Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Reply to anything

Votes: 11 68.8%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since too many people talk in this forum or revive old threads, I figured I'd just fix it right now.

From now on, unless you create a thread, you cannot reply to any other threads. (You can only reply to threads you create) You may ask why or whatever. Well, any mods or admins can reply to any messages. So if you have a problem after they answer your question you can reply back and there is no interference between you and other posters. I feel this way will serve this forum justice. We need more order in this forum.

So, bottom line is you can only reply to threads you create. (Try to reply to others if you like...you can't.)

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
Lets say regular member Bob started a thread.So then only Bob and Staff members can reply to that thread?I think anyone should be able to reply to any thread.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The result is always going to be conversation. This way, if ONE person asks a question, they get their answer. Others also get the answer. But really, people revive threads and talk....look at the posts. Maybe I'll post links.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wait. I see two people (Snapper and another disclosed person, which I know) have voted for reply to anything. Well, let me post some links of examples of what happens.

http://www.weforums.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=12609 (Revived topic by someone (not I'm tha real IT, the person deleted their post))

http://www.weforums.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=12655 (Turned into somewhat of a chat about AIM and then a banner at the very end)

These are two prime examples. I am not going to search through the forums to find them all. I know they're there because I was thinking to myself this was a Suggestion/Help forum. Thus, we don't need any unnecessary posts. If this doesn't work well maybe I'll change it back.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know. I think you can get the hack for that whenever you get the vB License info.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Because that requires more work.

Also the fact that new members do this so often. Look around. A lot of new members revive dead topics not knowing because they cannot tell time/dates on vBs. Hacks just prevent this from occuring. I saw the hack and I believe Shawn will get it.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
i don't like the reply to your own thread idea, i like replying to other threads i like it how it is now its great, if the forum needs to change well the way is to clear old threads away.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
this wasnt old it got replyed to a couple of days ago i think sorry if it was old just felt like it had to be replyed to.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah i think this is a great idea,stop some spamming which is appearing on the boards right now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts