Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like it had some big names on the first few weeks.
I am sure I saw somewhere on a site that it was not gonna be like Heat and be "The Charlie Haas Show"

Granted we do get some good matches on the show but apart from the replays of Raw and Smackdown no big stars on the show. I think the highest would be former World Champion Jack Swagger...

This a good thing or bad thing?

Discuss!

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
it shouldn't have big names on it.

it's a show for midcarders to wrestle well and display their talents. it'd be destroying the purpose if we made it like other big shows and put big names on it. from what i know, most wrestling fans that watch it enjoy it. and they're not expecting big ratings or everything, so i doubt they'd ever change the platform.

·
Banned
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess they had the big names at the start just to draw people in... much like when ECW had Batista, John Cena and The Undertaker wrestling on it at the beginning before it became the C-Show - well it was already C but then just went FAR behind Smackdown.

·
It All Ends.
1,028 Posts
I remember Orton was on it once. But he was facing Primo, so I guess that balances.

I only watch it for the Divas, tbh. At least they get somewhat decent matches and an acceptable amount of time there.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
I remember Orton was on it once. But he was facing Primo, so I guess that balances.

I only watch it for the Divas, tbh. At least they get somewhat decent matches and an acceptable amount of time there.
this. the divas aren't as bad as everyone makes them out to be...they just need to be given the time and attention from creative.

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
It was never important.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Uh...no I don't.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
It wasnt even important in 1992. Why would it be important today?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I only watched the first few episodes of WWE Superstars to be honest. Is it worth watching right now? I do enjoy good matches from the midcarders. Hmm I'll probably watch it next week.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
I am sure I saw somewhere on a site that it was not gonna be like Heat and be "The Charlie Haas Show"

Granted we do get some good matches on the show but apart from the replays of Raw and Smackdown no big stars on the show. I think the highest would be former World Champion Jack Swagger...

This a good thing or bad thing?

Discuss!
I would like to turn the question upside down and ask, what is WWE Superstars? or why to watch it? :gun:

·
Banned
7,852 Posts
It might not be important, but it is an important tool to showcase talent that only get squash matches over on Raw or Smackdown. Many stars have flourished thanks to this show, and I am glad that I get to watch it... Without it I wouldn't have been able to see how great some of these younger talents are.

·
Registered
582 Posts

Granted we do get some good matches on the show but apart from the replays of Raw and Smackdown no big stars on the show. I think the highest would be former World Champion Jack Swagger...This a good thing or bad thing?

Discuss!
The Undertaker was the biggest star on the show. Remember the very first episode of
WWE Superstars. He put on a great match with then heel Matt Hardy. That was his first
and only time appearing on the show. It was the main event. Also someone mentioned Randy Orton as WWE champion last year facing Primo. Primo put up a good fight, but we all
knew b4 the match took place that Orton was obviously going over. I agree it should be a
place for the mid-carders/low card talents to showcase their skills, especially if they
don't appear on Raw or Smackdown that week.

·
Registered
462 Posts
It started off pretty good. For the first 10 weeks or so you had regular appearances from Jericho and Punk and Hardy with the odd appearance of Cena and Taker as well. Soon after that though it turned to what you see today and that's just a platform for the mid-carders and jobbers to get some air time and show off what they can do.

Think I stopped watching after about three months and don't think I've caught a single episode since.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts