• Nope, he's not.

Votes: 20 22.2%
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you agree?

I find most wrestlers gets boring, especially during long careers.

Chris Jericho's an exception.

Whether he's champion, midcarder, tag-team wrestler, winning, losing, returning, departing, being suspended, face, heel, tweener ect, he's always interesting.

This new scenario just adds more interest to him. He'll be back and when he does, you know he'll fit it into a storyline that relates to what he's been doing the past 3-4 months.

He's got a few haters, and hey they're always talking about him.

Reactions: eireace

·
Registered
194 Posts
He proves it day in, day out.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
To me, he is always interesting and rarely dissapoints on WWE programming.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
To me that's what makes him who he is and why he's such a key player for the WWE.

He's a utility player, you can stick him anywhere in the show or in the card and he still garners interest from it. The best example for me was in 2009 where he had a fantastic feud with Mysterio and made the IC title look more credible than it has done for years as well as putting together JeriShow and bring credibility back to the tag divison too.

He ended up being, in my opinion, the best wrestler of that particular year and ironically hardly ever stepped foot in main event PPV's that year.

Jericho has always been one to help the quality of the entire product rather than letting ego get in the way and attempt to solidify his legacy by gaining Championships and so on. Although on the flip side his selflessness has ended up giving us stellar matches and feuds with some of the guys who weren't given the opportunity to show what they can do.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
True to his game.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Gotta agree with this. Y2J is always awesome, always very good on the mic (not great, like he used to be, but still very good), very good in ring, can work a great match.

·
Registered
21,621 Posts
Of course he's relevant, he's Chris Jericho. He's not exactly the best in the world but he's pretty damn close.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Jericho is a fool. He should have more sense to know that stamping on a country's flag is an offence
What does the flag have to do with his relevance as an in-ring competitor...?

·
Registered
8,189 Posts
I personally feel like a lot of steam has been taken out of Jericho with the level of jobbing that he's done. While the feud with Punk is good, the initial build up to it was weak, I do think an early victory or something on Jericho's part would've made things a lot more interesting.

Now we see him feuding with Orton.... this will be about as interesting as the Orton and Kane feud, in other words it probably won't be interesting at all. While I will say, I'm very glad that he focuses on putting guys over that he knows will be with the company for a long time, dudes like CM Punk and Orton are already over to begin with.

The WWE has really watered down a lot of the heels, Christian for example was the heel, but he was routinely getting beat up and scared of Orton to the point where it looks like Orton is bullying him... which is kind of just weird, it didn't do anything for him and probably ended up making him look worse. Guys like the Miz and Alberto Del Rio cut bland promo's where the heat they get on the mic feels really forced... their promo's are boring as hell.

Then you get a guy like Mark Henry in and even though the guy isn't a great worker, ratings improve and the product feels rejuvenated because he's a monster heel that isn't always running from other people - in fact he usually just runs over them instead. I think they should've made Jericho look more like a threat basically, I think many of the fans are looking for match ups where you aren't sure who will win, and when Jericho says great stuff on the mic like "the world will never be the same" and it only leads to him jobbing, it kills his credibility as any sort of threat lol.

They did the same thing with Daniel Bryan for awhile, but when they finally gave him a win on Sheamus (who ended up winning the 2 out of 3 falls match), it makes DB a lot more interesting (as opposed to never getting win despite keeping the belt). I think there's a big difference between annoying heels, and heels that are just looking to destroy their opponent and can do it, WWE needs to bring back the old Jericho.

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
Chris Jericho is a wrestling legend with one of the richest histories of all time in this business. He's a top 30 material in any list in wrestling, not only from the Hogan era and not only from the US. Great asset for any company and a multi talented and smart guy.

·
I Mark for Big E. Langston.
2,020 Posts
Maybe my favorite wrestler of all-time. Jericho is as good as anyone on the mic and is a great ring worker.

Just a pretty successful individual in general. Hasn't had any major injuries. Add in his success as an author and his music/hosting/dancing with the stars.

Jeritroll > All.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts