Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
The literal only reason she has the job is she's a woman. There's nothing else that is distinguishable about her. She's boring, uninteresting, adds nothing to distinguish herself otherwise. And that's not to say women can't be good on MMA/WWE. Karyn Bryant is great on UFC's post fight shows.

But Renee Young doesn't have that type of talent. She never will. Having her on commentary calling Seth and Sami matches is appropriate for how boring, dull, and terrible this entire watered down pc era is. The talent is dull, the commentary is dull.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Bunch of nerds who would shoot their shot at her if she was in front of their face, and single. Wanna call her trash at commentary when she is trying her best. WTF is wrong with yall
There's plenty of worthless women in the workplace that guys would gladly bang, but never want on their team or promote.

There's a million women that would be fine to bang, but I'd never hire for a job.

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts
Why whenever a thread criticizing a woman in any way is posted, somebody pops up to say "oh don't act like you wouldn't fuck her if you had the chance" :lol There's women here, plus people who just don't fancy the woman in question LOL. Not everything is about wanting to fuck people haha. It's like the weirdest form of whiteknighting I've ever seen.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Let's be honest though, JR and the King set the bar so high and that was considered "the standard" that it's no easy task for anyone to step up as commentator.

No, the bar has always been high even before JR and the King. Vince/Jesse Ventura were good. Bobby Heenan/TonySchiavione were great. Gorilla Monsoon one of the best ever.

Announcing has always been a key part in selling wrestling. The fact this generation's announcers are completely forgettable garbage says quite a bit about the state of the business.

I'd listen to one man team Joey Stylez before any of the losers WWE has announcing for them right now.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
LOL at her bringing up her paycheck, the moment money is brought into it, totally invalidates all you're trying to say and makes you look arrogant.

Renee sucks at commentary, there's nothing else to it. Corey is just as bad as her though, I really don't get why people think he's good.

I've seen people trying to defend her saying she's still "new" at it, lol, she's been doing it for almost an entire year now, plus she did NXT and Superstars commentary in the past. She's had enough experience by now to improve, but she's still exactly the same. Yeah, she has Vince in her ear blah blah, but people never give Cole or Byron or Tom a pass for that like they give Renee.
Me thinks there may be a little jelly in your hate sandwich.

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts
Me thinks there may be a little jelly in your hate sandwich.

Oh, not this again. Just cos Mox is my favourite doesn't mean I hate Renee cos I'm jealous of her. I dislike her cos she's a crappy commentator and makes listening to Raw commentary painful. Not everything is about Mox :lol

·
The Babyface of WF
10,814 Posts
Now that I have thought about it Renee still fares better than Otunga or Saxton so at least I can say she's certainly not the worst but if I could choose someone to replace her I'd go with Beth Phoenix easily.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Renee is not worse than the rest of the commentary staff but Renee should not let trolls get to her. Haters are going to hate....WWE need to bring Lawler back for good same with JR. They had the best chemistry and had they own clichés.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts

Oh, not this again. Just cos Mox is my favourite doesn't mean I hate Renee cos I'm jealous of her. I dislike her cos she's a crappy commentator and makes listening to Raw commentary painful. Not everything is about Mox :lol
Is she really THAT bad? Maybe I'm just numb but I'll happily take Renee over JBL. At least I LIKE Renee as a person.

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts
Is she really THAT bad? Maybe I'm just numb but I'll happily take Renee over JBL. At least I LIKE Renee as a person.
In my eyes she is lol, I was SO happy over Mania weekend not to have to listen to her or Corey cos I was there in person. I just find Renee's voice to be very grating and her constantly saiyng "oh!" and "whoa!" is so annoying :lol

JBL was bloody awful as well though, WWE's had a lot of shit commentators haven't they haha.

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,219 Posts
Renee is crummy, but they all are. Its still never a good thing to flat out admit you think you're bad at the job, but willing to learn at the job. No offense, ma'am, but this isn't training to work at Subway. You're a commentator for a billion dollar entity. Live television and PPVs are not the place to "learn." If they want to internally transition you to RAW, you need major time on secondary brands with WWE in your recent history, probably 5+ years. The last time she did that it was Superstars and NXT like, 5 years ago for 2 years. That's not cutting the mustard.

I don't see why WWE should put up with a self-confessed Not Ready For Primetime Player. I'm not saying fire her, but get her off of flagship programming and PPVs, please. She's not cut out for it.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
She was much better on NXT, which just proves it's not here but it's McMahon/Dunn.
Yeah I love all the people here with no self awareness throwing rocks in a glass house just because they can't separate between things or have an emotional negatively loaded connection with her for whatever reason.

The money comment is always gonna be shallow and stupid and straight up ignorant, but the irony is that so is the critique she is getting when she used to be so much better on commentary at NxT where a certain someone wasn't constantly in her ear about everything she had to point out or say, she gets no chance to develop naturally which would mean trying things and failing, she seems more micromanaged than the vast majority of wrestlers when it comes to knowing their own character and that's saying quite a lot.

Try, if you have the capacity to imagine whatever work you have, you have a boss consistently screaming in your ear how he wants you to do your job, nitpicking on every single detail of how you do it, then if you have the ignorance, keep commenting and expose yourselves further on something you have no capability of understanding.

Another example is Corey Graves, he killed it before he got micromanaged to death, hell even Michael Cole proved what a great commentator he is when he doesn't have Vince screaming in his air when he did the UK tournament. Direct the heat where it belongs, I doubt I need to spell it out for you.. again

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,219 Posts
They're grooming Sam for commentary too. The future sounds so bleak and nasally.
You mean Sideshow Bob Sam Roberts? Jesus Christ, why? He's a major reason why I skip as much of the preshow shit as absolutely possible and only watch pre-show matches if titles are on the line in a match (also a dumb thing, but whatever). That guy is figurative and literal clownshoes.

·
Registered
9,650 Posts
:lol :lol :lol

What?!? I know its popular to hate on Vince and Dunn, but she was the drizzling shits in NXT. "Ohhhh!" "Ummm" "Ohhhh!"

I can't tell you a single good line she's ever had on commentary. If you can, please provide a link.

I like Renee. Pretty, good personality, she does a great job as an interviewer or host. Commentary just ain't her thing.
Not everyone is Jim Ross, I'm not saying she was this exceptional commentator, but she was more natural than she is now. Had she stayed in NXT for another year or two and worked alongside Mauro or Nigel her pedigree would have been better before joining Raw.

41 - 60 of 130 Posts