Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

The reason that there are so many multiple person matches being booked is that right now the booking is slow. They have plans to heat things up in July and August for SummerSlam and know where they want to go, but really don’t have a lot of ideas for right now, so they’re just using multiple person matches to fill the time.

Reactions: Ace

·
Actively avoiding Testicular Torsion
4,025 Posts
Great, have 50 PPVs a year but don't know what the fuck you want to do in between.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I like this time of the year because it always seems like the time they try different things in it and see how it works because they can't do such things in season between Summerslam and Wrestlemania.

That doesn't mean that I like the things they are doing.

·
Premium Member
18,186 Posts
For such a global company who pride themselves on never taking a break and delivering weekly TV they really do think about short term gains WAY to much. You want a longer time to build a show? Stop hosting 2 PPV's a month.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Another reason could be that multi man matches with B+ players almost adds up to the some amount of Star Power as The Rock, Triple H, Austin, HBK, Undertaker did in singles matches.

6 man tags and Fatal Four ways hide the weak roster :vince$

·
Super Moderator
25,842 Posts
Code for "We're too lazy to come up with compelling feuds between individuals so let's just throw a bunch of guys into a multi-man feud and match." No wonder ratings are in the toilet.

·
I clearly felt the tap
4,488 Posts
WON act like this is a recent thing and they haven't been booking random pointless multi-man matches on RAW and SmackDown for the last 5 years.

·
★ Liverpool FC ★
2,460 Posts
"Because they don't really have any ideas?" For fuck sake, that's exactly what they're paid for. Do you job, peasants! :botch
It's annoying that most episodes only feel like fillers for the PPV's as well.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
It really shouldn't be much different than it is any other time, you just save your bigger matches. They could have used Extreme Rules to have qualifier matches for Raw's MITB if they didn't have any other plans. Same with the SD and/or Raw shows. Why not have qualifying matches even if the result is fairly obvious? Could be a way to build feuds, too (I.e. Guys costing each other the qual. match).

They're saving Strowman and Reigns to face Lesnar for the big ppvs, so you have him face the "lesser" opponents on other shows. Etc., etc. doesn't make sense why they have 4-6 months a year where they really don't have anything planned.

·
Registered
5,629 Posts
This isn't new AT ALL. Look back at WWE even back 2000-2005. Lots of fatal four ways, triple threats, six pack challenges between April-July. They've always filled the Mania-Summerslam gap this way.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts