1,678 Posts
Maybe TNA can become the next NXT?

·
Registered
10,124 Posts

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
They have TV and PPV in Orlando which is free to attend. Can't say anything about house show numbers when they're always in Florida. They should be doing TV and PPV outside Florida too, because you can't live off freeloading tourists and regulars.

·
Banned
966 Posts
source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

More Meltzer bullshit... who cares for what he says?
Love this Meltzer is a TNA hater meme.

Bryan Alverez (another TNA hater obviously despite the glowing review he gave it) was at the Kent show and the consensus seems to be that it drew 650.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Love this Meltzer is a TNA hater meme.

Bryan Alverez (another TNA hater obviously despite the glowing review he gave it) was at the Kent show and the consensus seems to be that it drew 650.
Kinda funny cause if you just looked at the ticket website, they had roughly 850 tickets sold before the show and that is not counting freebies.

Meltzer is a numbers fudeger and a TNA hater, he just makes up shit, that is fact.

All that said TNA should just pull off the road if these are the numbers they are going to draw, really no point anymore if you are going to draw 400-700 people.

·
Registered
11,706 Posts
Not surprise, TNA house shows are not strong line ups. House shows before the Monday night wars used to be treated like EVENTS.

For example: TNA Basebrawl. The reason why that event is so successful because TNA actually put in work and try to go all out for the annual Basebrawl show. Why can't all the house shows be like that.

1. I think TNA should tell Sting to do at least 1 house show per month. Sting vs. Flair in a Legends match will draw. Just ask Dundee and Lawler.

2. Gimmick matches, there's no such thing as going overboard with gimmick matches at a HOUSE SHOW. There was 11 Wargames matches in 1988 and it was successful.

·
Banned
966 Posts
Kinda funny cause if you just looked at the ticket website, they had roughly 850 tickets sold before the show and that is not counting freebies.
Link me, show me

Meltzer is a numbers fudeger and a TNA hater, he just makes up shit, that is fact.
fpalm

Or he gets the offical numbers from TNA.

Another report this time by a fan from another "TNA hater" site PWTorch:

I tried to do a rough headcount before the show started, and it looked like there were around 550-600 people in the building. The floor seats were mostly full, but the bowl seating was scary empty. There was an entire section of seats that were empty. Some sections (like mine) had ten people in them. The event was held at the Showare Center in Kent, Wash., which usually holds 7,300 people. For wrestling and MMA, they close off half of the arena, which would make capacity for this event about 3,650.
http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/Arena_Reports_10/article_60846.shtml

·
Registered
377 Posts
Link me, show me

fpalm

Or he gets the offical numbers from TNA.

Another report this time by a fan from another "TNA hater" site PWTorch:

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/Arena_Reports_10/article_60846.shtml
The ticket site is not up cause the show is over but if you did a count like I did cause I was bored you would have seen circa 850. as of a couple days ago. You could go seat by seat and it was 800- 850 2 days before the show, FACT.

He does not get numbers from TNA, TNA does not report them. He just guesses from "fan" reports. Meltzer does not have inside info, at all. This is the problem right here, people actually believe that proven liar Meltzer and WO and he never retracts when people call him out on obvious fabrications.

Pwtorch are TNA haters so of course they will put out the one arena report that prove their TNA sucks point. I am sure this guy is a "TNA" "FAN",LOL!(Y)

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
eally no point anymore if you are going to draw 400-700 people.
The expensive talent doesnt work houseshows, so the attendence + merchandise sales are still profitable, even with 400 fans. And they dont need any expensive stageset, special effects or camera crew for those shows either.

·
Banned
966 Posts
The ticket site is not up cause the show is over but if you did a count like I did cause I was bored you would have seen circa 850. as of a couple days ago. You could go seat by seat and it was 800- 850 2 days before the show, FACT.

He does not get numbers from TNA, TNA does not report them. He just guesses from "fan" reports. Meltzer does not have inside info, at all. This is the problem right here, people actually believe that proven liar Meltzer and WO and he never retracts when people call him out on obvious fabrications.

Pwtorch are TNA haters so of course they will put out the one arena report that prove their TNA sucks point. I am sure this guy is a "TNA" "FAN",LOL!(Y)
There is so many things wrong with this post that I wonder if you ever read the Observer. Seems like you cant be objective about TNA if you dont report positive news every single time here.

Your claim isn't fact as you cant supply evidence and to me at least your track record for credibility is unknown. Next time you get numbers do a screen grab for me.

You say Meltzer has no inside info yet he was first to report on Lord Tensai & Lesnar returning and what Rey failed for this morning. He only spoke to Dixie on record a couple of weeks ago with news that was never published before. The Observer does have a section in the newsletter for retractions and clarifications.

Sorry dude but your own lack of knowledge of Meltzer's reporting is really hurting your own case here.

The expensive talent doesnt work houseshows, so the attendence + merchandise sales are still profitable, even with 400 fans. And they dont need any expensive stageset, special effects or camera crew for those shows either.
That's all very true their merchandise per head is up there and beyond even peak WWF/E. But Seattle is the other side of the country.

·
Registered
377 Posts
There is so many things wrong with this post that I wonder if you ever read the Observer. Seems like you cant be objective about TNA if you dont report positive news every single time here.

Your claim isn't fact as you cant supply evidence and to me at least your track record for credibility is unknown. Next time you get numbers do a screen grab for me.

You say Meltzer has no inside info yet he was first to report on Lord Tensai & Lesnar returning and what Rey failed for this morning. He only spoke to Dixie on record a couple of weeks ago with news that was never published before. The Observer does have a section in the newsletter for retractions and clarifications.

Sorry dude but your own lack of knowledge of Meltzer's reporting is really hurting your own case here.
would not have been possible to do a screen grab , you would have had to go section by section like I did and you would have gotten the same numbers I did.

Sure he may retract a statement but never to the extent that these smark bs fans realize that the statement he made was pure lie and he did not know and he just said something to make news. Meltzer does this all the time, Chris Sabin ain't coming back for a while yet 2 weeks later hes back, BFG and Lockdown Attendance, Attendance for the show in Knoxville. All his numbers get proven wrong and you can see by your own eyes that its false but he never retracts the bs he puts out.

Meltzer has sources in WWE and WWE is a public company so he can find info there. Maybe Dixie did do an interview with him, but that was a one time thing. I highly doubt Dixie or anyone in TNA are giving these numbers to Meltzer, he has been proven time and time again a liar and fabricator.

·
Banned
966 Posts
So you dont read the Observer?

Re: Sabin I dont know what the true story is but creative plans do change and people can get second opinions from doctors. Either way this hardly a credibility destroying thing. Sabin is known for working through injury too.

Sure he may retract a statement but never to the extent that these smark bs fans realize that the statement he made was pure lie and he did not know and he just said something to make news.
Please knock this off unless you can display youve read the newsletter for a substantial amount of time. As this just comes off as TNA fanboy attack the source nonsense.

Link to this proof on these attendances? I hope if isnt from some oddball TNA fanpage and is from a source with credibility.

This place always puts me in the position of Meltzer defender but it is case of relatism as people are so anti often for reasons that are so off base or untrue like the "he's a TNA hater" or "has no sources."

·
Banned
380 Posts
“Dirt Sheets are for losers” Eric Bischoff quote

·
Banned
2,080 Posts
LOL last time I checked 600 fans for house shows. Now its even lower.

This company is an embarrassment.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts