Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

· SGT. AT ARMS
26,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok the main problem with this whole thing of Cena or King refusing to say Punk is the best in the world is this. King, Cena etc have all said at one time or another "if you hold that title you are the best in our industry" and Punk has held the title for 9 months and has won almost all the matches clean. If he's not the best in the world he wouldn't be one of the longest reigning wwe champions, the whole thing is just stupid.

· SGT. AT ARMS
26,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
this is wrestling

not breaking bad

if punk was face lawler would have no problem giving punk a blowjob in the ring

logic is not welcomed
Ya Lawler will suck any faces cock i know, but Cena of all people should admit that Punk is the best atm because he is the wwe champion. Cena is supposed to be all about respect, he should suck up his pride and admit it. Cena saying he has to believe he is the best in the world was laughable since he's lost the majority of all his big ppv matches and hasn't been the wwe champion in ages.

· Registered
6,897 Posts
Exactly why I don't give a shit about this feud. Lawler and Cena are shitting all over Punk's title reign and WWE is presenting the story as THEM BEING RIGHT. There's nothing to this angle and there won't be anything to it until Punk snaps on Cena for being the one who stole the spotlight from him all year.

I fear the two year long Cena reign we may have to get as a result of WWE burying what's supposed to be it's top title so thoroughly.

· T.P.A.B
18,328 Posts
They're simply not saying it cause they know he only wants it for his ego simple as that. Last thing people usually wanna do is feed narcissistic person's ego even if what they are saying is true.

· Celestial Messiah
39,109 Posts
Honestly, I agree with Cena. And so should all of you, on some level to succeed even in real life, you have to believe on some level that you are the best at the job. Show respect, but bottom line is that you deserve to be the best and that you are the best. Otherwise, its little surprise you accomplish nothing and go nowhere

Exactly why I don't give a shit about this feud. Lawler and Cena are shitting all over Punk's title reign and WWE is presenting the story as THEM BEING RIGHT. There's nothing to this angle and there won't be anything to it until Punk snaps on Cena for being the one who stole the spotlight from him all year.

I fear the two year long Cena reign we may have to get as a result of WWE burying what's supposed to be it's top title so thoroughly.
I didnt know u were psychic. like all those psychic guys who said trible h was gonna beat bork

maybe lets just wait until the damn match ends

· SGT. AT ARMS
26,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not the best in the world but yet holding the belt for months? Yeah, how does that make the belt look good?
Exactly my point. And Lawler saying the belt deserves respect but not necessarily the guy holding it was retarded, even if he has defended the belt fair and square for the last 9 months. What the hell do you have to do to get Lawler's respect anyways? put on funny cloths and dance for the kids?

· Celestial Messiah
39,109 Posts
honestly, i think the entire point of the feud is that just because someone asks for respect that doesnt mean he should get it

lawler is retarded from taking too much headshots in memphis but the basic idea is solid

· Registered
964 Posts
There is a difference between respect and liking. You don't have to like someone to respect them...this is honestly some B A star BS.

· Registered
8,688 Posts
I think this storyline is being built on the fact that not everyone will buy into what Cena and Lawler are saying. Tonight reminded me of last summer, where Punk was portrayed as a heel but in reality was completely justified and much more likeable than the supposed good guys. I was skeptical when he first 'turned' but Punk was great tonight and I wish his entire title reign had been like this. You don't have to cheer for who the company tell you, and with Raw being in Chicago next week I think they're fully aware that Punk will continue to get face pops. Whatever, I'm genuinely excited about this main event storyline which is something I haven't really been able to say since Wrestlemania.

· Premium Member
21,015 Posts
Storyline wise, why should Cena call Punk best in the world when it's only to feed his ego?

Regardless of what they have said in the past, hell, Michael Cole use to hate Daniel Bryan but you should know by now, things change when the roles are switched. Just doesn't make sense for a babyface to call a "heel" the best in the world.

· Registered
6,897 Posts
Honestly, I agree with Cena. And so should all of you, on some level to succeed even in real life, you have to believe on some level that you are the best at the job. Show respect, but bottom line is that you deserve to be the best and that you are the best. Otherwise, its little surprise you accomplish nothing and go nowhere

I didnt know u were psychic. like all those psychic guys who said trible h was gonna beat bork

maybe lets just wait until the damn match ends
I am waiting. I didn't pick either guy to win at NoC (don't really care either tbh, Cena should've won the damn thing back at Raw 1000) just thinking about what'll happen whenever Cena eventually gets the belt back. Could be at NoC. Could be alot later than that.

· Registered
4,413 Posts
Ya Lawler will suck any faces cock i know, but Cena of all people should admit that Punk is the best atm because he is the wwe champion. Cena is supposed to be all about respect, he should suck up his pride and admit it. Cena saying he has to believe he is the best in the world was laughable since he's lost the majority of all his big ppv matches and hasn't been the wwe champion in ages.
Maybe this is the start to Cena turning heel? Yea its been said a million times he never will turn heel, but even if he is a heel, it does not mean he wont make the company money (the main reason why people say they wouldn't turn him heel...)

It would make perfect sense that Cena turns heel because he can say he's won the title 10 times, and Punk hasn't won it as many times, making Cena, in his own mind, the best in the world. This doesn't mean he is a permanent heel. I could see his fans still cheering for him because right now Punk is the heel in this feud and he is still getting the loudest pops.

· Best there ever will be..
4,355 Posts
honestly, i think the entire point of the feud is that just because someone asks for respect that doesnt mean he should get it

lawler is retarded from taking too much headshots in memphis but the basic idea is solid
Yet, just like in real life you don't have to respect the man, you respect the rank/position. Punk is the top of the mountain in kayfabe terms.

"You don't salute the man, you salute the rank. "

· Registered
738 Posts
I think it's funny that before his kindasorta heel turn earlier, John Cena had no problem respecting Sheamus at all, but CM Punk who's been at it longer? Fuck that little bitch, he needs John Cena, God of Jorts and Green T-Shirts' approval!

Edit: He never asked for it before, and as a result no one ever gave it to him. Imagine being in Punks shoes, and everyone just blows you off like you aren't even there. You'd feel pretty pissed off with them lording over you, and to top it off won't even shake you're hand? Thing about this is about ego, about John Cena's ego.

· Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,891 Posts
Holds the top title in wrestling for 12 of the past 14 months...

Not the best in the world?

Could you imagine a team who had won the Super Bowl or Stanley Cup, lost it, immediately won it back and rattled off 3 straight championship victories against top tier opposition? Wouldn't they be the dominant defending champions and the best in the world?

I keep looking at this storyline and I don't understand why Punk is a heel or why he was turned heel. I don't get it.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.