Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I watch alot of slasher movies...both modern say slashers and the one from the 80s...From the 90s I know what you did last summer is an enjoyable movie...I liked the plot..I have been tying to search for some other movies with similar feel but couldnt find any...Any recomendations?...i have seen scream and urban legend so any movie other than these would be welcome..

·
hello
19,529 Posts
In already seeing Scream and Urban Legend you basically have seen the ones I'd recommend. You've surely also seen the Halloween, Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street series then? They're close enough just with a known slasher as opposed to unknown identity.

·
Super Moderator
19,308 Posts
It's really hard to recommend these types of film to someone who already proclaims himself/herself to be a fan of the genre. I don't know what you're trying to find here. If you're already a fan then you already know the great ones out there.

·
Banned
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's really hard to recommend these types of film to someone who already proclaims himself/herself to be a fan of the genre. I don't know what you're trying to find here. If you're already a fan then you already know the great ones out there.
well maybe there is a little gem out there similar to that movie...dont know what happened to todays slashers...they suck big time

·
Banned
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
anybody seen the original my bloody valentine?..just finished my bloody valentine3D...The remake was quite good

·
Banned
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Killers costume with a gas mask and an axe is cool.....It did Quite well At the box office considering the state of todays slashers

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
have you seen Severance? you might like that. it's a bit of a dark comedy though, but there's some great killer moments. honestly most of the ones i would recommend have a comedic aspect, as i find movies like slashers are best when they don't take themselves entirely seriously.

there's also one with Andy Serkis called The Cottage that i think is quite underrated. these are both modern, btw.

as for an older one, i'd recommend The Funhouse. 80's slasher, dude in frankenstein mask chases kids in a carnival funhouse. retty standard slasher, generally enjoyable.

·
40,592 Posts
80s is the decade to go to. The newer ones just aren't trashy enough.

Slumber Party Massacre might be the best one. It's got camp, gratuitous nudity, and a crazed killer with a giant drill. It's actually kinda a satire of the genre, though it works as a legit slasher too, albeit a really absurd one. I mean Scream is a satire too, but it works as the very thing it satirizes. Slumber Party Massacre is the same way, but it's so much more trashy.

Maniac Cop and Student Bodies bring the lulz too.

The original My Bloody Valentine is ok. I like the creepy ending to it. Sleepaway Camp has a really creepy ending too. It's almost unwatchable until that point though.

There are so many others.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
the ending of sleepaway camp is completely ruined by that idiots dialogue. the last line of the movie is so horrendously bad.

unless they intended it to be funny, but hopefully they didn't, considering they actually had a pretty neat ending on their hands.

actually, they might have intended it to be funny, because there's a pretty silly weapon error in the final seconds as well. continuity is a bitch.

·
Banned
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
have you seen Severance? you might like that. it's a bit of a dark comedy though, but there's some great killer moments. honestly most of the ones i would recommend have a comedic aspect, as i find movies like slashers are best when they don't take themselves entirely seriously.

there's also one with Andy Serkis called The Cottage that i think is quite underrated. these are both modern, btw.

as for an older one, i'd recommend The Funhouse. 80's slasher, dude in frankenstein mask chases kids in a carnival funhouse. retty standard slasher, generally enjoyable.
would definately see the funhouse just checked out its plot...The ending for sleepaway camp was surprising...i liked the ending for the original april fools day..

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
its not similar to "i know what you did last summer" but i feel the need to mention "wolf creek" which imo is one of the best horror/slasher films ever made and definetly one of the best films of the last ten years.

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,964 Posts
Black Christmas - Silent Night, Deadly Night:)lmao) - Intruder - Blood Rage are a couple I can think of.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts