Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow. I never did get round to checking out Regal, but he is *good*...even if he does seem pretty out of shape. You can definitely see the influence of that old school British wrestling, and he pulls it off excellently.

Of course it doesn't hurt that his opponent was Daniel Bryan:D

As an aside, does Michael Cole seriously not know what a Cravate is, or is he just playing an obnoxious heel? The other week he called one of John Morrisons Capoeira kicks a "parkour move" fpalm

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
That match should of had way more time and happened at a PPV.

·
Tiger Driver '91
2,809 Posts
Regal's great, but unfortunately his character can't be taken seriously anymore. He's obviously absolutely superb on the mic and is a good worker, but age and fitness have caught up with him. Catch some of his stuff outside WCW/WWE and you'll see a stiff worker (much like Danielson) who could put on a show with anybody.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Let me just say...HOLY FUCK! Jesus that was a good little match. While it did not go long, the match had everything I love to see. Regal is so good at what he does, he can make a 4/5 minute match on tv entertaining.......but then you add Bryan and oh man.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I enjoyed the match. And the funny thing is Regal was smiling during his entrance and so was Bryan.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Nice match, but it's a little too short. I also noticed Regal smiling a lot, lol, i wonder if we'll see a program between these two going forward.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Very good quick match that could be excellent if given 20 minutes at a PPV. It was cool to see the respect those 2 have for eacthother and you can tell that Regal is proud of everything Danielson has accomplished. I'd love to see an extended feud out of them but have a feeling that tonight was a one off.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I would love to see Regal as a more on screen mentor to Bryan I think it could work very well. But that match last night waas quality it should have been at least 15 minutes especially with that hot crowd

·
Registered
6,492 Posts
Wow. I never did get round to checking out Regal, but he is *good*...even if he does seem pretty out of shape. You can definitely see the influence of that old school British wrestling, and he pulls it off excellently.

Of course it doesn't hurt that his opponent was Daniel Bryan:D

As an aside, does Michael Cole seriously not know what a Cravate is, or is he just playing an obnoxious heel? The other week he called one of John Morrisons Capoeira kicks a "parkour move" fpalm
Yes it was good, but both are very good wrestlers. I have been a huge Regal fan since WCW, he really is that good.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
It was a very good short match. I'd like to see an actual fued between them, but I don't expect anything. They just let Bryan wrestle his mentor as a gift for Christmas.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Good but criminally short. Fuck you, Raw!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts