Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
am i the only one that finds it funny that Hogan can no longer draw flies to shit? Him being exposed as a joker/idiot during his sons saga.. it really had lasting effects. Now he's viewed as a nimrod.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Um, yeah, no...

Hogan still draws. He did when they used up their money in 2010 to advertise him.

Problem is, (as much as I love TNA) the quality of everything they do looks sub-par to nearly everything WWE does.

TNA is afraid of taking chances. They wanna go slow and build, and it WILL kill them. They have Panda Energy as their backer and they need to USE THEM!

If their shows had more quality in production, went live/traveled out of the impact zone, and had slightly better matches, in a year's time they could have David Arquette winning their championship and they'd still garner a 2.0 rating.

I'd bet my life on it^^^

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Hogan's not a draw like he was because he's not out there wrestling every week like he used to. It has nothing to do with Nick Hogan. Look at BFG and the reaction he got from the live crowd when he tore off the shirt and turned babyface. He can still control a crowd better than anyone in the business.

·
Banned
1,788 Posts
in hogans defense.... he wrestled one important match in tna.. that was against sting. i dont think many hogan fans get excited to tune in to watch a 60 year old hogan talk. they want to see hogan the way they remembered him....... WRESTLING OR at least trying to wrestle.

·
Registered
11,686 Posts
Hogan is still TNA's top merchandise guy, he's not going anywhere until people stop buying his tshirts,etc.

·
Registered
550 Posts
His Australian tour bombed - they had to cut ticket prices by something like 75% just to avoid empty stadiums.

The ratings boost upon his entry to TNA lasted about three weeks, and that was with other big names and changes.

TNA's crowds are dreadful.

I don't think it's unfair to say he doesn't draw, at least outside WWE. Then again, who does? It's not like anyone else has made a big difference to TNA's ratings and crowds.

·
Registered
21,621 Posts
The problem is nothing to do with Hogan's drawing power, it's more to do with TNA's lack of advertising and marketing knowledge. Vince McMahon could make Hogan seem like an absolute mega star, even now. That's because he wrote the book on how to make stars and how to display them so people want to see them. Where as TNA are miles behind.

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,300 Posts
Hulk Hogan was a professional wrestler. WAS.

Now he can't work a match.

So there is the draw ability taken away.

Plus, he has been such a big name in wrestling for 25 years or so that I do believe people are getting sick of his spotlight-hogging. I for one know that I am. I have even less desire to see Flair/Hogan than I did Sting/Hogan.

It was embarrassing to listen to that guy rambling with Ric Flair on their second-biggest PPV of the year.

They pay Hogan 2 million a year but he just actively detracts from the product.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Was Hogans debut not the highest Impact ratings ever?
Then what happened?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts