Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Come sweet death, one last caress.
9,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, since there seems to be many people complaining about Meltzer, I decided to post some approximates of TNA recent attendances from people who attended the event.

Kent, Washington:

Live report from PWinsider.com (http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=39181&p=1):
The crowd was pretty alive most of the night. Hard to estimate how many people were there. The ShoWare Center looks to hold a decent amount of people. There were tons of seats empty, but I'd say there were well over 500 people there.

Meltzer's estimations (http://www.tnainsider.com/topic/108...onds-to-steiner-recent-tna-attendance-more/):
- Here are some recent TNA attendance figures, courtesy of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter:
* TNA House Show in Kent, WA (April 27) drew 700 fans

----------

Ontario, California:

Live report from PWinsider.com (http://pwinsider.com/article/68175/...vs-roode-tara-in-hometown-and-more.html?p=1):
I'd say there were about 1,000 people in the building....A lot of fans thought that Hulk Hogan was going to be at the show tonight due to the local radio advertising.

Meltzer's estimation:
-Yet to be released.
Looks like Meltzer's numbers aren't far from accurate...I wonder if he's right about PPV's buyrates, too. I sure hope not.

·
Banned
966 Posts
Re: Recent TNA attendance figures (Washington State and California) - MELTZER/NO MELT

Wait I thought Meltzer hates TNA? That's what a lot of people say here. Than why is his number higher than than that fans count? Truly shocking.

His website partner Bryan Alvarez was at the Kent show with friends. He also said the venue was hard to count but people in his group agreed on 650.

Anyway glad to see TNA get some good news in Cali and interesting to see Pope on the card.

·
Come sweet death, one last caress.
9,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Recent TNA attendance figures (Washington State and California) - MELTZER/NO MELT

I was there, does anyone have any questions?
Well, is the number estimated (approximately 1,000 in attendance) true?

·
Registered
5 Posts

I didn't really pay attention to the numbers. I saw plenty of people there, but I couldn't give you a good estimate sorry. People were having fun though.

·
Premium Member
44,378 Posts

Meltzer isn't as accuarte as people give him credit and that doesn't always apply to TNA either. How about that story last year that Rock Vs. Cena was going to be cancelled. Yeah, what happened with that?

·
Registered
3,140 Posts

I was at the Ontario show last night, there were 500-600 people there. No more than that.

·
Banned
2,080 Posts

LMAO.TNA section is hilarious. 700 fans or 1000 fans what fucking difference does it make?

Any number less than 2000 for attendance figure shows how miserable this company is.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts

Meltzer isn't as accuarte as people give him credit and that doesn't always apply to TNA either. How about that story last year that Rock Vs. Cena was going to be cancelled. Yeah, what happened with that?
Meltzer marks are the worst of them all

·
Banned
966 Posts

LMAO.TNA section is hilarious. 700 fans or 1000 fans what fucking difference does it make?
Nah it is life or death

Meltzer marks are the worst of them all
Nah the people who pass judgement and tell you his life story without ever reading or listening are much worse.

·
Registered
442 Posts

Any number less than 2000 for attendance figure shows how miserable this company is.
Hey vyed are you mentally retarded?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts

Hey vyed are you mentally retarded?
^ he isnt really, after being around for 10 years and the 2nd biggest company in the US, u would hope to be bring in some bigger crowds by now

·
Registered
442 Posts

Yeah but they're 2nd by a huge mile so i don't really see why 700 is bad. If they were around a similar size then obv itd be horrendously bad

·
Registered
10,124 Posts

Aren't they both the same age more or less and ROH may out draw them but is the difference even that big?
Yes, ROH is making so much money than TNA :kane
You can clearly see it production wise...
That's why this guy on my signature "jumped ship"

·
Registered
2,717 Posts

The thing that makes TNA look so terrible is they run these shows in arenas with capacities of 7000-10000-15000 people.

1000 in a place that holds 1000 comes off so much better than 1000 in a 7000 seat arena.

ROH is small but acknowledges this and works with it. TNA just pretends its WWE and ends up looking like a bad indie show starring washed up wrestlers.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts

The thing that makes TNA look so terrible is they run these shows in arenas with capacities of 7000-10000-15000 people.

1000 in a place that holds 1000 comes off so much better than 1000 in a 7000 seat arena.

ROH is small but acknowledges this and works with it. TNA just pretends its WWE and ends up looking like a bad indie show starring washed up wrestlers.
Are you really using the "TNA only pushes ex wwe guys argument" in 2012?
What was the attendance number when they did impact in the UK? What's their average attendance number outside of the US?

1000? I don't think so...

·
Banned
4,096 Posts

Are you really using the "TNA only pushes ex wwe guys argument" in 2012?
What was the attendance number when they did impact in the UK? What's their average attendance number outside of the US?

1000? I don't think so...
ask any person in usa and they will tell you the same thing about the importance any country from theirs has,

who is getting most of the sceentime, Hogan

who is on the programmes the posters and most of the intro, Hogan

who is getting the title shots apart from aj and storm, the veterans who mian evented this company close to three [email protected]***ng years ago

Yeah but they're 2nd by a huge mile so i don't really see why 700 is bad. If they were around a similar size then obv itd be horrendously bad
ASW in england gets 2000 attendees at butlins every year

PBW in scotland gets just over a thousand once a year

AWR in Ireland got 2000-3000 once a year

heard of them? how many people heard of tna?

·
Registered
10,124 Posts

ask any person in usa and they will tell you the same thing about the importance any country from theirs has,

who is getting most of the sceentime, Hogan

who is on the programmes the posters and most of the intro, Hogan

who is getting the title shots apart from aj and storm, the veterans who mian evented this company close to three [email protected]***ng years ago

ASW in england gets 2000 attendees at butlins every year

PBW in scotland gets just over a thousand once a year

AWR in Ireland got 2000-3000 once a year

heard of them? how many people heard of tna?
Hogan wasn't on TV for what? six months? during the whole roode vs storm feud.
Then he came back as the GM where of course he has to announce matches and stuff but everyone takes to the limit "OMG! STEALING THE SPOTLIGHTZ!"

- TNA is the second biggest company in the US, paint it anyway you like it but it's a fact.

"who is getting the title shots apart from aj and storm, the veterans who mian evented this company close to three [email protected]***ng years ago"

This is the problem, you're judging TNA for their past, not their current product.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts