Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imagine if you were to go back in time and show them footage from 11 years later of Hogan walking to the ring to nWo music but on crutches? I think their heads would explode...

just a random thought. But honestly it was something i just couldn't stop thinking about seeing hogan limp to the ring. it also didnt help that bischoff was at his side.

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
I'm sick of "They" or whatever the hell they call themselves already.

The nWo has truly ran its course, why can't they just let it die and let it stay dead and quit trying to revive it.

This is the 2nd incarnation of the nWo this year alone from TNA.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
i personally was NEVER sick of the NWO at all. The only time i didn't like the NWO was the WWE's version of it. Another thing you can't compare "THEY" To the NWO. too completely different concepts.

·
Registered
54 Posts
i personally was NEVER sick of the NWO at all. The only time i didn't like the NWO was the WWE's version of it. Another thing you can't compare "THEY" To the NWO. too completely different concepts.
Yea, i also feel everyone should give them a chance, they only been on 1 Impact, you can never tell how good or bad a stable is until months in.

Examples are Evolution didn't hit their stride until 5 months later due to injuries. Legacy was hyped to be great stable of second gen talents but turned out to be orton and his 2 sidekicks.

·
Registered
753 Posts
but the one thing is Flair is a part of this stable...if i remember correctly, he has feuded with the NWO all the time.....so wouldn't this make it not the same as all the other times???

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
but the one thing is Flair is a part of this stable...if i remember correctly, he has feuded with the NWO all the time.....so wouldn't this make it not the same as all the other times???
so adding flair into the group magically makes it into this whole differnt thing? thats one minor detail thats different but everything else is basically the same when you break it down

-top babyface turning heel
-former top face who is now heel is the champ
-trying to take control of the company
-half the rosters a member
-hogan and bischoff are at the forefronts
-was born in daytona beach, fl

that basically fits the original nWo to a T. Hell even hogan himself called jeff the new hollywood hogan. Im pretty sure if TNA had the rights to the nWo name they wouldve called a just called it the nWo. theres really not much youd have to change for it to be a carbon copy.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
so i guess every stable that gets formed now is gonna be another NWO copy cat.......
Every stable? No. But this? Yeah. There's just not enough differences in this storyline to call it original.

None of that matters if the storyline is successful, though.

·
Registered
12,437 Posts
This is the 2nd incarnation of the nWo this year alone from TNA.

If you are referring to Fortune, they are an offshoot of the Four Horsemen concept.

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
I was already sick of NWO when Virgil joined.

-top babyface turning heel
-trying to take control of the company
-half the rosters a member
-hogan and bischoff are at the forefronts
they also used the TNA remixed version nWo theme song.. people can play dumb all they want and deny that this is a rehash, but the theme music and encouraged trash throwing at ocean center = REHASH, sorry.

I don't hate this angle or anything yet though. We'll see where it goes.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I was already sick of NWO when Virgil joined.

they also used the TNA remixed version nWo theme song.. people can play dumb all they want and deny that this is a rehash, but the theme music and encouraged trash throwing at ocean center = REHASH, sorry.

I don't hate this angle or anything yet though. We'll see where it goes.
Its funny how people deny it yet by having it happen in Daytona its almost as if TNA is pushing the fact that IT IS a nWo rehash which is just sad imo.

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
so adding flair into the group magically makes it into this whole differnt thing? thats one minor detail thats different but everything else is basically the same when you break it down

-top babyface turning heel -RVD didnt turn

-trying to take control of the company There not trying to take control they have control

-half the rosters a member Hardy, Beer Money, Matt Morgan, Jarrett, Kaz, Flair is not half the roster. + the nWo needed to have that many members as the original idea was to have enough talent to put on nWo only shows (Thunder). with nWo vs nWo matches like V.K Walstreet vs Horace Hogan. That idea was rejected by TNT though and Thunder became just a 2nd show.

-hogan and bischoff are at the forefronts Bischoff wasnt at the forefront of the nWo for months untill he was 'exposed' by piper

that basically fits the original nWo to a T. Hell even hogan himself called jeff the new hollywood hogan. Im pretty sure if TNA had the rights to the nWo name they wouldve called a just called it the nWo. theres really not much youd have to change for it to be a carbon copy.
They probably would have because the nWo was awesome. But this will never be the same as seeming like the WWE was taking over WCW.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)

-top babyface turning heel -RVD didnt turn-Lol RVD is NOT TNAs top babyface and never was.

-trying to take control of the company There not trying to take control they have control-it doesn't matter its still an overdone story of power struggle

-half the rosters a member Hardy, Beer Money, Matt Morgan, Jarrett, Kaz, Flair is not half the roster. + the nWo needed to have that many members as the original idea was to have enough talent to put on nWo only shows (Thunder). with nWo vs nWo matches like V.K Walstreet vs Horace Hogan. That idea was rejected by TNT though and Thunder became just a 2nd show. -I obviously didn't mean that in a literal sense. But there are so many members now you might as well assume it to be the case.

-hogan and bischoff are at the forefronts Bischoff wasnt at the forefront of the nWo for months untill he was 'exposed' by piper-And? it doesn't change the fact that He was still at one time a very prominent forefronter especially at the groups peak with the whole feud with Sting.

They probably would have because the nWo was awesome. But this will never be the same as seeming like the WWE was taking over WCW.
sure it was awesome for that time but in 2010 its made itself completely redundant. After this I hope we never see the nWo or any carbon copy of it for the next 20 years.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Jeff Hardy wasn't really their top face either (that's Angle to me)... yeah, how this formed, where it took place, and the leaders of the group are similar to the nWo, but the CONCEPT is completely different. They already have power, it didn't start out as two guys claiming to be still with WWE showing up and taking over, Hogan and Bischoff being "they" is similar to Vince being the "higher power", the nWo didn't have a guy the people who were in charge storyline-wise backed as their champ (Hogan was ALWAYS the leader of the nWo despite Bischoff being in it). The most similar stable to the nWo today is Nexus (NXT rookies trying to completely take over Raw, very large stable as well, they attack ANYONE who isn't part of the group regardless if they're face or heel, very rebellious, get involved in matches they have no business interfering in like MVP/Ziggler during live Smackdown and Kofi/Ziggler at Summerslam, etc.) and there are hardly ANY stables based off a completely original concept these days anyway...

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
The thing with the nWo was they were younger and most importantly they were cool. It could've worked so much better if they hadnt had Hogan/Bisch/JJ in the group at all.

I would have booked Hogan and Bischoff to come in as authority figures, keep AJ Styles as the companies big babyface. Then bring in Hardy and RVD. Hardy and RVD then turn on Hogan, which should get them over as heels with Hogan being a babyface. Then have Styles swerve and join them the way Hogan joined Hall and Nash. Eventually Bischoff could join them as a manager to give them authority within the company.

I think a Styles/RVD/Hardy heel stable would get over a lot better with a modern audience, and it would have that "cool" appeal. Nobody really wants to see Jarrett and Abyss, and the fans aren't willing to take Hogan seriously as a heel because they'll cheer him regardless like they do with Flair.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
It's different after all. NWO were street thugs, while 'They' are corporate assholes.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts