Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Going to have to give it some serious thought. I'm not just handing it out to anyone. I doubt I'll find anyone as good as Nitemare to add to the position because IMO, he's very good at what he does. Don't dwell on the pay thing too much, I would only do that as a loast resort if things get worse. As for BabyBoy's point about unity, I can only endorse that and it was one of the points I eluded to in the announcement. You guys are the people that are basically running the forum, you need to show an example and keep this place intact.

BDV may well be a good choice but with him being in England, it's not going to make much of a difference. Like you guys said, we need an Aussie.

·
Banned
3,015 Posts
I think any constant members wouldn't mind paying a fee, I wouldn't, and it would get rid of any spammers. As for a SM I think we need Rajah back. I know he left angry but after seeing the place how it is now I think he'd be willing to come back. And once Lee gets his computer fixed there should be less problems. I think that a heavier penalty for spamming and being stupid could help too. After starting one stupid thread I doubt a member is going to turn around and be a good contribution. So, ban him. Another WOW mod could help too. I've noticed some threads 6 months old, brought back, and have been open for a week now.

·
version 2.0
5,045 Posts
I agree completly with the annoucement, even the paying part. It's Amish's forums, if he wants to charge, he has the right to. Don't get me wrong though, I'd be gone because I wouldn't pay.

As for Flash, I have no idea where you get your info from, but I was never 'dropped.' I was de-adminned back to Super Mod after a week because Lee said I didn't do anything admin-ish. As for Mod and Super Mod; I resigned. And the last time I checked, I'm on the forums every day excluding weekends. I may not post, but I am here.

As for a new super mod, I agree with BabyBoy. I don't see anyone qualified.

·
Don't rewrite the books, just rewrite the titles,
15,672 Posts
That's a bit too strong, I think. There have been members who've started off badly and, once told to behave or leave, have chosen to behave. Obviously there are more who have chosen to leave (or, more honestly, banned) but people should be given a chance to redeem themselves.

Absolutely no offense to Swindy, here, but I don't think he's a dedicated enough poster to be on the staff. He's only ever made three threads since joining. ChristopeR. doesn't post anywhere near as much as he used to and a lot of it's in the WOW forums. As BB said, I don't think there is any Australian member who is suitable, currently.

.lk said:
What I really really want is the authorization to be more stricty in the GFX Area. People are giving out high ratings WAY to easily. That annoys me.
Get rid of the ratings. Seriously. It would force people to give a constructive appraisal of someone's work, rather than just relying on a number system that, by your own admission, is failing badly.

·
Don't rewrite the books, just rewrite the titles,
15,672 Posts
^^^That is an obvious option. Like someone said, we have mods at the moment who don't do much. It might be harder to pick several mods than one SM, though.

The other obvious point is that Lee said very recently that he preferred WE not having lots of staff members like other forums do and felt the current staff was more or less okay.

aesthetic said:
As for Flash, I have no idea where you get your info from, but I was never 'dropped.' I was de-adminned back to Super Mod after a week because Lee said I didn't do anything admin-ish. As for Mod and Super Mod; I resigned.
Yes, I apologise unreservedly. I remember now, you resigned because you'd lost interest in the forums.

·
Registered
7,477 Posts
No one has mentioned me? WTF?!?! :lmao

Seriously though. Knowing Rajah and the crappy way he left, he'd be your best bet at a SM choice. Offering it to him would show that, bullshit aside, his job was appreciated. Think he'll easily put this latest spat behind him and do what's best for the boards. Him (and Flash) have always been respected for their "no bs, cut to the chase" way of doing things. If you fuck up, friend or not, they won't sugar coat it, and they stay neutral in all means. (Least from what I've seen in my stays here)

Other than that, I'd probably have to say go with pickin' a few different mods til you can choose who'd fill the position best. (Trial periods and such)

The pay thing? Well, it's not my place, so it's not my place to bitch if it comes down to it. But being that I'm unemployed...you kinda know how I feel about it. :( But it'd deffinately weed out the members who don't give two squirell turds about what they post. And that'd be a good thing. So it's understandable.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't mind having to pay a fee for at least a "higher access" to some part of the forums.

I actually do find it difficult at times, to post in anywhere other then Graphics. Maybe if more then half my posts were "luv you" or "k" or made some other reference to wanting to have sex with another poster, it would be much easier.

·
Banned
1,132 Posts
I dont go on the rival because of having to pay. If this forum goes pay then I will just use mine, BDW, EOW, etc instead. This is not meant to be a ban me now thing or something but I just hate that idea. It would help cut down on amount of n00bs but it would lose most other members too. I suggest makin the babes forum to like good members only, same with multimedia. Not pay though.

·
What's up, vanilla face?
2,795 Posts
If you make people pay for this forum the members will drop greatly and I highly suggest you don't because many respected members will leave and go to other sites if they have to pay. I certainly will not use it and it will lose much of it's value. Use all your other plans I don't care just don't make us pay because it will be bad for the forum and it's members.

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
I've skimmed through everybodys post and I think I've gotten the gist of everybody's opinion.

My personal opinion on the fee is make a certain amount of posts equal to the fee. So if you have like a thousand posts you don't need to pay the fee because you've already contributed to the forums. I wouldn't pay a fee since I'm in the 15-18 age area and don't have the money.

I'm also in agreeince on there being a new Super Mod, can't think of anyone other than BDV1 though. As for the posting standards I agree with those too. I think W-E's finally hit rock bottom and now we're picking ourselves back up again.

·
Banned
1,489 Posts
Yeah, well I would still be willing to pay, but ONLY if it's not a big amount of money. I mean, I can pay 10 to 20 $, but not more. I mean like this isn't my life, I can always go chat somewhere esle. But I'm cool with it as long as it's not very expenive.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Firstly, I'm not big on the whole paying idea. I only have little over 100 posts, but I don't see the point in coming on here and acting like a moron. I try and contribute, without getting on anyones nerves or creating tension or anger etc. I'm only a fairly new poster, and I spend most of my time in the Anything, Rants, or mainly WWE forums. I occasionally visit others.

I am sure paying will turn a lot of members away. I don't even know about the rival, I've never heard of it. I like the way you can say what you want on here, mostly without getting heat about it, and can use the odd coarse language without having to worry.

Obviously this place would be majority American, Canadian, and not many people would be from Australia. It also takes a lot of time etc. to be a mod or admin or whatever.

I post sensibly, hopfully a majority of other people new to the forums choose to do the same, and see the pointlessness in starting a stupid thread or spamming or starting a fight with other members.

·
Registered
7,477 Posts
Did you people read the article or are you just going on what's been posted in here?

Amish said the "fee" thing was only to be a last ditch effort if we, the members and staff, didn't start pullin our weight and doing what's expected of us. Right now, it's not even really an issue. But if the majority of us don't give it our all, I won't blame him for implanting the fee's.

The post count idea isn't part of it. That was someone's idea as for what to do. Even so, you can't really go on posts anyway. Some are shit, some are spam. You can easily rack up a 1000 posts in a matter of weeks. It's whether you put thought/time into'em that matters.

The issue here are the issues we're faced with at the moment. So let's try not to get beyond that til the time comes to do so.

21 - 40 of 80 Posts