Wrestling Forum banner

Reigns booked like a wimpy idiot?

5760 Views 78 Replies 55 Participants Last post by  Red205
I really can't tell if WWE wants us to think Reigns is just a big dumb animal who is barely capable of speech, or a wimpy guy in a protective vest with lady's hair.

I mean they show him walking back to the locker room with a booboo on one arm as he adjusts his luxurious hair for the camera like a seasoned male model. Seemed like a Tyler Breezeish heel move.

Then he lies in waiting like a wimpy heel for a while. He didn't drag himself to the ring like Owens as soon as could or had to, he waited until he was fully healed and then waited some more.

However, instead of sticking with his cowardly heel tactics, he sees Ginger and it just triggers his animal rage so he comes back early? What a big dumb idiot. If he had just waited he could have won easy, maybe HHH wouldn't even have come out. This is all kayfabe of course, but WTF? How am i supposed like this wimpy idiot male model with anger issues character they're giving me?
See less
Reactions: Mr.Amazing5441
I really can't tell if WWE wants us to think Reigns is just a big dumb animal who is barely capable of speech, or a wimpy guy in a protective vest with lady's hair.

I mean they show him walking back to the locker room with a booboo on one arm as he adjusts his luxurious hair for the camera like a seasoned male model. Seemed like a Tyler Breezeish heel move.

Then he lies in waiting like a wimpy heel for a while. He didn't drag himself to the ring like Owens as soon as could or had to, he...
See more
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

· Registered
1,688 Posts
It was Vince's way of keeping him sheltered from the hatred. He thought having Reigns pull the ol comeback routine would get him over.

Fail. Just like this push. I liked H winning, it made sense, but if Reigns vs H is the big payoff, that'll be one lousy main event for Mania. Reigns needs to get his ass to the midcard where he belongs. Vince is so hellbent, it's been 2 fucking years. Enough already. Fans are apathetic to him, or just flat out don't like him.

The crowd reaction for H/Ambrose standoff, is what a crowd sounds like when they want someone to win.

· Registered
984 Posts

Then he lies in waiting like a wimpy heel for a while. He didn't drag himself to the ring like Owens as soon as could or had to, he waited until he was fully healed and then waited some more.

However, instead of sticking with his cowardly heel tactics, he sees Ginger and it just triggers his animal rage so he comes back early? What a big dumb idiot. If he had just waited he could have won easy, maybe HHH wouldn't even have come out. This is all kayfabe of course, but WTF? How am i supposed like this wimpy idiot male model with anger issues character they're giving me?
Also let us remember that his beatdown was so great that he had to be taken to the back but came back and didn't sell the beatdown at all.

· Scared of My Own Shadow
3,030 Posts
What I didn't like with Reigns was when Triple H's music hit, he looked as if he saw a ghost. The heel "oh shit, the conquering babyface is back to kick my ass" kind of look. While the moment didn't last long, in my opinion it made Roman look weak. Instead having that look, I wished he would have stood there ready to fight or instead went outside the ring and took the fight to Triple H. Let the two have a wild brawl outside the ring that would have led to the two going back inside the ring for the Royal Rumble match.

· Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What I didn't like with Reigns was when Triple H's music hit, he looked as if he saw a ghost. The heel "oh shit, the conquering babyface is back to kick my ass" kind of look. While the moment didn't last long, in my opinion it made Roman look weak. Instead having that look, I wished he would have stood there ready to fight or instead went outside the ring and took the fight to Triple H. Let the two have a wild brawl outside the ring that would have led to the two going back inside the ring for the Royal Rumble match.
That's just it, it's like they WANT us to think Reigns is a big pussy and kind of stupid. That's the booking, I don't get it. I keep expecting a heel turn that never comes.

· Registered
1,047 Posts
Well when you run the company and are calling the shots you have the luxury of making yourself look as good as you want. Crotch chopping after the elimination is a total face move by whats supposed to be the evil heel boss. But logic doesnt matter when you are Trips.

· Banned
1,972 Posts
What was hilarious is that he walked to the back. There's your fighting babyface champion, heroically strolling off to gorilla position to have a breather! What a fucking joke. I'm glad he got booed out of the building.

· Registered
8,293 Posts
I actually thought they booked him pretty strongly. Now rusev, that's another story.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.