Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the possible NFL and NBA lockout coming up, rasslin will have a big chance to steal the show. I guarentee the NHL will miss the boat - knowing them they'll screw up. Bettman is a dumbass who constantly fucks the fans out of a good quality game. With that said, what do you all think RAW needs to do to capture and hold on to a wide array of new potential viewers?

·
Dragon Slayer
6,629 Posts
There hasn't been any real talk of an NBA lockout, they are just getting a new CBA when the current one expires. And with a major sport like the NFL, I doubt the players will sacrifice all that money when they know in the end the owners will win anyway. Don't be surprised if neither sport is locked out.

Either way, there's nothing to say football fans will decide to sit down and watch WWE just because MNF is not on. If that were the case, WWEs ratings would skyrocket every February and stay high until September.

For the WWE to really capitalize on a lack of competition (assuming no MNF) they need to move into a more mature and edgy product. WWE can easily balance a family friendly product and remain PG, while having a more mature and edgy tone. Last night is a perfect example of that. Nothing was done last night that would make me as a hypothetical parent not let my kids watch wrestling. If WWE sticks with a family friendly show, meaning no topless women, no guns, and no live sex shows, they can still go forward with more entertaining promos and stories, and grab the attention of that adult audience that watches the NFL. Afterall, this is the audience WWE used to have anyway.

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
To attract all the Mid 20's to late 40's football fans you would have to have alot more mature show with alot more comedy. By comedy I dont mean Cena's stupid ass little jokes. The Rock coming back could help extrememly bring back the fans of the 90's and early 2000's which are more than likely the same fans who now watch football on monday night instead of wrestling. But the PG bullshit is not going to fly. A 30 year old beer drinkin sports loving fan is not going to want to watch a cheezy PG show. He wouldnt watch the disney channel while having a beer and some pizza so he obviously isnt going to watch PG WWE. So in order to draw in a little older crowd they would have to have more crude jokes, skankier women and more wrestling less talking. But I dont think WWE is trying to get its older fan base back. The sell plenty of merchandise with the 5-12 year old crowd. These kids want to come to a wrestling event so who is gunna take them? Their parents which may not like wrestling but buy tickets and go to wrestling just because their kids want to.

·
Banned
2,673 Posts
Rock returning won't do anything in the long-term.

The product is as it is. None of the guys right now could work with someone like The Rock. He's a class above them. They're pretty crap in comparison aside from Cena. It would stick out and detract from the show. One man shows nevr work. Cena's biggest issue is that his bigges asset is selling merchandise. If they change him, and lose that, his value drops also which is a sacrifice the WWE probably wouldn't make.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.