Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
2,681 Posts

Or they just don't want to have to bother with people they think of as assholes. Like they wouldn't want to bother with you I guess.
If they want to judge individuals based solely on their character rather than their actual ability that's on them.

It is ironic they feature a convicted rapist on their show in that case though if you ask me.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
This will be the downfall of AEW.

Too busy worrying about how SJW's perceive them rather than addressing blatant weaknesses on their roster.
I want them to sign Tessa but she’s not the end all be all for the women’s division. Guys gotta remember AEW is still in its infancy stages, everything isn’t going to be built in the first year or two. Look at Shida, wasn’t the one coming in but now she’s the top woman in the company. Look at what they did with Britt.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
You could tell this was going to be the case when you could see the AEW fanboys liking posts talking about her behaviour as an excuse not to bring in her. It’s probably more than she’d overshadow everyone else and they can’t compete with WWE’s offers, but hey. Might as well pretend it is for moral reasons, even if those reasons are bullshit because a good coach could help manage that sort of behaviour.
You’re an AEW fanboy too Wood

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I want them to sign Tessa but she’s not the end all be all for the women’s division. Guys gotta remember AEW is still in its infancy stages, everything isn’t going to be built in the first year or two. Look at Shida, wasn’t the one coming in but now she’s the top woman in the company. Look at what they did with Britt.
The issue is their women's division is stuck in its fetus stage and AEW appears to be too busy playing politics rather than improving their roster.

This is nothing short of a missed opportunity.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Stuff like this happens in sports all the time. You dont bring someone in the Locke room that's going to ruin morale. Even if that player is better than everyone else you have.

Does anyone know if tessa WANTS to go to aew? Outside of shida what real ready made programs are there for here in aew? Can any of the other women even hang with her?

I known opinion isnt super popular, but I honestly think aew needs to go back to the drawing board with their women's division. There just aren't enough strong pieces to justify having one

·
Tiger Driver '91
2,708 Posts
Thank fuck. Personality aside, she's a terrible wrestler.
Sure she is.

Listen, I would rather watch Tessa’s combination of intensity, passion, storytelling and general believability that she is in a fucking FIGHT over any other women’s wrestler.

The facial expressions, the changes in demeanour, the highs and lows emotionally in her matches.

She gets you INVESTED right away and that’s the biggest compliment you can give to the traditional pissbreak segments.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
This just reminds me of everyone being hyped for Punk coming in, and once he said he won´t go, the AEW fans were like "nah he no good anymore fam", "cm who", "he lost all his mma fights anyways"...

Same goes to Kross and probably when everyone realizes Rusev is not coming either...Just shows that most of the AEW fans dont have their own opinion, just the corporate reactive opinion, once AEW tells them what to think :)

21 - 40 of 122 Posts