Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the forum, so idk what you guys hate and don't hate people making topics about, but, Do you think WWE could ever have the ability to make people REALLY interested in their product again. I mean, look at 90's, WWF was all gimmicks and crazy scenarios. Sure, some were completely un-realistic, but it really made you take an interest in the product and the wrestlers they were producing. People with great gimmicks, and stuff. Now days we have plain names, like John Morrison (big fan of his btw, aha), Tyler Reks, Husky whatever, Wade Barrett. They're all real people names, why not creative names that they used to have, that could just be one word or two. 'Kane', 'Triple H', 'Edge', 'Christian', 'Al Snow' 'Hardcore Holly', cbs naming more. Sure most of those guys are still around, but like they were made in the nineties. :p

Not really thead-worthy, or even a good argument, just pointing out my view. :)

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
I doubt wrestling will reach the popularity it had in the 90s again, but I do see in some ways what you're saying about the wrestlers/superstars. They all seem very cookie cutter and part of that is in the name, but I honestly think it has more to do with semirealism within the generic storylines now played out in WWE.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
they have the ability. But will they use it? Nope. Creative names? lol. they doesn't happen anymore.

Welcome and great topic by the way.

·
Registered
379 Posts
. Now days we have plain names, like John Morrison (big fan of his btw, aha), Tyler Reks, Husky whatever, Wade Barrett. They're all real people names, why not creative names that they used to have, that could just be one word or two. 'Kane', 'Triple H', 'Edge', 'Christian', 'Al Snow' 'Hardcore Holly', cbs naming more. Sure most of those guys are still around, but like they were made in the nineties. :p
Just as a little note, John Morrison had the name Johnny Nitro which was a much better name.

·
Masonic!
1,547 Posts
John Morrison is a horrible example.

He is one of the few who has a name that isn't just for generic purposes.

·
Registered
802 Posts
to us? not at this momment in time but to the kids it will be

·
I'm a Christian
699 Posts
It will never get as big as it used to be, but hopefully it can improve on what it is now, although just recently it has got better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts