt one of those.

As for Punk. Sure he made some money by not doing much with the Fox deal that lasted 6 months. Short term good decision, long term bad decision. Suppose if he decides to wrestle in a few years, there wont be as much buzz as he could have created if he did it right.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
I am sure many people here wanted Kross and want Rusev. I just said I wasnt one of those.

As for Punk. Sure he made some money by not doing much with the Fox deal that lasted 6 months. Short term good decision, long term bad decision. Suppose if he decides to wrestle in a few years, there wont be as much buzz as he could have created if he did it right.
Punk doesn't care though. He knows full well whenever he decides to return a big money offer is waiting for him from any of the major wrestling companies in the world today regardless of how much buzz he has.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Punk doesn't care though. He knows full well whenever he decides to return a big money offer is waiting for him from any of the major wrestling companies in the world today regardless of how much buzz he has.
Well.. I hope it works out well for him with whatever he ends up doing. I will always be a fan of his past work, just feel like the best is behind him now. I would be pleased if i am proved wrong in this case.

·
Registered
222 Posts
if AEW is serious about their womens division they need to bring in some talent with name power to build off of. While I think Tessa would have been a good addition I think it would take more than just her for the division to be taken serious.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
if AEW is serious about their womens division they need to bring in some talent with name power to build off of. While I think Tessa would have been a good addition I think it would take more than just her for the division to be taken serious.
I 100% agree with you but she's a talent that people would want to join AEW to compete with. A Thunder Rosa or Taya or Tenille Dashwood or even girls who end up leaving WWE are much more likely to sign if they know they can sign and work a program with Tessa Blanchard.

It's kind of like a sporting team. Signing one star player might not necessarily bring you a championship but it helps everyone around you and attracts other key players to your team. That's what Tessa could've been for AEW's women division.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
at this point the womens division is just a huge bore every week. the only fun one to watch wrestle is Shida who had a 10 second match last week, and the most entertaining is an injured Britt Baker.

sign some models and have bikini contests instead. idc if it's a step back in progression, current shit is fucking boring

·
I know I'm dope, but don't wet that.
11,334 Posts
AEW should sign Ivelisse, Tessa should sign with WWE, problem solved.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Would the company be in a position to hand out contracts if this lockdown is going to remain for the near future?

41 - 60 of 122 Posts