·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
-Cena is "fired"
-Orton is injured
-HHH is on sabbatical

There is no one on RAW for the Miz to feud with. Here are my solutions:

1) Bring HHH back early and have him feud with the Miz (HHH would still have to resolve the Sheamus issue though)
2) Move Ray Mysterio over from smackdown (Ray shouldn't lose to a glorified mid-carder, there is no explain it, unless Miz gets DQ'd)
3) Promote John Morrison prematurely (like that would main-event a PPV)
4) Bring in the Big Show (again, no draw)

RAW IS DOOMED!!!!

·
Sgt. Pepper
4,144 Posts
Mick Foley, Kevin Nash, Bret Hart, Chris Jericho, Batista, Vince McMahon?

Lol

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
John Morrison works.

1) They have a long history, find out who is the Marty Jannetty lol.
2) They both went from Tough Enough to their current spots, and WWE is bringing back that show.

Oh and of course there is Sheamus instead.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
Just book Orton vs. Miz for TLC. About 30 minutes into the PPV, cut to the backstage area with Miz and Riley beating the living hell out of Orton, smashing his knee. Later on in the night, Riley and Miz strut out and wait for Orton. Naturally, Orton guts it out and almost crawls to the ring. Orton still looks as good as he can, natch, but Miz goes over on an injured Orton, then the next night declares that the only way Orton can ever get another title shot is to win The Royal Rumble.

Meanwhile, have Morrison slowly step it up and crack the lower tier of the main event circle. Have him win a #1 contender's bout in early January for a Royal Rumble WWE Championship match. As has been said by many people, in certain years the championship matches are lower profile because the 'Rumble match sells itself, allowing you to play around with untested guys ala Sheamus last year, Jeff Hardy a couple years ago, even freakin' Bob Holly.

Then there's Elimination Chamber and you don't really need a direct one-on-one feud for that to work.

Voila.

Reactions: What 3:16

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
Just book Orton vs. Miz for TLC. About 30 minutes into the PPV, cut to the backstage area with Miz and Riley beating the living hell out of Orton, smashing his knee. Later on in the night, Riley and Miz strut out and wait for Orton. Naturally, Orton guts it out and almost crawls to the ring. Orton still looks as good as he can, natch, but Miz goes over on an injured Orton, then the next night declares that the only way Orton can ever get another title shot is to win The Royal Rumble.

Meanwhile, have Morrison slowly step it up and crack the lower tier of the main event circle. Have him win a #1 contender's bout in early January for a Royal Rumble WWE Championship match. As has been said by many people, in certain years the championship matches are lower profile because the 'Rumble match sells itself, allowing you to play around with untested guys ala Sheamus last year, Jeff Hardy a couple years ago, even freakin' Bob Holly.

Then there's Elimination Chamber and you don't really need a direct one-on-one feud for that to work.

Voila.
This would work well.

I don't think the RAW main event is stuck exactly because they can easily do the re-match with Orton/Miz at TLC, maybe even add Barrett in there too since his title shot got taken away by John Cena and you have your match at TLC which Miz would win in typical heel fashion.

As Desolation Row says, Morrison has been getting a push and it wouldn't be out of the question for him to get a title shot at the royal rumble. They ahve uses this PPV to test out new guys in the main event while the top guys go into the rumble (Kennedy, Hardy and...Hardcore Holly?) so it would be fine. I don't think anyone expects Morrison to be in title match at Mania, or win the title anytimes soon but since they are giving them a push and Miz needs a challenger, give him a shot.

Then the Mania matches can shape up from the Elimination Chamber PPV. It all works out fine I'm sure.

·
Registered
241 Posts
No better time for the Morrison Miz feud.

DesolationRow's suggestion is solid booking. Keep building Morrison to a No.1 contenders shot (he's had title shots on Smackdown so not such a stretch. In the meantime end Miz/Orton with an injury angle at TLC. Remember that TLC is no-disqualification so that brings Riley into play big time and Orton won't look weak in the slightest.

So Miz/Morrison in the title match at the Rumble and Orton as a major player in the Rumble.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Voila.
Sounds great, but would Orton be able to work a match (a TLC match no less) in his condition.

Elimination chamber would be:

-Miz (c)
-Morrison
-Sheamus
-Barrett (my pick to win)
-Dibiase (fodder)
-R Truth (fodder)

None of which were main eventers last year

·
Registered
6,492 Posts
-Cena is "fired"
-Orton is injured
-HHH is on sabbatical

There is no one on RAW for the Miz to feud with. Here are my solutions:

1) Bring HHH back early and have him feud with the Miz (HHH would still have to resolve the Sheamus issue though)
2) Move Ray Mysterio over from smackdown (Ray shouldn't lose to a glorified mid-carder, there is no explain it, unless Miz gets DQ'd)
3) Promote John Morrison prematurely (like that would main-event a PPV)
4) Bring in the Big Show (again, no draw)

RAW IS DOOMED!!!!
You can over exaggerurate. RAW is doing fine, the last weeks were very good shows. I am a fan of HHH, so I'm all for a return by him. Mysterio should stay on SD, he's a SD guy and SD needs his face power.

I could see a Miz/Morrison feud, yes. The only problem is, I don't see Morrison as a staying main event player as The Miz is now. The Miz is more complete (hence why Miz is WWE Champion). But mainly because of their history it could work good. Also on that, when HHH/Sheamus/Orton/Cena are fully back there is no chance for Morrison that he'll be a main eventer.

And just like Mysterio, I see Big Show more as a SD guy. I always preferred Show as a face, and just like Mysterio they are using his starpower on SD well and it should stay that way in my opinion.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Everyone says how the Rumble match sells itself and the WWE title match doesn't really matter? Well, Morrison has had losing world title matches, so how about giving him the win in January and dropping at the Chamber?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Capitalizing on JoMo's push makes the most sense. There are quite a few ways of doing this so WWE really just needs to pull from a hat.

I do have to laugh at the person who said Miz is more "complete" than JoMo. Miz benefitted from a carefully constructed and managed push, unlike Morrison. It had little to do with him being a "complete package" as he isn't. He has just as many weaknesses as say Morrison does, just in different things. However, I do think WWE is going to do something crazy at Elimination Chamber.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
So based on this thread (and others) we have:

TLC -

Miz (c) vs. Orton
Sheamus vs. Morrison (possible HHH interference)

RR -

Miz (c) vs. Morrison
RR winner = Cena
HHH also returns, but is eliminated by Sheamus

EC -

Morrison (c) (eliminated after Miz beats him down after his own elimination)
Miz (eliminated by Morrison)
Sheamus (HHH interferes)
Barrett
Debiase
R-Truth

(Three WC or former WC's)

WM -

HHH vs. Sheamus
Barrett (c) vs. Cena

·
Registered
9,109 Posts
The timing here for the WWE isnt too bad. A TLC gimmick match between Miz and Morrison would totally work and suit Morrison very well. Next month you have Royal Rumble, which is the one PPV where the title matches aren't the focus and then you have Elimination Chamber where you can throw in midcarders in the main event.

By this time, HHH, Orton and Cena will all be back. Vince doesn't have to make any desperate moves at all.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Morrison is'nt gonna be facing Miz at TLC, how does he loss to Sheamus but get a title shot ?

Orton will make it to TLC and the EC always has midcarders in it.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
How is Orton supposed to work a TLC match when he's injured for real?
I didn't think he is seriously injured? I thought it was just something minor he needed to take a week off or so to heal. If it is a big injury then they would have to do an injury angle at some point, you can't have him advertised for a PPV, have people buying it to have an already planned injury angle take place to almost cancel the match. People will have paid for that.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
WWE title picture doesn't have to be the main event for Raw, the main event should be the match with the biggest story going(just like most ppl would agree HBK-Taker should be main event of WM over the whc or wwe title match)

For TLC it's obviously gonna be Miz-Orton.

Rumble will be Miz vs someone random
EC will be 6 guys in it
WM will be the big story match(most likely Cena-Barrett) for the title

Then after WM, back to the usual Raw ME scene of Cena-Orton-HHH

·
Registered
802 Posts
Yeah except Cena is going to be on Raw every week anyway.
but he wont be able to wrestle and will only be fuding with nexus

1 - 20 of 22 Posts