Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
When you don't have a match on the show
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

So with The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar facing off at Summerslam I decided to take time to watch a bit of Smackdown brand from late 2002 when these two were feuding. Having never seen any of it, this is some great stuff.

This sit down, especially from Taker's side is brilliant. Although Brock's "How old are you?" comment is up there with "Party's over grandpa" :lol

I then watched thier matches at Unforgiven and No Mercy that same year. The latter especially is a fantastic Hell in a Cell match.

What did you think of their rivalry back then?​

·
Super Moderator Going Backwards With WF
33,394 Posts
Loved it obviously, back then they had great chemistry. I still find their No Mercy 2003 chain match underrated too TBH, there is some good stuff in there if you look past the gimmick of the match.

Really great build up to the matches too, i remember one instance i think on SD, Taker picks up Lesnar for the chokeslam, ans the air he gets is insane. HIAC is still fucking GREAT, and my favorite Brock match.

·
Registered
593 Posts

One of my favourite fights, cemented brock.

The ending where lesnar climbs the cell and raises the belt, the look on takers face just screams this guy is a beast.

·
Registered
787 Posts
The HITC match is so damn brutal, the blood pouring from Taker's head onto Lesnar really highlighted what i thought was an outstanding match.

·
When you don't have a match on the show
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Will watch the 03' stuff as well sometime.

Seems to me that Lesnar became a long term legitimate superstar thanks to The Undertaker on the back of that HIAC.

·
Banned
8,175 Posts
That picure.

Damn Brock got fat recently.
Are you fucking kidding me? Brock had diverticulitis which nearly killed him his body shape got really fucked up after suffering that. Where as back in 2002 he was a young lad with no health problems

I loved the Brock vs Undertaker feuds back in 2002 they had chemistry and had amazing matches

1 - 13 of 13 Posts