Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A lot of areas in the WWE need rebuilding, but I believe that the Women's division should be top of the list. There are a lot of talented female wrestlers out there that deserve just as much recognition as their male counterparts.

This is how I would rebuild the divas division.

Championships
WWE Women's title = Main title 1 (RAW)
World Women's title = Main title 2 (SD)
Divas title = mid card title (NXT & Superstars)
Women Tag titles (All Shows)

Wrestlers

RAW -

Faces
Kelly Kelly
Naomi
Mickie James
Tara
Brittani Knight

Heels
Eve
Sara Del Rey
Gail Kim
Kharma
Ivelisse Velez

Smackdown

Face
AJ Lee
Layla
ODB
Winter
Natalya

Heel
Beth Phoenix
Cheerleader Melissa
Tamina
Raquel Diaz

NXT and Superstars

Face
Aksana
Alicia Fox
Rosa Mendes
Kaitlyn
Caylee Turner

Heel
Nikki Bella
Brie Bella
Maxine
Velvet Sky
Cameron Lynn

This is how the process should work:

Work with the current Divas and gradually have 5 minute matches.
Work with the current Divas and have matches that last longer that 5 minutes
Start building gimmicks for current talent
Start having divas matches @ PPV that last between 10-15 minutes
Bring up FCW Talent with proper gimmicks
Bring in Talent from other promotions such as Del Rey, Cheerleader Melissa etc...
Bring in the 3 New titles that I mentioned at the top of this post alongside the Divas Championship
Finally set out the roster like I have above.

(Y)

(Y)

·
Still searching
4,391 Posts
Firstly, No Kharma??

Secondly, Four womens titles is too many, they can barely make one seem credible. 2 would be reasonable though, be that 2 main singles, or 1 single and 1 tag team.

Thirdly, I'd love the Womens Division to pick up a bit, but I can't see WWE doing anything much about it anytime soon.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Firstly, No Kharma??

Secondly, Four womens titles is too many, they can barely make one seem credible. 2 would be reasonable though, be that 2 main singles, or 1 single and 1 tag team.

Thirdly, I'd love the Womens Division to pick up a bit, but I can't see WWE doing anything much about it anytime soon.
Awesome Kong is Kharma.

onto your second point: I think the way I set the division out that it would be quite easy to make the titles credible. That's Why the more talented or popular divas are on the main shows competing on the main shows for the main titles whereas the less talented divas compete on NXT and Superstars for the less prestigious Divas Championship. Also since there are a lot of diva tag matches I think it would be a good idea if they were chasing something instead of just the win.

If you read the OP you will see that I listed Kelly Kelly on the main roster with the talented divas and say to yourself "kelly kelly isn't talented she suck", I agree with you but you can't argue that she isn't over so that's why I think she belongs on the main roster.

Lastly sadly the WWE isn't doing anything with the division at the moment but we can always hope in the future.

(Y)

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Opening Post Edited:

The Following Divas Were added from FCW:

RAW:
Brittani Knight
Ivelisse Valez

Smackdown:
Raquel Diaz (Vicki Guerrero daughter)

NXT and Superstars:
Carlee Turner (Alicia Fox's sister)
Cameron Lynn (one of Brodus Clay's dancers)

(Y)

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
I am all for more focus on Women's wrestling in the WWE but there is NO WAY that they will ever give the Divas enough TV time to say their should be 4 titles (nor should they) How about the WWE figures out how to book a women's division centered around 1 title and a smaller divas roster correctly before we add 3 more titles and bunch more divas to the roster.

My advice would be to not worry about the WWE's women's division so much and if you are really into women's wrestling I would watch TNA and Shimmer more.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Piss break.
Not to be rude, but this is the reason why the division is going nowhere.
People don't care whereas they should care.
There are a lot of female talent that can put on a better match than some of the current male talent on the main WWE roster.
The fact that the division can reach huge heights if built correctly.

I'll admit about 6 months ago I had the exact same opinion as you then realised how much talent is out there and what WWE can do to the division if the right measures are taken.

(Y):):):)

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
I'm glad your trying but the Tag Division needs a bigger push in the right direction as the diva's division is already dead.

·
24,745 Posts
Not to be rude, but this is the reason why the division is going nowhere.
People don't care whereas they should care.
There are a lot of female talent that can put on a better match than some of the current male talent on the main WWE roster.
The fact that the division can reach huge heights if built correctly.

I'll admit about 6 months ago I had the exact same opinion as you then realised how much talent is out there and what WWE can do to the division if the right measures are taken.

(Y):):):)
Where I agree with you on the talent aspect of women wrestlers that are out there (some with the WWE) The WWE can not devote to much of their TV time to women's wrestling sadly b/c of the market they need to appeal to. A larger % of the market they are counting on to support their product do not care less about or for Women's wrestling than do.

Like I said earlier I would jsut focus more on the KOs on Impact and Shimmer to get your women;s wrestling fix for now. I do have some hope for the Divas division improving in the future based on some of the signings they have been making starting with AJ a couple years back, but the Divas division in the WWE will never be anything close to your vision of it OP.

·
Rated R Superstar
14,586 Posts
OR...they could just scrap the Diva's division and have all the diva's who are worth a damn become managers and just release the others. I'd prefer that, then we wouldn't have to watch them "wrestle" any more.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Where I agree with you on the talent aspect of women wrestlers that are out there (some with the WWE) The WWE can not devote to much of their TV time to women's wrestling sadly b/c of the market they need to appeal to. A larger % of the market they are counting on to support their product do not care less about or for Women's wrestling than do.
Yes but surely 2 matches a show isn't too much to ask for.
I mean just look at the possible matchups from the roster that I created

Raw

Mickie James vs Kharma
Tara vs Gail Kim
Mickie James vs Gail Kim
Tara vs Kharma
Brittani Knight vs Gail kim
etc.....

Smackdown

AJ vs Beth
Tamina vs Natalya
Natalya vs Beth
Cheerleader Melissa vs Winter

etc.....

(Y)

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm glad your trying but the Tag Division needs a bigger push in the right direction as the diva's division is already dead.
I have to politely disagree.
At least tag matches get some time and there are some credible tag teams.
Whereas the divas matches struggle to last over 2 minites and the champion (Beth) gets squashed in under a minute. I mean when was the last time we saw our Divas Champion Beth on tv..... I can't even remmeber.

OR...they could just scrap the Diva's division and have all the diva's who are worth a damn become managers and just release the others. I'd prefer that, then we wouldn't have to watch them "wrestle" any more.
If you just read my opening post you will see that the main roster is packed with talent that can put on better matches than the like of: Alex Riley, Tatsu, Ryder etc....

(Y)

·
24,745 Posts
Yes but surely 2 matches a show isn't too much to ask for.
I mean just look at the possible matchups from the roster that I created

Raw

Mickie James vs Kharma
Tara vs Gail Kim
Mickie James vs Gail Kim
Tara vs Kharma
Brittani Knight vs Gail kim
etc.....

Smackdown

AJ vs Beth
Tamina vs Natalya
Natalya vs Beth
Cheerleader Melissa vs Winter

etc.....

(Y)
Preaching ot the choir to me man, but the fact still remains no matter how great the matches and fueds are won't matter to a large % of the WWE audience, which is the sad reality, if its woemn's wrestling there is a large % of the WWE audience that will just tune out or not care regardless of the quality.

Honestly 1 match/show is probably all we will ever get, and honestly until they can improve the quality of the 1 match/segment the Divas get per show now I wouldn;t want them to add to it. I would though love to see more Divas being used as valets/managers like they are using The Funketttes currently.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Preaching ot the choir to me man, but the fact still remains no matter how great the matches and fueds are won't matter to a large % of the WWE audience, which is the sad reality, if its woemn's wrestling there is a large % of the WWE audience that will just tune out or not care regardless of the quality.
But isn't the main reason we watch the WWE is to be entertained by great in ring talent. Shouldn't we be looking forward to an epic encounter between Beth and Nattie instead of a goofy 5 min segment involving Khali and Hornswoggle.

Wouldn't we want to watch a match between Awesome Kong and beth instead of a worthless match between A-Ri and Khali.
(Y)

·
Registered
647 Posts
Natalya
Kharma
Beth Phoenix
Eve Torres
Raquel Diaz
Layla
AJ
Kaitlyn
Tamina

Give them at least five minute matches, rather than 30second ones every week and you'll gradually get the fans behind them.

If you really need women like Kelly Kelly, Fox & the Bellas, then use them strictly as "eye candy" like how they're currently using the Funkettes.

A few years ago this used to be the case. You would have Trish, Lita, Mickie, Victoria, Molly etc all wrestling for the title and people like Stacy, Torrie, Terri, Debra being used as valets. Only occaisonally would you get one of the "eye candy" divas mixing it with the wrestlers (Christy Hemme, Candice etc).

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Natalya
Kharma
Beth Phoenix
Eve Torres
Raquel Diaz
Layla
AJ
Kaitlyn
Tamina

Give them at least five minute matches, rather than 30second ones every week and you'll gradually get the fans behind them.
THIS!!!

start the rebuilding slow, then gradually have divas matches that last longer than 5 mins.
The rebuilding that I am talking about shouldn't happen right now, rather it should be a slow process.

This is how the process should work:

Work with the current Divas and gradually have 5 minute matches.
Work with the current Divas and have matches that last longer that 5 minutes
Start building gimmicks for current talent
Start having divas matches @ PPV that last between 10-15 minutes
Bring up FCW Talent with proper gimmicks
Bring in Talent from other promotions such as Del Rey, Cheerleader Melissa etc...
Bring in the 3 New titles that I mentioned in my OP alongside the Divas Championship
Finally set out the roster like I have in my OP.

(Y)

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Also Women wrestling legends such as Trish and lita will help bring back interest in the division.
Then when WWE have enough interest back, they can both fully retire and let the current talent really shine.

(Y)

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
It does have zero credibility right now. I'd be in favour of having a women's tag team champion belt to also help with the poor state the Tag Team Championship is in and expanding their matches to give show of the Diva's actual skills. Try and treat them as athletes as opposed to pure titillation.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
with PG it is dead

they need to go back to mud wrestling, evening gown matches, nudity and stuff
A bit of Tits and ASS would be good with the divas that aren't very talented but the women wrestlers that have talent should never be brought down to bra and panties matches, mud matches etc....

(Y)

1 - 20 of 61 Posts