Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
InsideTheRopes said:
Rene Dupree has fired back at Bubba Ray Dudley after the WWE Hall Of Famer admitted to slapping his tag team partner in the face backstage.

Dudley’s comments came on a recent episode of Busted Open Radio, where alongside Dave LaGreca and Mark Henry the trio discussed occasions when things got “too real” inside the squared circle.

The WWE Hall of Famer initially recalled how he was to work with behind the scenes, saying that any disagreements were always business and never personal. Dudley then recalled the business he doled out to La Resistance’s Sylvain Grenier backstage:

“So one night in the ring, it was that time and me and D-Von just started laying it in a little bit. Then we come back through the curtain and one of the La Resistance guys goes to me [In French accent] ‘Urgh, what are you shooting on me for?! Don’t you know I am green?’ So I smacked him in his face.”
Now speaking on his Cafe de Rene podcast, Grenier’s tag team partner Rene Dupree has shot back at Bubba Ray Dudley, questioning Dudley’s credentials as a ring general:

“Blubber Ray Dudley is the real live version of Eric Cartman. If he doesn’t get his way. He bitches and moans and whines like a child. Understand, when he said that La Resistance was the sh*ts and they were green. The Dudley boys had one set match, one routine that they did over and over and over again.”

“Right. It wasn’t your standard psychology, it was smoke and mirrors. It was working for pops, as we say, okay, they had some gaga, and the exclamation point was what? D-von get the tables. SOS – Same old sh*t, that’s why they were there for five years. Understand. Yeah, you couldn’t tell blubber.”

“Mark (Bully Ray) can only have – if you were to say ‘Mark 20 minutes, this guy over a sunset flip,’ he wouldn’t know whether to wind his ass or scratch his watch. He does not know how to do that, I can do that. Yeah, in my first five or 600 matches in the arenas we had separate locker rooms, working for my dad, that’s the way I learned.”

“The problem with Mark is that he’s just that he’s a mark, he’s a mark for himself, his ego cost him more opportunities than anything. And he knows it. And what he did the Sly (Sylvain Grenier), punched him in the mouth, bloodied his nose. And then when Sly calmly said “Hey man come on, take it easy” [Bubba] slapped him across the face.”

“That was his nail in his coffin. You know why? Because Sly was Pat Patterson’s boy. Yeah. So that’s all I have to say about that.”

1, Is there anybody that hasn't got a podcast?!

2, I'm not ashamed to admit I liked this feud at the time. La Resistance injected some much needed new heat on a stale tag divison.

3 , I can't unsee it.

·
Registered
14,131 Posts
I loved La Resistance.

• Wow
Reactions: HBK Styles Ospreay

·
Registered
6,860 Posts
I believe it. Bubba Ray Dudley is one of the biggest bullies in the wrestling business, he's just never been held accountable for any of it.

-He treated Nicole Bass like garbage simply because of the way she looked.

-He treated Le Resistance like garbage (all of them, not just Renee)

-He viscously attacked Public Enemy and shot on them in match (granted there was reasoning behind it but still shows what kinda guy he is)

- he stiffs guys on purpose... even Rico who is known as one of the nicest people in the wrestling business had nothing nice to say about him.

Remember when Le Resistance botched a table spot and almost ended Spike Dudley's career?

ok, I can kinda understand why he had it out for Renee after that but what did Bubba Ray Dudley do just 2 weeks after this incident?

^
fast forward to 11:20.

they literally do the same spot on Rob Conway, the man who had no responsibility for what happened to Spike (it was Renee and Sylvain that slammed Spike). and you can't convince me there wasn't some intent behind that, it's too much of a coincidence for that same botch to happen again in just mere weeks. They almost broke a man's neck that was completely innocent.

he just comes off as such a shitty, overbearing, loud narcissistic person. and other guys like Ryback, Enzo, JBL or Goldberg do too, but they have a lot of charm and quirkiness to them that still makes them likable. I think he's probably changed his ways a bit and ill give him credit for getting in incredible shape as he got older and being a good wrestler overall but when you have even Rico telling you he's a piece of shit, he's probably a piece of shit.

·
Registered
6,860 Posts
Why would anyone care to hear René Dupree's opinions on anything, let alone wrestling? The man wasn't even famous enough to be a hasbeen.
did you watch him? He was one of the best up and coming young wrestles they had at the time, he had the it factor, very charismatic, great physique, great look. He literally checked all the boxes and was really good the entire time he was there. He was the breakout star from La Resistance.

PS: this is actually the real life Eric Cartman.

Bubba is more like Bill DeMott version 2

·
Registered
727 Posts
did you watch him? He was one of the best up and coming young wrestles they had at the time, he had the it factor, very charismatic, great physique, great look. He literally checked all the boxes and was really good the entire time he was there. He was the breakout star from La Resistance.

Lol stop slobbering on his knob. Dude was trash.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts

Ive been watching since 1993. La Resistance fuckin sucked.

Also learn to spell please... Rene=a man, Renee=woman

·
Registered
6,860 Posts
Ive been watching since 1993. La Resistance fuckin sucked.

Also learn to spell please... Rene=a man, Renee=woman
you probably just have shit taste in wrestlers. La Resistance was one of the best tag teams in the Ruthless Aggression era.

Also learn punctuation please. It's "fuckin'". Not "fuckin". You forgot the "'"

Lol stop slobbering on his knob. Dude was trash.
you failed at providing an argument.

lol @ these two clowns getting so triggered at Renee Dupree. Not sure if they're nut huggers of the Dudleyz or just dislike Renee but anyone who actually watched him know he was exceptionally good.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
I wouldn't trust the word of either of them

Rene is a drug addict and Bubba recently abducted an audience member as if basic boundaries didn't matter to the prick

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
Rene Dupree's opinions don't really matter, but that being said, this is pretty funny and I can see where he's coming from lol.

·
Baby It's Violence
8,828 Posts
I mean this is like what, the 20th guy to say how Bubba was a shithead? So it that many people are saying it, high chance it's probably true.

Especially if somebody like Rico says it, who everybody liked.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts