Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When it comes to Saudi Arabia, Reigns will obliterate Logan Paul. There is no other way.

What?

Logan Paul is going to have offense over the guy who beat Brock Lesnar?

Hell no.

I think, they will try to get him over as face by simply having Reigns murder him infront of the Saudi Crowd, with him trying to get up after every move, showing heart and courage.

Logan Paul might throw a few punches back as an offence, but that will be it.

Most of the planet hates the Paul brothers and they booked this match just to gain attention in a win/win situation.

Win: For the people who hate Logan Paul and want to see him annihilated

Win: They will get him over as face, by not backing down for those who cheer for him

Smart move by WWE.

Controversy generates cash.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hope it’s short, Roman reigns quick win. Superman punch, spear, next.
I don't think it will be short, since they have to give something to the Saudis.

I think Reigns will beat his ass and drag his carcass around for 15 minutes before he ends him for good.

·
Registered
IT'S A WORK!
1,656 Posts
My first thought was it'll be a squash. It should be and it will be.

·
Ho!
20,239 Posts
It's going to be your traditional match/Roman Reigns' snoozefest that Logan might spice up. They'll lock up and Roman will have the upperhand but be toying with Logan. Logan will surprise Reigns and get some good offense in. Reigns will start taking it seriously and shut him down and dominate 60% of the match. Logan will come back eventually and get some nearfalls on Reigns. It'll become a competitive back and fourth match with both guys hitting big moves on the other. Logan will "surprise" us all and kick out of the spear. Reigns will lock in the Guillotine submission he uses to put Logan away, who won't tap but will simply pass out instead.

I'll say it's possible Logan gets out of the Guillotine and then loses to a spear. That's the only thing I see potentially differing from the above. I do think Roman's beating Logan clean though, I guess it's possible he'll need his family to lend some help to get him a dirty win if Logan refuses to do the job clean.

·
Registered
15,359 Posts
There will be shenanigans. Count on that.

·
Sassy Southern
Bless Your Heart
7,947 Posts
They probably will drag it out at the beginning of the match, Roman not taking Logan Paul as a threat and just lets it linger...until Logan gets a few surprising moves in enough that stuns Roman. Wouldn't be surprised if they do the "Roman stumbles over the top rope when intending to spear Logan" move. Shenanigans basically. Clearly in the ring Roman is way ahead of Logan, but I get why they are doing this match and have no issue with it.

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
I would be happy with Reigns squashing him..

BUT -

They are going to want to give the Saudi's a good match, they paid a lot of money for it. Also, Paul has that mainstream name recognition so they are going to try and make him look good.

·
Registered
491 Posts
When it comes to Saudi Arabia, Reigns will obliterate Logan Paul. There is no other way.

What?

Logan Paul is going to have offense over the guy who beat Brock Lesnar?

Hell no.

I think, they will try to get him over as face by simply having Reigns murder him infront of the Saudi Crowd, with him trying to get up after every move, showing heart and courage.

Logan Paul might throw a few punches back as an offence, but that will be it.

Most of the planet hates the Paul brothers and they booked this match just to gain attention in a win/win situation.

Win: For the people who hate Logan Paul and want to see him annihilated

Win: They will get him over as face, by not backing down for those who cheer for him

Smart move by WWE.

Controversy generates cash.
i hope roman wont even show up.

the wwe championship belt is supposedly the most prestigious wrestling title in the wolrld riht now. and i say "supposedly" because logan paul is getting a shot at the title...

in a few years, the legacy of the championship, which was held by sammartino, is going to be remembered as the belt chhallaged by a podcaster for kids.

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
Logan Is facing Reigns for a reason, he is huge over there. The Saudi government specifically requested him as opposed to someone else on the roster die to the optics and publicity it would create as opposed to booking Roman against someone like AJ or Owens who don't hold the same name value. While I don't expect him to win, I do expect him to get some offense in. These shows aren't meant for the average fan, these shows are booked for those who are bankrolling the events. These shows are pretty cool even if they sound better on paper they have still gave us some pretty cool matchups.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Here's the thing. I'm not watching WWE, and find this a pretty great main event.

And that's it, the match isn't for the WWE fans, it is for the casuals (and the Saudi's definitely fall into that considering they wanted to book a wrestler who passed away before).

Casual E fans will all know Logan Paul, and that he made a great account for himself everytime he showed up in the ring. He is going to make people interested in this match and will also get some offence and get a near fall or two which everyone will get behind, before ultimately losing clean.

So yeah, he will get offense in and it will make sense. And everyone who this match is intended for won't be watching in a weeks time.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Hunter sounds like he sees somthing in Logan, I dont think it will be a squash but Reigns will go over the hollywood guy, with the thinking it gives mainstreme cred, dont get me wrong Logan Paul has potential but this match is too soon, build Logan Paul up more and build towards when Reigns needs redemption after his eventual loss of the title possibly to Rocky or Cody on a big stage like a Summerslam, when Paul is built up with credibility, it seems too early in my book.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Floyd shoulda knocked him out if he wanted to control the narrative.

If I was Logan Paul, I'd be saying that I was the only one to beat Floyd and putting that shit in my promos.
I agree Logan should be be cutting promos about beating floyd, and ud go further to call him out, make that rematch money, even if he gets knocked out, it would sell tickets, and floyd ain't half passing for that huge payday.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts