Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
YES! YES! YES!
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
PWInsider:
At today's WWE Raw house show in London at the 02 Arena, William Regal told the live crowd that the current British tour would be his last as he would be retiring soon. Regal got one of the biggest reactions of the night for his match against Bryan Danielson.

Regal, who has been extremely underutilized in recent years by WWE, is easily one of the best workers in the company right now. I absolutely would suggest reading his autobiography "Walking the Golden Mile" as it's one of the best WWE-released autobiographies ever.

A few wrestlers I spoke to were surprised by the announcement.
If true, I really hope they let him and Bryan have a legit match on TV before he goes out.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
Re: Regal retiring soon

He'll be a trainer/agent. Not surprised at all.

·
STRONGER THAN A BEAR, FASTER THAN A BUCK!
2,092 Posts
Re: Regal retiring soon

Aw that's sad to hear! I agree give him his last ppv match with Bryan.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
:(

Hopefully WWE will let him have a classic with Danielson before retiring.

·
The Dynasty
473 Posts
When I was younger, I hated Regal because I was all about characters and stuff but I have to say, Regal is one of their best and most real technical wrestler. I'll miss him.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
That's unfortunate since I enjoy Regal, but it isn't surprising since they haven't done anything with him for a long time and didn't seem interested in doing anything with him any time soon. Hopefully he sticks around as a trainer. Going off what little I've seen of NXT, FCW could really use him.

·
GOAT
4,523 Posts
I absolutely adore Regal, bad news that he's retiring, HOPEFULLY he'll stay on our screens, just not in a wrestling capacity.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
A match at Wrestlemania vs. Bryan for the US strap would be awesome

Reactions: RKILLER

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I've been watching Regal wrestle since he was a WCW newcomer in 1993. Before he became "William Regal" he was "Lord" Steven Regal. I'm a little surprised he lasted as long as he did. If he's retiring, it can only be a loss, but for a guy who is 42, it was a Hell of a run. He can still contribute in whatever way is asked such as merely an onscreen prescence like a legends appearence or GM. He can even wrestle once in a while as I imagine a guy like that doesn't stop cold turkey from something he's done for well over 20 years. If it's legit, he'll definitely be missed, if it's part of something bigger that's meant for him, then he's earned it.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Sad but not surprising.. and yes they definitely need to let DBD retire him in a TV match, they kinda teased those two having a match a while ago on NXT but it only lasted a minute, I have no idea why they never actually let him showcase his talent on TV until recently..

·
Riddle me this...
423 Posts
I'm not shocked, but that's a blow. I'm a big fan of Regal and I hope he stays on to help future generations, he has a lot to offer.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,091 Posts
Damn, that news hurts more than I even thought it would, no matter how unsurprising it is.

One final feud for respect with Daniel Bryan would be a class way to go out.

At least he'll definitely remain in a non-wrestling role for the next 3-1/2 years of his extended contract.

·
~Believe~
2,689 Posts
I'm not shocked, but that's a blow. I'm a big fan of Regal and I hope he stays on to help future generations, he has a lot to offer.
I am not shocked at all, and to be honest I was waiting for this to happen. Not in a way where I WANT him to retire, but he has not been used properly since losing the Intercontinental title to CM Punk. He does have a lot to offer but unfortunately the WWE does not notice this and its a shame. He could give the US title a good run, or even the Intercontinental title another good run, he even could of given the ECW title a decent run. If he does retire I hope he gets into superstar management or training because he would be a great asset to those areas. In my opinion Regal is definitely one of the most current underrated WWE wrestlers today.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Yeah they should do a retirement match with DB !!

·
Who speaks for Earth?
625 Posts
It's unfortunate but I'm sure most people saw this coming with his age + time off TV. Hopefully he gets some sort of on-screen role that doesn't involve wrestling... perhaps he could be the new GM?

I'd like to see his last match be with Daniel Bryan, that's something I think most wrestling fans want to see.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts