Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please note that i made this thread again to illustrate a point.

Everytime a new person comes onto these forums,, they make the same threads,,

Who is your favourite...............
Who was the best wwe champion...............
And so on.

Its damn annoying,, and also on a semi-related matter, there are newbies making like 15 threads a day, often with a couple of them saying virtually the same thing.

The lastest person to do this is "the peoples champ"

Im all for discussion in many threads,, but this is getting out of control i rekon.

We seem to be discussing the same things over and over and over again.

Anyone else feelin this??

·
Registered
756 Posts
Also another thread that has been shown up alot in the Genral WWE section is Trivia for rep part 2 and what not, ya I agree it''s getting out of hand.

·
Banned
4,310 Posts
Yep, it's really making WE go downhill as far as threads are concerned. Well, actually I created the 'best poster' forums...I guess I took part in it! :) Anyway, nothing can really be done to help this so just try to keep your cool, so ya.

·
Don't rewrite the books, just rewrite the titles,
15,672 Posts
A number of posts before you can start threads would stop new members posting altogether. They just wouldn't bother posting. Alternatively, it could go the other way and they'd spam their way to 50 or whatever.

There are only so many things you can discuss in wrestling. Where things from the past or things that will always be around and keep going (best... etc) there is bound to be repetition. If you don't like it, you don't have to read the post.

If it's something that's been recently discussed, it gets closed (assuming it's spotted). The best thing you can do is not reply at all, as that's what keeps them active. As for the trivia ones, I'll lock them as and when I see them.

·
The North Remembers
20,749 Posts
I thought I noticed a lot of simliar threads popping up lately. It does it get a little of control, but not much you can do about it. It's pretty hard to completely monitor the threads, to prevent the recycled threads.

I guess the best solution is what Flash recommended, avoid posting the recycled threads. Word.

·
What's up, vanilla face?
2,795 Posts
Just don't reply to them dude.

Replying to them only makes the situation worked because they get bumped to the top again. Calling them a half-wit (which they are) doesn't really help the situation.

·
Registered
7,477 Posts
Losing it's credibility? Dude...n00bs have been and will always be. They're everywhere. So them detracting from anything really isn't an issue. But even if that was the case, you've still got the regs to keep the halo shinin'! Me thinks we put in a valiant effort.

·
What's up, vanilla face?
2,795 Posts
Iunno said:
Yeh totally agree, WE is losing all it's credibility thanks to these n00bs.
There shall be and always will be n00bs on forums. There's n00bs on every forums it's not like there WE-Exclusive or something along those lines.

·
Banned
4,310 Posts
Agreed. There's always been a problem with nOObs, and there is nothing you can do to stop them. I'm almost sure something similar to this thread has been started before...

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Wow, I was considering making a thread like this a while ago, so it isn't just getting on your nerves. I will try not to post in them, and it is a easy enough to do that, but there are so many of them. It is a real pain to have to wade through all of this garbage to find the decent threads you want. And if the section only consists of these pathetic threads, they remain at the top.

I guess we just have to get through it, and wait for them to get bored and leave, or get banned. The number of posts thing to start a thread was right too, it is likely to cause a lot more spam than there is already.

So yeah, I guess I'll just deal with it.

Reactions: Harbinger
1 - 16 of 16 Posts