Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last RAW, Cole proved how epic he is on commentary as the heel...whereas King continued to be bad "Why don't you excercise your right to be quiet?"...."Why don't you shut the hell up?" King simply cannot respond to Cole's clever heelness, so I think Cole should replace King as the heel color commentater...

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
King is the best heel commentator ever IMO.. its just since he got inducted into the HOF WWE feels like he needs to be a face or something, i dunno, its BS...Cole is still annoying, i watched a RAW last week and I was like...Damn Cole still sucks.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
i like king because he knows how to get over his jokes and take his shots at wrestlers with taking away from whats going on in the match. his commentary actually adds to the match. cole on the other hand while good at sometimes tends to take to much focus away from the match. he needs to learn how to play the heel role without taking focus from whats going on in the ring like heenan did back in the day.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
If someone has to replace Lawler, it should be this guy.

Period.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Makes sense to me, Cole is becoming more and more like a colour announcer so officially switching him to that role on a permanent basis seems like the next logical step and JR is the best man to put alongside him while thay make the transition.

King is the best heel commentator ever IMO..
I'd put both Heenan and Venture ahead of him but that's me.

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
King shouldn't be replaced by JR. JR is the one guy that actually causes King to be a real commentator, he literally transformed on monday night when JR was walking out. I dunno if there's bad tension between King and Cole or if they simply can't work together.

Have JR replace Cole on Raw, Cole can replace Grisham on Smackdown. Grisham can go back to interviewing people / commentating on Superstars.

You'd have the winning formula of JR and King, and Cole can constantly bash Striker for his geeky and IWC references (he seems to have a thing against geeks lately).

·
Registered
376 Posts
Michael Cole was outrageously disrespectful to Jim Ross.
That's not good heel commentary. A perfectly good technical match was not called or sold right because Cole F'd up.

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
I'd actually replace Cole with JR and leave Cole still on NXT and SmackDown, I don't see the need for him on all three brands and I bet King and JR would still make an awesome commentary team.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
I like Cole, but he went completely overboard with that segment. He took the focus off the match too much.
Well I think we'd all agree that was the case, which probably means that was their intention. Plus with the JR interaction with Cole at the end - surely smart money would be on JR returning and this was them hinting at it?

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Dont know why people want JR and King back together
Yeah they were great years back when king was a heel but it would just be shit to listen to 2 faces doing commentary all the time
Cole is great in his heel
JR needs to replace to King he just puts no effort into it anymore

·
I GOT ALOT LEFT IN THE TANK
4,541 Posts
King is awful, he needs to be replaced asap. I don't care if it's J.R, Striker, JBL, Grisham, Saxton, Roberts, CM Punk or,even Wade Barret.

Get Lawler the hell out.

·
The Winds of Change
5,627 Posts
What?? No. If JR were to be replacing anyone it should be that idiot Michael Cole.

I actually found King to be tolerable this Monday, which is something he hasn't been in some time ;p
I found him tolerable as well. JR and King have a special dynamic, even without King making the stupid heel side comments that he use to. King without JR is a whole nother story... haha. But together, they focus on the match itself, and JR has always had a way of making each and every move that the superstars are performing, seem like they have a logical purpose. JR is able to get the viewer much more engaged in the actual wrestling part of the show, while still focusing heavily on the storylines. I also really love how JR is able to make every match seem like it has big implications moving forward.

Michael Cole on the other hand, sits at the table and talks about every damn thing under the Sun besides what is going on in the match. Everything from Cole Miners, to inconsistant blaber about how much he loves heels like Miz and Riley but loves the babyfaces like Orton and Cena, to storylines that have nothing to do with the superstars in the ring at the time. When King told Cole to shut up and focus on the match, that was the 2nd time in the last few weeks that someone has told him to do so. Big Show did it on Smackdown when he was on guest commentary...and for good reason. Cole needs to know his role as a color commentator and focus on the superstars in the ring at the time. There is a difference between being a heel commentator, and just being down right annoying.

As someone who has always been a huge fan of the actual wrestling on WWE programing, I have become so fed up with the current announcers on TV - Cole, Striker, King specifically. In fact, my favorite part of being at Night of Champions live, was to enjoy the show without having to listen to the Trifecta of Idiocy that is Cole, Striker and King.

Anyone who watched older WWE programing with JR on commentary - or even if JR's commentary on Raw was the first time you had heard him call a match - it isn't hard to tell how he is just leaps and bounds past Cole (or anyone for that matter) in the announcing department. Instead of focusing on the match at hand, which involved two of the better technical wrestlers in WWE today, Cole just ran his mouth about bullshit no body cares about and that had nothing to do with the match. I understand that Cole is just trying to catch cheap heat by having a negative comment about almost everything, but there is a limit to it. And to make matters worse, Cole was discrediting the performers by saying "Man, is this match a bore" or "how much longer do we have to sit through this?". Generally it's not a good idea for "The Voice of the WWE" - the voice viewers at home are hearing - to be saying that the product or the performers in the ring are "boring". The commentators have the power in WWE programing to change the perception viewers have of the wrestlers and the product as a whole. Cole did it with The Hart Dynasty and he did it again with the Bryan/Swagger match on Raw.

Like I said above, there is a difference between being a heel commentator, and just being down right annoying. Cole has obviously opted for the latter.

·
Prince of Perversion
1,170 Posts
If anyone should replace King it should be Piper.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
JR and Lawler are old. It's all about Cole and Matthews now.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts