Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wired.com said:
The XOS 2 is an upgrade to the original XOS built for military use by contractor Raytheon. It is lighter, faster and uses half the power of the XOS, and – according to one of the uninjured test-soldiers – lets you press 200-pounds or do pushups with 150-pounds on your back without even feeling it.

While the suit is clearly perfect for fighting, when it makes it into service in five years it will be used just like Ripley’s power-loader in the movie Aliens. A tethered, full-body XOS would be used for loading weapons and supplies (and, of course, fighting Alien queens in airlocks). A pants- only version, encircling legs and waist, could be used in the field to help troops carry heavy loads.

The Raytheon XOS 2 was named one of TIME magazine's 50 Best Inventions of the Year, apparently allowing "even its least muscular wearer to lift 90kg (198 pound) loads."

·
Phantom Thief
17,449 Posts
Before we get excited, we need to see if it is capable of walking away from explosions.... with badass music playing in the back.

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
Whatever happened to that experimental armour thingie they were trying out? I think somebody posted it here, it was like some Ghost Recon shit with a built-in HUD and everything.

·
40,767 Posts
Does it make you invisible? I read somewhere that invisibility is possible now, no bullshit.

All this "magical" and science fiction stuff becomes reality with every passing year.

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
I'm frankly a little scared to think where we're going to be by the time I have my own kids.

'Yeah, little Vintage Junior™, back in my day we had fucking VHS tapes - none of this Violet-Ray 3D shit'
'Yeah, we had to load our games up with a disk, none of this full-body, motion-sensing, sensory-distorting shit like now'
'Yeah, we had a place called Africa, not just a giant wasteland used as a garbage can by the world'

Hmmm.

·
40,767 Posts
And then the garbage will mutate the crocodiles and lions, hyper evolving them into a sentient half garbage/half animal mutant that can seriously kick a lot of ass.

We'll have to enslave them, but luckily for us we'll be able to use them against the Kodan Armada or Lord Xenu, whoever shows up first wanting to start some shit.

The garbage animals won't even need suits. That's how badass they'll be. Diamond eyes and shit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts