Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[Spoilers BEWARE]

Why did Dixie and the creative staff bring them back in your opinion?

1) That study that said ECW like hardcore wrestling is most preferred by fans

2) Bait Heyman into TNA by using his old talent and buddies to lure him in

3) Other

Thoughts?

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
Other. Dixie is a dumb mark bitch for everything that happened in the 90s. Heyman isn't gonna come in for this shit. He likes to push younger guys. And all of the main ECW guys have been in TNA for awhile now and it hasn't helped anything so that should inform them about their research.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And all of the main ECW guys have been in TNA for awhile now and it hasn't helped anything so that should inform them about their research.
Very true. I think this angle will give them a good pop in the ratings for 1 or 2 weeks then will dip down.

If you get data that people liked women wrestling you don't bring in Mae Young you put out Velvet Sky!

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Majority of TNA roster is filled with ppl who used to be with WWE, so now they're getting the ECW part of it.

I always see TNA crowds as old wrestling fans who can't get rid of the past. Even a sign at TNA that said something like "got attitude? TNA does" which was an obvious attitude era reference.

Not saying that's what every tna fan is like but when I first started watching TNA that's what I really thought and I still see signs of it now. Parts of TNA reminds me of attitude era last year with the stable wars and stuff, but other parts from this year remind me of just WWE in 2004 but if they didn't start pushing new talent slowly starting from that year.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
I don't think it's a bait for Heyman, because don't most of the old ECW guys not like him anymore? I thought I had read somewhere that said Team 3D pretty much hate him.

·
Damn Fine Cup of Coffee
12,954 Posts
Ratings and money. Everyone loves a blast from the past but no one like's it overstaying it's welcome so TNA needs to be careful.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.