Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if Reigns is getting a little better, or if Harper is just good enough to carry him--or maybe a little of both. But their Smackdown match was pretty good. Given Reigns' very limited body of singles work, I'd say this was his best outing yet. Maybe Bryan and get a great match out of him at Fastlane.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Wasn't better than his match with Orton at SS.

·
Banned
7,268 Posts
Reigns is getting better every week.

·
Men with Ven
4,280 Posts
When I say this I'm not doing it to hate Reigns. Harper is a seriously good worker for such a large man, I hope they jump on that. He could be like the Undertaker.

·
Registered
12,478 Posts
That's the point in making him work with guys who will make him look strong. Working with good workers will do that, it'll make people think Reigns is better than he is because they're making Reigns look strong

·
Registered
18,879 Posts
Don't think it was his best singles match, I remember a few around the SHIELD vs Evolution time where he had some really good singles matches

But of course biased people will continue to say Reigns got carried in any good singles match he has
There was a Batista match that I really liked. It was only like 5 minutes before it ended in DQ but it reminded me to two big hoss beating the shit out of each other like Steiner & Goldberg back in the day.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
It was an okay match. Harper is very good, so it's no surprise that an average worker can have a good match with him. Though, I say Reigns' best outing was probably against CM Punk.

·
Ho!
19,164 Posts
At first I thought this was talking about the Raw match they had a few weeks ago which most certainly wasn't good. I'll watch the SD one tonight to see if there's any weight to this.

I recently re-watched Reigns/Bryan from Raw in 2013 in anticipation for their match at Fastlane. I used to think it was Reigns' best/second best match, but the match was a lot worse than I remembered. I'm hoping Reigns really has improved since then or Fastlane's match will be a disappointing conclusion to what was otherwise a great feud.

Reigns' best and only match of his Id call good in singles competition (legitimately good, not just good for a Reigns match) is the one he had with Rusev on the first Smackdown that aired this year. That was a good *** match that showed Reigns at his best, and Rusev did an excellent job as usual too. After that the Orton Summerslam match is probably Reigns' second best match and while a solid match, that was all Orton and I'd call it overrated from ratings I've seen for it. His match against Rollins in September comes after that and was only alright. Then after that... I don't know . He had an okayish match with Barrett right before Barrett got injured last year. Everything else (and maybe including that match) have been terrible so I'm hoping this Harper match on Smackdown is actually good, and same with Bryan at Fastlane.

Reactions: Trublez

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Anybody who says Harper carried him probably didn't even watched the match.
There was a good offensive for both parts, with nice selling and story telling, nothing bad for a 5 minutes match on smackdown.

The fact is, Roman Reigns main problem is his tv matches are always booked like Goldberg matches, semi squash matches that end with the only purpose of make him look strong.

I think he have a lot of talent, but he needs more single PPV matches to show it, the sad thing is he's probably going to have a great match with Bryan, but everyone here will say that Bryan carried him.

·
Banned
5,743 Posts
Anybody who says Harper carried him probably didn't even watched the match.
There was a good offensive for both parts, with nice selling and story telling, nothing bad for a 5 minutes match on smackdown.

The fact is, Roman Reigns main problem is his tv matches are always booked like Goldberg matches, semi squatch matches that end with the only purpose of make him look strong.

I think he have a lot of talent, but he needs more single PPV matches to show it, the sad thing is he's probably going to have a great match with Bryan, but everyone here will say that Bryan carried him.
Bryan is going to carry him. It's not even debatable. Bryan will be telling him what to do and when to do it.

Brock Lesnar gets carried through all his matches.

The reason is because they have limited experience in the ring. Lesnar looks like a total beast when he is out there but the reality is that he is no ring general or veteran.

He works with top guys and they call the match. He never stayed around long enough to start working with guys as the more experienced wrestler of the two. This why a Reigns/Lesnar singles match could be an absolute dud if it were to occur.

As long as they both look good though it doesn't matter who ''carries'' the match.

·
Premium Member
2,446 Posts
For anyone that missed it. It was quite short but I'll say it was one of his better tv matches from a booking standpoint because he didn't get his ass kicked all match. He came off looking more like the guy they try to sell him as. I enjoyed his recent matche against Rusev as well. Basically it's a shame he's been fighting Big Show so often, he gets nothing out of those matches. Even bryan had his worst match since he returned against bigshow. I don't see why he's doing house shows with Bighow too smh that's not who he should be mixing it up with right now

·
Registered
151 Posts
The Reigns vs Bryan match at Fastlane looks to be amazing, given the rate Reigns is improving at and how good Bryan is technically it should be the best singles match of Reigns yet.

Thanks for reading

1 - 20 of 86 Posts