Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Banned
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seth Rollins addressed crowd and acknowledged that Brooklyn was pissed off after the Raw main event. He put over Kofi Kingston and the fans applauded both men. Roman Reigns came out and was booed, but Rollins reminded fans of the leukemia battle, so that got a pop. Dean Ambrose was out next and spoke about The Shield debuting in the Barclays Center, and put over Rollins, Reigns, and the fans. He said he would miss this and took a bow. The Shield did a fist bump and their music played to close the show. Fans went home happy.

https://prowrestling.net/site/2019/04/08/the-shield-reunited-after-wwe-raw-went-off-the-air/

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Guess Reigns beating Leukemia is a failsafe to make sure Roman never gets booed again.

Fans: "Im not the biggest fan of Roman Reigns"

WWE: "But... but Roman beat Leukemia"

Fans: "Oh shit you're right, Lets go Roman!!!"

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
8,878 Posts
It's the same fuckin Roman Reigns. They have done nothing to try and change him up. No heel turn, no gimmick change, no different promo style, nothing. He wasn't going to ride the leukemia wave forever. The people are looking at the same Roman Reigns that they couldn't stand for the past 4 years. Vince didn't have the balls to put him on live TV in NY tonight for a reason.

·
Lets go to the old mill anyway, get some cider!
15,626 Posts
I was in the crowd for Mania and Roman got almost 0 reaction. He got some slight cheers but the massive boos werent there but NOBODY cared about his match one bit. That's why you saw those waves going in the upper deck.

The consensus of most fans around me was that they have decided to just ignore him now. Everyone is glad he is healthy and back, but they still dont want him pushed as a God.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Seth Rollins addressed crowd and acknowledged that Brooklyn was pissed off after the Raw main event. He put over Kofi Kingston and the fans applauded both men. Roman Reigns came out and was booed, but Rollins reminded fans of the leukemia battle, so that got a pop. Dean Ambrose was out next and spoke about The Shield debuting in the Barclays Center, and put over Rollins, Reigns, and the fans. He said he would miss this and took a bow. The Shield did a fist bump and their music played to close the show. Fans went home happy.

https://prowrestling.net/site/2019/04/08/the-shield-reunited-after-wwe-raw-went-off-the-air/
I think we're probably going to get a lot of that.

Look...Im really, really glad he beat cancer, but if they just decide to keep reminding the crowd of this as they revert back to basically penciling him into every Mania main event for the forseeable future regardless of his reactions or his momentum or the stories hes told...its going to get ugly again real fast.

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,247 Posts
I thought they might have been goofing with how the fans were mic'd up at WrestleMania but Taroostyles says basically nobody was hot for him and was ignoring his match. That Reings/McIntyre bout was one of the biggest dead spots on the whole card. The rap for ages, especially in the "Polarizing Cena" era was the WWE doesn't care what noise people are making, they just want people making noise. Well, if Roman Reigns isn't even getting booed anymore at a WM in NYC, he ought to be pretty concerned, because he might just wind up getting the worst reaction BY FAR for an entertainer: No reaction!

Edit: No to be crude about it, but there's only so much gasoline in the tank for guilt-tripping people into refraining from booing him over cancer. How much longer can they drive the cancer car? Where are we going to be a year from now? 50 or 60 live appearances from now? I hope its still not being chastised for jeering him over the cancer scare! Or will he just be getting crickets a year from now regardless?

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,247 Posts
When he was diagnosed I looked up the type of cancer he had and it said it had minimum 6-12 months treatment then a 12 month recovery, I'm really starting to believe the rumours of him not wanting to do the Saudi PPV and just having a few months off.
My grandmother got squashed like a bug by leukemia. Granted, she was a 60 year old woman, but still. I do have a hard time believing somebody with a leukemia reoccurrence would be filming things for Netflix and come back very muscular and healthy and ready to work full-contact matches in what was it for Roman Reigns, 7 months? Its unsavory to even consider it, but it seems fishy.

Maybe a reoccurrence after a long-term remission isn't as major?

The timeline is something like...

October 22: Roman relinquishs the title
February: My cancer is in remission
By March, he's already working a tag match on television and he works a full-contact 10 minute match at Wrestlemania. That's a hell of a turnaround on blood cancer!

1 - 20 of 98 Posts