Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
-First of all last week he is in a good competitive match with orton which was a good thing but what do they do they have Ziggler pinned cleanly for what reason?
Orton is a made star Ziggler is not made no sense to have ziggler lose and what made even less sense was miz attacked randy a good 5 seconds after he pinned dolph ,why did'nt they just have miz run in a do a DQ and do the same beatdown but protect ziggler? too much logic i suppose

- Now on to RAW this week Ziggler is getting himself over quite well on commentary and does a good heel beatdown on edge and then what does wwe creatvie do they have him go after Orton for no reason and he just comes across as Alex Reilly 2.0.Looks like a Miz lackey who takes an rko for no reason instead should of been brawling with edge to the back to build up their Rumble title bout.

do they even think when they book for a #1 contender to be taken serious:no:

·
HEADBANGA
24,306 Posts
You should be glad that he's even featured on the A-show. He's been giving a lot of screen time over the past few weeks so he's good in my book.

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You should be glad that he's even featured on the A-show. He's been giving a lot of screen time over the past few weeks so he's good in my book.
so is teddy jr dont mean he is taken serious now ziggler is'nt that badly treated but the number 1 contender should'nt be getting laid out by a guy who is not the title holder or pinned cleanly on RAW

·
HEADBANGA
24,306 Posts
He's a heel. He's supposed to get his ass handed to him once in a while. Especially if it's a mega face like Orton. Orton RKO'd everyone and their grandmother. Getting RKO'd doesn't hurt his credibility.

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
once in a while not 2 weeks in a row not to mention he loss to cena acouple weeks back

it is just not how you build up your number 1 contender it just bad booking

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
What's worse, is WWE creative trying to mix face and heel characteristics.

What is the point of saying he wants Edge 100%, and to win the championship fairly, then get him to attack Edge? To "save" him?

He should have attacked Miz (who looks podgy -lol'ed at that one), to further telegraph his face change - rather than save him and then attack Orton.

I know they want to hype the smackdown match, but please, Dolph had no reason to be in the ring, after "saving" Edge.

Especially, since Dolph said he did not like the Miz, but respects Edge.

The Ending could have been booked stronger and better.

·
Registered
9,904 Posts
Over the last month he has had a few great matches with the top two faces of the WWE Cena and Orton, he may have lost those matches but has looked great and is getting a lot of tv time, like Miz did earlier this year. Not only that but he is getting a WHC match against Edge. I am happy with everything, but I do see your point about him losing clean to Orton and getting RKO'd this week leading into the Rumble, but they got Smackdown to make it up.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Yeah I posted a thread about this last week. He shouldn't have gotten pinned cleanly by Orton that match should've ended in a DQ or Miz should've interfered and cost Orton the match. Having your number 1 contender pinned cleanly is a bad look for business. And about last night yeah I don't see why he went after Orton he should've simply left the ring after beating down on Edge.

·
ALL HAIL THE MAHARAJA
2,284 Posts
Ziggler's booking has been fine, he's getting over like crazy now and is now fighting with the main eventers, just because he lost doesn't mean he didn't get any credibility from them because he got a good offensive on Orton and Cena.

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
He's a heel. He's supposed to get his ass handed to him once in a while. Especially if it's a mega face like Orton. Orton RKO'd everyone and their grandmother. Getting RKO'd doesn't hurt his credibility.
I agree with this. I think the OP is basically right, they should have let Miz break it up before the 3 count if the plan was to have Miz interfere, but it feels like nitpicking. The WWE clearly sees something in Ziggler, and that kind of booking isn't going to be the difference in him getting over as a heel with the fans. The real test will be if he can get heat without Vickie. His promo's are still pretty mediocre for a main event prospect. Vickie can get him through for this first run at a title, but he'll have to show he can do it alone before he gets his next chance.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I like Ziggler and all...but nobody takes Ziggler seriously in the first place. He couldn't even pin Kofi Kingston for God's sake, WWE are just trying to be consistent with their booking, even if they try to protect him it's pointless, he's been booked like 'undeserving' contender since the beginning, the casuals' perspective is that he's 'there' because of Vickie.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
To cement him in that main event picture, he should've been made to seem or look more tough. Y'know, like not losing to Orton, or even him getting RKO'd last night.

But hey, as a fan, I'm glad to see Zigs in that picture. Seems fine.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
:lmao @ people being shocked by this.

He has no credibility except for being the boyfriend of Vickie.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Ziggler being on Raw shouldn't even be happening! Brand split, what?!?!?!

·
Registered
694 Posts
All in all there are wrestlers who would kill to be in Ziggler's shoes right now. In just under a month he has went up against the top three faces in the WWE at the moment(Cena,Orton & Edge). Even if he loses or wins he can't go anywhere but up from here.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
Obvious trial run push is obvious.

Ziggler as a character is someone who has to almost literally ram his head into a brick wall a hundred times before finding his way through. He did it in the undercard, he did it in the midcard and now he's back at the proverbial bottom--of the main event scene, which he won't be getting into legitimately anytime soon, unless they book a face turn, and even then it won't be entirely smooth sailing for him. He's being booked fine.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts