Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I wanted to do a little topic here on recent talent from the last few years or so, that you feel should have made it ... but didn't.

For me personally, and I know some may disagree on this, but I feel that Tyler Reks should have made it and had more of a push, I know he decided himself that he wanted to leave the WWE and that the WWE were supportive of that with him, however I think they could have used Tyler Reks as a really good dominant heel within the company, he had the look, was good in the ring and could have really gone on to be quite an intimidating heel I think.

He was always paired up with Curt Hawkins jobbing, not a bad thing, as Hawkins was great but I just felt that there was more Tyler Reks could have done in the company, than being in that position (probably the same goes for Curt Hawkins too as it goes), he could work too, and wasn't that bad on the mic either from what I recall, I know he used to last quite a while in the battle royals too, quite often, which I thought he was on the verge of getting a decent push in regards to this.

But yeah, I think he definitely had the look, he could work a match, and his mic skills weren't that bad either, however what are your thoughts in regards to this and who else do you feel should have made it further on the roster, but didn't.

Reactions: BigEvil2012

·
Banned
136 Posts
I was bored today so I watched The best of Raw and Smackdown 2013 on Netflix, saw Tyler Reks and thought the exact same thing as OP. I remember when he first debuted and thinking he had potential.

·
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was bored today so I watched The best of Raw and Smackdown 2013 on Netflix, saw Tyler Reks and thought the exact same thing as OP. I remember when he first debuted and thinking he had potential.
Yeah, he really did, he'd definitely have been a good heel!!!

·
Premium Member
15,004 Posts
Scotty Goldman

May not have reached the level of success Punk has but I always felt there was a market in WWE for Colt Cabana. He's a damn good worker and beyond that, is a damn good character. Here you have a fun loving guy, in the essence of Santino but when it's time to get tough (like his feud with Homicide), he works just as good in that department.

By the time he came to WWE, he had been in the business for 7 years at that point. Just in my eyes, if anybody on the indie scene had the WWE style mastered, it was Colt because for every Danielson, Nigel or Morishima hard hitting match, you had him pretty much wrestling as if he was on RAW in front of 15,000 people, instead of in Chicago Ridge in front of 750.

For the life of me, I'll never understand what went wrong. I've recently read that he's had/having a tryout but IMO, he shouldn't have been let go in the first place. When you got a lot of guys on the roster that suck or really have no kind of character, you got a Colt Cabana who, again, I always felt was WWE ready.

·
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe he'll re-appear then at some point :)

·
Registered
243 Posts
I second Scotty Goldman/Colt Cabana. This guy is a total package then they just let go him just like that. I hope he'll come in WWE, even as. A commentator would be fine.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Colt Cabana said recently on the Steve Austin show that he was heading down to NXT for an announcing try out soon. Please, let him replace Lawler!

·
Registered
16,460 Posts
Tyler Rekks was one of those guys who I really thought would make some form of impact, the guy second gimmick as the silent beast was pretty awesome and with the right manager could have been something great, or at least a good mid card talent. I guess he was lost in the shuffle especially as Shemaus was having a similar heel gimmick at the time.

·
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wouldn't say that John Morrison and Drew McIntyre didn't make it though to be honest, but I agree they should have had bigger pushes

·
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tyler Rekks was one of those guys who I really thought would make some form of impact, the guy second gimmick as the silent beast was pretty awesome and with the right manager could have been something great, or at least a good mid card talent. I guess he was lost in the shuffle especially as Shemaus was having a similar heel gimmick at the time.
Yeah, I think Tyler Reks has a much more dominant look than Sheamus too

·
Keeping the red flag flying high
2,044 Posts
Not so much didn't "make it" more that they never got to where their talent deserved.

Mr Kennedy
MVP
Carlito
Shelton Benjamin (atleast from an in ring stand point)
Scottie Goldman/Colt Cabana (could've been HUGE as a comedy character)

·
Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
6,866 Posts
None. Those who had potential are still there...it´s those who didnt have IT that they kicked.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts