Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see these things coming up all the time when someone will describe a wrestler's moveset as befitting a face or heel. For example, people say a lot that Seth Rollins has a face repertoire even though he's a heel. With the exceptions of obvious things like eye pokes, low blows, cowardly bails, and the like, what makes someone's moveset face or heel in character? Provide examples, if you can.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Nowadays I mean if you take a look at guys recently who have done both(Del Rio, Ziggler) the only thing that changes from heel to face is instead of acting arrogant they smile and high five the fans during their entrance, and get their ass kicked 80% of the match. It's fucking stupid

·
From parts unknown
23,267 Posts
You've got them all pretty much.

The ones I would like to see return however are trash-talking / abusing fans and plants and attacking female valets/girlfriends. Given that the current wwe demographic is as childish as it was in the 80s and 90s, they can bring back the hidden foreign objects etc. I think someone like ADR would definitely benefit a lot from a trademark foreign object.

Btw, I think that Seth looks extremely awkward as a heel. At the very least, he isn't a natural heel even though he's been able to get over as one. Not sure how the switch will happen but I'm very interested in him turning face. He has all the goods to end up with a Punk/Bryan-isque following. Which doesn't surprise me given that all three share ROH as a common background.

I'd mark for a Punk/Bryan/Seth Rollins ROH tag team in a heartbeat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts