Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So from what I read in this week's spoilers, William Regal fired Tyler Reks and Curt Hawkins from NXT Redemption. Seeing as NXT is the bottom of the ladder in this day and age anyways, can anyone else see these guys being the first 2 Superstars to be future-endeavored when the roster cuts start happening? Sounds like they practically layed out their departure on a silver slab.

·
#OVER
11,548 Posts
I assumed they might be cut, but it seems strange to do a firing angle and then actually fire them. Usually they just wouldn't bother doing anything with them if they were just going to fire them. I hope they don't get released though, since I really like them as a team and Hawkins is a great talent.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
If they legitimately fire these guys having just switched Young and O'Neil to Smackdown i will be pissed.

Hopefully it just means that they are coming up with an idea for these two guys to get off of NXT and actually use them on a main brand. Alot of talent has been moving off of NXT lately and i feel they're just freshening it up.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I wondered the same thing after reading the results. Seems odd that they would take the time to do an angle if they were both being let go instead of just forgetting about them so I'd assume that they're getting moved to RAW. Hopefully that's the case as these two, especially Hawkins, deserve TV time a lot more than some of the regulars.

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I assumed they might be cut, but it seems strange to do a firing angle and then actually fire them. Usually they just wouldn't bother doing anything with them if they were just going to fire them. I hope they don't get released though, since I really like them as a team and Hawkins is a great talent.
Reks and Hawkins have been a major part of NXT in the past several months, and have played a role in the main storyline as of late. It makes sense that creative would find a way to write them off of TV, er, the Internet.

And whoever said they'll just go to Raw and SmackDown...they've already a part of Raw and SmackDown. They're just not used on the main shows. In the past month, Lord Tensai, Ryback, Damien Sandow, and Antonio Cesaro have debuted, with more on the way from FCW. To make room, it's time for some people to get the axe.

·
#OVER
11,548 Posts
If anyone gets the axe it should be the likes of Ezekiel Jackson, Titus O'Neil, Johnny Curtis, Derrick Bateman, Darren Young, Mason Ryan and JTG and not talented guys like Curt Hawkins. It's bullshit if he gets released, although I couldn't care less about Reks.

·
The Loose Cannon
5,833 Posts
If anyone gets the axe it should be the likes of Ezekiel Jackson, Titus O'Neil, Johnny Curtis, Derrick Bateman, Darren Young, Mason Ryan and JTG and not talented guys like Curt Hawkins. It's bullshit if he gets released, although I couldn't care less about Reks.
Yeah, exactly. Those guys are weak. I dom like Reks though, they make a great tag team, but who cares about that.

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
Stupid if they are. Especially in Hawkin's case. Young, talented, tons of potential. I'd definitely be disappointed if they were to release him before ever really doing anything outside of the Edgeheads with him. He's one of the best lower carders they have.

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
This better be another part of the soap opera called NXT, or else...

·
Roy "Gambit" Mustang
10,374 Posts
I highly doubt it. If anything I think they start to be featured on Raw or Smackdown now instead.

·
Premium Member
8,587 Posts
I don't care. I rarely ever watch the abomination known as NXT Redemption, but even I know if you're featured on there on a regular basis - your career is going nowhere. Add these two to the list of forgettable guys who couldn't get on regular TV, and will most likely get future endeavored to make room for all the new FCW talent that is debuting. People will harp on about their talent, but their talent is obviously being wasted in WWE, maybe they will join TNA...

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
I don't watch it so I don't know they storyline but I can't see Hawkins getting released, he's the guy that trained with Rock to help him get in ring shape, I think they will probably reward him for that down the road. Even if it's only as a low carder that occasionally gets on Smackdown like Hunico or Gabriel. It would be a great improvement to what he's been doing for the last year or two anyway.

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
I was surprised to see O'Neil/Young moved to the Smackdown Roster. There really isn't much of a ceiling for these guys, unless they are going to stay a tag team.

But to move them two over and cut Hawkins/Reks would be such a bad move. Besides the WWE saying Miz hurt Morrison so bad, they had to let him go, I can't remember a fired angle actually meaning the Superstars were fired. Look at Drew McIntyre, he got fired three-four times in the past couple months..and he was on the Wrestlemania card.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Tyler Reks said:
Finishing out our contractual obligations on the Smackdown Euro Tour. Considering shaving my head when this is all over & starting fresh.
Tyler Reks said:
Unless by some miracle, @WWERawGm decides otherwise...

RT @welshdave2183 @Tyler_Reks hey dude are you actually leaving WWE??
This is quite a sad turn of events considering they were pretty much the reason to why I was looking forward to the next episode of NXT...

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have no information or knowledge to prove it, but decades of watching pro wrestling tells me that this is a work. My guess is that this will be similar to the Awesome Truth angle from last year, and Rex/Hawkins will "invade"/sneak into NXT to get back at Regal and Striker.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts