Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Tbh females are not good at things like commentary, ring announcing etc... so I dont blame her lol.

I just dont see her ever improving.
It sounds like a sexist statement, but at the same time, WWE hasn't exactly hired anyone to prove that statement wrong. I'm sure there ARE women out there that could knock it out of the park with announcing and commentary, but they are just super rare to find because you don't usually see them entering that type of work. Why would they anyway. Interviewing absolutely, commentary and announcing, ehh not really.

JoJo wasn't bad actually, too bad it's unknown if she will ever return. Renee was actually pretty good at interviewing in backstage segments, but she flat out sucks on commentary and I'm glad she's acknowledged that.

·
Banned
33 Posts
The company and the announcers and pretty much everything are so micromanaged to the T , does it even matter anymore who is on commentary?

I will say this though I think Otunga and Saxton are pretty terrible and Booker is alright in small doses although week after week after absolutely not he gets really irritating

Personally I think Graves and Renee have pretty good chemistry and work well together

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
Why do WWE employees keep bringing up how much money they make? Roman does it, Seth does it, Renee does it. Why is it always brought up? You’re under contract, you get paid that amount, doesn’t mean you’re good at your job. It’s a guaranteed contract
It's the rich persons version of "I still beat tho" lol

It's a response we really can't rebuttal

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Why do WWE employees keep bringing up how much money they make? Roman does it, Seth does it, Renee does it. Why is it always brought up? You’re under contract, you get paid that amount, doesn’t mean you’re good at your job. It’s a guaranteed contract
Could you imagine if a slumping Quarterback in the NFL or struggling pitcher in MLB said in a post game interview after sucking it up on the field that "oh well haters, I'm still cashing my checks!"

·
Lacey Evans Stole My Heart <3
195 Posts
It sounds like a sexist statement, but at the same time, WWE hasn't exactly hired anyone to prove that statement wrong. I'm sure there ARE women out there that could knock it out of the park with announcing and commentary, but they are just super rare to find because you don't usually see them entering that type of work. Why would they anyway. Interviewing absolutely, commentary and announcing, ehh not really.

JoJo wasn't bad actually, too bad it's unknown if she will ever return. Renee was actually pretty good at interviewing in backstage segments, but she flat out sucks on commentary and I'm glad she's acknowledged that.
Lillian Garcia was actually good at ring announcing and shes a female. So there are exceptions out there.

To be a great commentator or ring announcer, u have to have a intense powerful voice to sell the match. Alot of people dont realize how important it is to have a good commentator/ring announcers in sports to make the fans invested in the matches.

·
Baby It's Violence
7,115 Posts
Some nice sexist comments in here :lol

The money comment is dumb, but at least she is aware she really is not good at announcing and isn't trying to lie to herself and everybody that she is. Also, she's aware she's in that spot because they wanted a woman announcer.

Not her fault she's thrusted into a role she isn't good at. She was her best as the lead backstage interviewer, shame they took her away from it.

·
The Babyface of WF
10,905 Posts
The reason is despite how classless it may sound it's effective in shutting down critics and it works.

I would rather them say they do it anyway because they enjoy it and it's a part of their passion but to me Renee probably is cashing in on those checks and has little passion for the business.

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
She was much better on NXT, which just proves it's not here but it's McMahon/Dunn.
:lol :lol :lol

What?!? I know its popular to hate on Vince and Dunn, but she was the drizzling shits in NXT. "Ohhhh!" "Ummm" "Ohhhh!"

I can't tell you a single good line she's ever had on commentary. If you can, please provide a link.

I like Renee. Pretty, good personality, she does a great job as an interviewer or host. Commentary just ain't her thing.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Damn Hector bodied her. I appreciate Renee's honesty though. Hopefully WWE brass listen and put her back in the role where she belongs. They could find some other woman if she's only out there for progressive optics. Even if that woman is just as bad or worse at least we'd have a good backstage announcer again.

·
AWWWW! Wrestling forum... Don't you dare be sour..
2,335 Posts
Bunch of nerds who would shoot their shot at her if she was in front of their face, and single. Wanna call her trash at commentary when she is trying her best. WTF is wrong with yall

·
Registered
22,909 Posts
It's kind of refreshing to hear somebody say "hey, I'm not that good yet but I'm trying to get better" as opposed to putting out a false narrative.

Also shows how toxic Twitter is when she makes an off hand comment and someone just decides to trash her for no reason.

·
Won't shut up about Peyton Royce
17,623 Posts
Tbf I think she only admitted it because she pulled a Seth and brought up money to the discussion of the quality of her job, so if she didn't do it she probably have had the whole WWE fans turning against her

·
Registered
735 Posts
Is she great? No....but commentary hasnt been great in nearly 20 years. Mauro Ranallo is literally the only tolerable announcer in the entire company.

·
Southern Pride
2,929 Posts
It's probably hard for anyone to be good at commentary these days while under the thumb of Vince McMahon and Michael Cole. Like, i'm pretty sure that they are instructed to go "Oh!" every 20 seconds and give meaningless random commentary.

Renee is terrible at it though. I'll agree about that. It's just dumb that they took her away from what she was good at.

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
Renee, like Mox will be better outside the confines of WWE

Where there isn’t an old man shouting in her ear all day

How anybody can blame any talent these days for anything they do is beyond me. The show is run by robots and they’re all puppets

21 - 40 of 130 Posts