Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Banned
1,972 Posts
I agree as far as the standard of posting, but I doubt anybody would pay to be a member here. That would drive away a lot of people, especially since most here are around 15-16 years old. I agree though, I want to avoid that, so I'm going to post accordingly and set an example and keep the Anything forum cleaned up. Cody and I were talking about it last night. I want to avoid any changes to WEF as far as paying money, having to be a premium member, and so forth. I'll do my part from now on. I hope others will too. Love you, Mr. Pac.

oh, and to make the title bold on the announcement, it has to be in HTML format, not BB Code.

·
Premium Member
6,164 Posts
I'm not sure following in the footsteps of it's lead rival in the fee based membership is a smart move, it's one of the reasons I prefer wrestling-edge over it's rival. However saying this I don't know your full intensions/plan for this so I can't say good or bad, but it certainly grabbed my attention in a negative way. Hopefully it will not come to that.

As for new staff, I do feel we need another super mod, preferably in the australian time zone as that's when we seem vulnerable to spam.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will speak with Nitemare about another supermod when he returns. As I said, I don't want to introduce premium, but if the poor level of posting continues, I will introduce it for the more 'popular' forums that the 'newbies' seem to join for for. You guys know that if I wanted premium, I would have introduced it by now.

·
Premium Member
6,164 Posts
That's cool, it's understandable. Could you perhaps show us examples of what is and isn't appropriate so we have a guideline to post with in future?

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Things like 'Your Dick Size, Tits Size,' 'I fucking hate (insert name).' and general stupid threads like that. There is way too much profanity on here, and there are way too many topics that don't allow some current and even some of the new posters to get involved.

·
Don't rewrite the books, just rewrite the titles,
15,672 Posts
Another Super Mod might be useful. I do what I can, where I can, but working doesn't help with that. Obviously, I'm asleep when a large amount of the posts happen, which in turn will be when a lot of the more "undesireable" posts are made.

The problem is choosing another Super Mod. The only person I can think of who posted a lot, knew what he was doing with regards to moderating and is from the Australian side is Rajah, and (although I haven't spoken with him for a little while now) I'm not sure he'd want to come back.

As for the announcement in general, I agree wholly with BDV's comments. I don't think payment looks good. It's certainly an advantage we have over you-know-who with regards to drawing new members.

With regard to the standard of posting, I've been closing a lot more theads, warning people with points and with a simple posted warning than usual. It appears to be working. I've also banned a lot more people recently, mainly for trying to ruin it for everyone else.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I appreciate that, but the poor posting standard still remains. It's been a long time since I've seen some intelligent discussion, hell even some constructive debating. As I said, I'll have to do some research into the supermod position.

·
15,672 Posts
I think there is still intelligent discussion, but I agree that it's harder to find than it used to be. The Entertainment forums (including Music and Gaming) are useful, but I accept that it'd be nice if some of that spread elsewhere.

Tha Boss said:
Things like 'Your Dick Size, Tits Size,' 'I fucking hate (insert name).' and general stupid threads like that. There is way too much profanity on here, and there are way too many topics that don't allow some current and even some of the new posters to get involved.
In Lee's defense (and I'm sure you're only using at as an example here), the thread doesn't contain profanity in the title, it says Breasts and Penis instead.

Anyway, that's not the point (like I said). The point is that Lee actually started that thread in response to all the crap that was being posted. The post he made before making that thread was something scathing towards a different topic saying something like, "What's next, a How big is your penis/breasts" thread?". That thread was intended as a parody of all the rubbish that was being posted.

·
Banned
3,338 Posts
I do think that there should be another Super mod around here. I'm not too high on the idea of paying a fee but that's not up to me.

But I think OZ did a good job of being a Super mod and I think BDV1 would be a good Super mod too.

·
15,672 Posts
OZ is too irregular with his posting, in my eyes. Sometimes he posts a lot, then there can be weeks on end when he doesn't post. He's also been an SM and Admin before, and was dropped from both because of the above reasons. Besides, that would be another American and we already have Nitemare (when his computer's fixed) and Kaneanite from that timezone.

·
L'Avvocato Del Diavolo
2,860 Posts
Rajah is the best option, but like you said Flash, it's whether he'd come back or not. And I can't see Lee asking him to come back.

As for paying, I don't mind paying so long as it works. But obviously I'd prefer not to and I'll do my best to make sure It doesn't come to that.

·
Premium Member
6,164 Posts
BrckBrlnXII said:
I think BDV1 would be a good Super mod too.
Awwww much love cuz. I don't think another American Super mod would benefit, british would be better but Australia is definately the key demo as we need someone to watch the forum between 6AM GMT and 5PM GMT, that's where we've been caught before.

Swindy....

·
Registered
11,885 Posts
Yes, Swindy is a good choice, he know his stuff and is much fun.
I don't really mind the 'brainless' topics, since my posts aren't far from it. That's mostly because I find it hard to express my real thoughts in English.

What I really really want is the authorization to be more stricty in the GFX Area. People are giving out high ratings WAY to easily. That annoys me.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I like the idea of an Aussie SM, however the main problem is that there aren't many established Aussie members that actually post in all areas of the site.

Example: Grendrill and Jarmac (who is an experienced admin) both post frequently in the BTB threads, but basically ignore the other parts of the forums.

I suggest christopheR. He posts regularly in each section of the forums and has admin experience.

I'm not in support of the paying memberships, but thats up to you guys.

·
Premium Member
6,164 Posts
x_white_tiger_x said:
I suggest christopheR. He posts regularly in each section of the forums and has admin experience.
Aside from grammar and spelling mistakes making him look incredibly unprofessional I don't think he gives the time to the forum that would warrant such a position...But he is a nice enough guy with good intensions I guess. But I don't think he's right for the job.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts