Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The newly created TNA Immortal Championship was a belt specifically made for Jeff Hardy and thus will not replace the actual TNA World Heavyweight Championship over the long run. The assumption of many within the company is that the longtime belt will return once Hardy loses the Immortal Championship.

Though the purple belt has been panned online, a number of people within the organization are high on its appearance. One TNA source deemed it "beautiful" and raved about the designer's attention to detail.

The word amongst the locker room was that the belt cost the company $18,000.

Credit to PWTorch
18,000 for the belt? I thought it was below the 2000 mark.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
So instead of using that money to get more talent, or using it for advertisement, they spend it on a belt that'll only be used temporarily, and is being used to replace a belt that looked more legit then any belt in the WWE atm

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
So instead of using that money to get more talent, or using it for advertisement, they spend it on a belt that'll only be used temporarily, and is being used to replace a belt that looked more legit then any belt in the WWE atm
Not to mention that its probably why they had Eric Young take the paycut.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I'm not saying it was 18,000, but any kind of money spent on more unnecessary things like a vanity belt only being used while hardy is champion is still a retarded decision.

·
Registered
319 Posts
The WWE spinner belt costs $10,000 to make. No way that a belt from Top Rope Belts, which is lesser than JMAR, would cost more.

WWE copies are available @ around $3000-3500 and up

*the spinner is a $10,000 belt, has over 4000 stones and weighs over 20 pounds and took a very long time to make.
^JMAR's website.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
the thing i find funny is it was reported that while Aj held the TNA championship title that the plate was hanging on by a rivet and could fall off at any moment but they but they supposedly spent that much money on a temporary use belt... i doubt it highly. I'm more inclined to think Jeff Hardy had the title made for himself.

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
I thought Jeff bought the belt himself?? From the early reports it sounded like him an Shannon Moore ordered titles for themselves then asked if they could use them in their gimmicks.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts