Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A Red Lobster waitress, who said a customer left her a receipt with a racist slur, has received the tip of a lifetime, thanks to a fundraising from online supporters.

After posting a picture of the receipt to Facebook Sept. 10, her story sparked outrage online, prompting a California man to take action. Matthew Hanson, founder of AddictingInfo.org, heard Jenkins’ story and started an online fundraiser called “Tips for Toni” that collected $10,749 in place of Jenkins’ non-tip on the bill for $44.53.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/lifestyle/2013/10/red-lobster-waitress-gets-10k-tip-after-racist-receipt/

I dunno about you but I think this girl lied her ass off and got rich over it. Who in their right mind is gonna write a racial slur on a receipt with their full name on it? The guy said he didn't do it and hired an attorney. Don't blame him. Even if it is real why does she deserve ten grand just for being called a slur? A woman in Minnesota a few days ago had her phone stolen and was urinated on and called a white bitch by a group of blacks. Is Matthew Hanson gonna start a fundraiser for her? Yeah I aint holding my breath.

Anyway I thought I'd see what everyone here thought about this. Do you think she faked it? Maybe someone else did it for her?

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
you really have some deep-seated racist problems

not that i agree with what that woman did, racist or not. even if he had been racist (which I doubt), its a really douchey move just posting it online

·
Premium Member
17,218 Posts
If it's true, it's an amazing story. Some racist bastard has some serious balls. I actually wouldn't blame her for posting the receipt if she'd just blacked out the guy's info. I guess she just wanted to prove it as real though.

"None" for the tip section, yeah. I see that all the time.

·
The Man
25,722 Posts
Yeah idk, guy would seriously have to be an idiot to leave that when his name is on it too. Wouldn't be surprised though, if your a racist you have to be one dumb fuck to hate someone based on their skin color.

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Of course my first question is going to be how she treated the customer. What if she was a complete bitch to them or even if she provided poor service. I am not justifying anything here, but have to wonder why someone would be pissed enough to do this. Yes, I am well aware that there may have been no provocation, but I doubt it.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,166 Posts
For $10,000 I would allow anyone to call me whatever they wanted to. And they could even do it to my face and not on a receipt.

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
For $10,000 I would allow anyone to call me whatever they wanted to. And they could even do it to my face and not on a receipt.
For 10k I would allow them to tattoo the name on me.

·
"Night's Watch! With Me!"
8,030 Posts
Some people are just that dumb/racist that they would write shit like this, but it does feel like we're missing details.

Of course my first question is going to be how she treated the customer. What if she was a complete bitch to them or even if she provided poor service. I am not justifying anything here, but have to wonder why someone would be pissed enough to do this. Yes, I am well aware that there may have been no provocation, but I doubt it.
Even if his service was shitty, there's no reason to take it there. Just leave no tip and move on.

what if she called him a honkie first
cracker ass cracker

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Some people are just that dumb/racist that they would write shit like this, but it does feel like we're missing details.

Even if his service was shitty, there's no reason to take it there. Just leave no tip and move on.
It would take a lot to justify this this, but like you said, I think we are missing some details here. Cultural differences have to be taken into consideration as well. I was a supervisor over a a group of employees that was predominately black and it took me a while to get used to their way of communication compared to my ultra conservative background. I learned over time that some of their abrasive talk really mean s nothing and just how they talk. It's not right or wrong and one is no better than the other, but it just wasn't what I was used to so sometimes I misinterpreted aggression when it wasn't meant that way.

I hope no one takes my comment the wrong way as it wasn't meant to be racist at all. As I said, it would take a lot to justify what they did.

·
Banned
1,217 Posts
Wow, people get beaten, robbed, raped, and have their houses burned to the ground and get a pat on the back and "I'm sorry, bro". This chick allegedly gets called a word on a piece of paper and gets $10,000. This shit crazaaaaay!

·
Banned
8,267 Posts
Although it sucks that someone may of been called a racial slur (If she was indeed called one) I don't think she deserves 10 grand for it.

10 grand could of gone to a charity that may not get a lot. Could of gone towards finding a cure for a disease or something like that. Hell, help the poor.

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
sounds like a work

1 - 20 of 29 Posts